Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigels taking liberties

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Henry, you have me confused with someone else.

Personally, I don't hate Charlton, but I know of many Palace fans who hate Charlton with a passion.

Hasn't this been done before?

Yes, but that never stops anyone else.

The common Glazier responses is "why do you hate us, we don't hate you. You can't hate us if we don't hate you".

So by Glazier logic you can't hate Liverpool QED

Henry, I bow to your reasoning, and I no longer hate Liverpool.

Can I change my hatred to the FA for allowing Liverpool back into europe early, thus denying Palace entry? I'm convinced that the hatred is reciprocated, judging by some of the strange decisions they make about us, so that surely can be allowed.

Youre wrong. The FAs main rivals are the SFA.

Palace are just trying to create a rivalry with the FA with SJ's outbursts re-chairman and football agents.
  • Options
    nope, fraid not Budgie. The FA are not your rivals. The already have an established rivalry with the Scottish FA that goes back to the 70s and stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]nope, fraid not Budgie. The FA are not your rivals. The already have an established rivalry with the Scottish FA that goes back to the 70s and stuff.

Surely I can claim them as rivals though, I'm not trying to establish a hatred as Henry was suggesting. I'm sure you can have rivals without having the hatred, such as Charltons rivalries with Millwall and Palace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]nope, fraid not Budgie. The FA are not your rivals. The already have an established rivalry with the Scottish FA that goes back to the 70s and stuff.

Surely I can claim them as rivals though, I'm not trying to establish a hatred as Henry was suggesting. I'm sure you can have rivals without having the hatred, such as Charltons rivalries with Millwall and Palace.

You can claim as much as you want Budgie. For instance you could be desperate and perhaps try and suggest that Iain Dowie and Mark Hudson were undercover agents, sent to CAFC by Palace, to try and get revenge for being relegated by us..................

Only kidding. That would just be down right pathetic.
  • Options

'Fraid not. Rules is rules. No reciprocal hated, no rivalry. : - )
  • Options
    Damn Henry, I suppose that just leaves me with Brighton then, and with them headed for division 4, it looks like Palace are going to be a team without hatred and rivals for at least a year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Damn Henry, I suppose that just leaves me with Brighton then, and with them headed for division 4, it looks like Palace are going to be a team without hatred and rivals for at least a year.

It seems you have no problem imagining them though.
  • Options
    Sorry, but this is quite a good effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYjac0eODM
  • Options
    Budgie old son, do us all a favour - yourself included - and bore off.

Nobody minds the occassional WUM if it's done well, but you're just not that good at it and it's simply not funny.

Go on, run along now, there's a good lad.
  • Options
    I hate to admit it but that is quite good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha good one Nige. You are funny bunch over at Selhurst!!
  • Options
    I heard Pardew is taking over from Warnock when he retires. We'll be swapping places next season then !!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I heard Pardew is taking over from Warnock when he retires. We'll be swapping places next season then !!!!!

Let's be honest, the way your luck is running he would probably lead us to promotion and win the FA Cup in the same season!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I heard Pardew is taking over from Warnock when he retires. We'll be swapping places next season then !!!!!

Let's be honest, the way your luck is running he would probably lead us to promotion and win the FA Cup in the same season!

lol, to be fair, I'd welcome it in another years time.
  • Options
    Well best of luck Budgie. Make sure he's got a big enough parking space for his motor, and widen the doors so he can get his head through them.....on second thought Simon Jordan may be gone by then and the doors will probably need narrowing a bit!
  • Options
    nigels

not sure if this has been posted, their attempt at humour. for someone who dont care.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]nigels

not sure if this has been posted, their attempt at humour. for someone who dont care.

course they don't care - actually that was quite amusing by their standards
  • Options
    A Nigel colleague of mine texted me mocking 10 minutes after the final whistle. I've known him for a while and in that period I think they've managed one draw with us and one win (during which he texted me 5 times (he wasn't at the game). During our many victories against them I never once entered into this as I genuinely believe it is the mark of scum, and didn't mock at all when we sent them down. You'd think that having been treated in that manner, he'd have some dignity himself, but no (particularly given that it's them that are always wanking on about not being bothered about us). They really are scum. He came up cheerily taking the piss this morning and I told him to get to f**k or I'd drop him. He slunk off back to his office and has been hiding from me since. My boss asked me what the problem was, so I told him and he's given me permission to nut him (though I'm not sure how this plays in with our HR policy).
  • Options
    Thats a great video!
  • Options
    good banter(even if it's at our expense) they clearly care for us a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is quite funny, I'll give them that one....but he who laughs last, laughs longest....
  • Options
    Yep, I had to laugh at their vid too.
    No point putting our heads up our arses about it.

I know we're not their rivals and all that, but it was decently put together and full of irony, lol

Maybe it's not just a dig at us - maybe it's exactly what happened ........
  • Options
    I agree, Oggy. The vid was funny and just because we're in the shit, it doesn't mean that we should have a sense of humour failure.

We'll be back and whatever league we are in, we are still No.1 in south London.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have heard the Pilot has appealed the avaition authority Decision now & Palce fans have hired a legal team to get the flight re-instated at more cost. However, the decision I am told will never be reversed so that must take the £700+ Admin fee to well over £1,000 when you factor in the appeal & legal fees...keep going fellas :-)

It would appear that this is definately over, and thankfully it cost very little.

So all the money that was raised for the stunt, has been donated to the Geoff Thomas appeal, so I'm sure you'll all acknowledge that the event has come to a happy conclusion.
  • Options
    I thought the vid was great! Gotta be able to laugh at yourself. My palace mates will cream themselves when they see that one! Did we do a you tube vid when we dropped the Nigels?