Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigels taking liberties

edited April 2009 in Rumours
Just bumped into one of work and asked if had heard what the Nigels were doing on our last match of the season. Apparently they have hired a light aircraft to fly over the Valley againest Norwich with a banner reading "Enjoy Division 1 Clowns"

Comments

• Options
    I seen they were talking about it on Holmesdale.net but I doubt they'll go through with it.
  • Options
    That would be pretty hillarious.
  • Options
    A lot of money for a club they don't care about. Bloody odd you ask me
  • Options
    They've collected over £800 to do this.

I find it hilarious, probably the biggest waste of money i think i've ever known.

Can't see it being allowed still, and even if it was, what is the point ? If you want to do something like that you do so for the surprise impact. What is the point if everyone knows about it first ?

Absolutely pathetic. Within a few months they have gone from insisting we were no more than a Southend / Luton to them, to raising nearly a grand for something they won't even see themselves !
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Not what I heard.

I heard they paid £700 to apply for a licence to fly the plane and got turned down by the CAA.

Laugh's on them I think.

£700 they raised but they don't care about us.

Going to get a bit of this but remember we waited from 1985 until 1999 for our revenge at the "we'll never play you again game" when they were in administration and the fat bird couldn't sing.

Our time will come again and as the saying goes "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid"

Patience, fellow Addicks, patience.
  • Options
    Oh, and the £700 application fee is non-refundable.

Let's all laugh at Palace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Oh, and the £700 application fee is non-refundable.

Hahahahahah
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]A lot of money for a club they don't care about. Bloody odd you ask me[/quote]

Odd bunch over there
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2009
    From a post on there:
    [cite]Posted By: Palace Mug[/cite]you will have noticed that we have been a bit silent on this (to those of you who have pm'ed us this is why we havent been back to you straight away!!!)...

this is because,we've had word from the pilot,that the application for permission for the fiight was REFUSED...

we wont go into why,BUT the last we heard the pilot was asking the CAA to explain the 2 points they gave for the refusing the application,and he thought he had a GOOD arguement against BOTH of them...

with this in mind IF those of you who have contacted us recently with offers of donations,STILL want to donate then feel free to on the understanding,that as originally AGREED IF the pilot isnt successful with the CAA,then the money WILL go to the GTF....

the current total is £787 LESS what was paid for the paperwork to be filed (which is NON REFUNDABLE,as explained earlier in this thread)

as we am waiting on money to arrive and we've had pm's over the weekend of offers we are almost certain to reach the target
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More money than sense that lot.

Don't cost a penny to sing a song to wind them up
  • Options
    Flying one of those near an airport ain't going to happen in a million years
  • Options
    shaa la la, la la, la la la the nigel plane cant get off the ground!!!
  • Options
    This is all a joke right? they havent actually spent that much....
  • Options
    Single engined aircraft are no allowed to fly with in a defined area of London, which Im sure includes the area around The Valley.
  • Options
    The CAA won't in a million years allow them to fly one of those on the flight path into Heathrow and that close to London City, so the Nigels have spunked their loads, hahaha
  • Options
    What a bunch of divs. Complete and utter dins.

What moron parted with his/her money on an off-chance?! We're right next to city airport for crying out loud!!

And as has been said, on a flight path to one of the worlds busiest airports
  • Options
    They might have got it if it was a Saturday, since LCY's pretty quiet then - seen the helicopters advertising the News of the World before - but Sundays are busier so they've got no chance.

I'm sure Burnley or Preston did this to Blackpool a few years back (or one of the Lancashire clubs, anyway).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]This is all a joke right? they havent actually spent that much....

Oh, yes they have : - )
  • Options
    Wow, that particular site seems to be the pikey element of footie fans, what a bunch of stains they are, as Henry says, patients , it is more than likely that we will leap frog them next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funniest thing i have read all my life!! What a bunch of weasels.
  • Options
    Lets say it did happen.

How many people are going to look in to the sky during the match and see it?

If we weren't on a flight path I'm sure the FA wouldn't allow it as it could cause a distraction to the players.

What a special bunch!
  • Options
    A funny story all round.

A good idea and then the CAA ban it after they collect and spend the money.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

If we weren't on a flight path I'm sure the FA wouldn't allow it as it could cause a distraction to the players.

quote]

Unless they moniter fan sites they would not know and nothing they could do really
  • Options
    Put simply, NOTHING will ever top Amarillo.

Palace are a really strange lot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Put simply, NOTHING will ever top Amarillo.

So true. Try as they might they know it and we know it. LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Put simply, NOTHING will ever top Amarillo.

Palace are a really strange lot.

Yup, Amarillo at THAT game was something else and the reason they are doing this just proves how much it got up their noses ... and our approach cost nothing.

Just a bunch of losers who can't decide if they hate us or we don't exist - but it is quite clear how they really feel, they just can't bring themselves to admit it.

CAFC, Pride of South East London
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Oh, and the £700 application fee is non-refundable.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha Silly Nigels - If it had happened i would have to applaud it though!
  • Options
    that is pure and utter F****** CLASS IN A GLASS.

Haven't laughed at a post on CL out loud in a long time.

Brilliant.

£700 sovs down the drain HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Airman Brown will be loading his trusty Vickers Guns to intercept and
    mark up another hit!