Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird animals in UK

no not The Mighty wall or something in Woolwich. Was looking on a site about the affects of introduced speices in UK. have 5/6 paraqueets in garden every day.
So there is stuff about them and the mink that where released and breeding, coipus(sic) was living in the fens but have been all shot, bull frogs, wild boar (not the ones on here) etc etc etc

but there was one animal that i still cat believe is true (read the article a few times) that they say is living and breeding in the wild have a guess
Tell you if was ever on a ramble and saw these id give up the booze--------------------------------
Wallabies !!! FFS wallabies ??? did they get chucked out of a local Walkabout ?

Comments

• Options
    theres a tunnel in london somewhere that has hundreds of scorpians living on it, think its near a big fruit market, my old man used to work in a fruit and veg in deptford he said there would be loads of trantulas int he banannas...

spider-on-bananas_19201_2.jpg
  • Options
    the European scorpean is alive and well in Southampton docks !

years back in a 5 Star Hotel where i was working we caught this big f**koff yellow and black spider. Gave it to the pest control peeps. Few weeks later i phoned and asked em what it was ----- they said it was a House Spider !!! do f**K off might have been if you was in Jamaca !
  • Options
    There's a colony of scorpions living in Sheerness docks... been there for years apparently
  • Options
    Theres a load of weasels in SE25.
  • Options
    Oh shit, I go to Southampton docks most days at work, Eastern and Western. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those wee beasties.

Wild Boars are native to Britain though mate, the one that surprised me was Rabbits, thought they were native, introduced by The Romans apparently
  • Options
    Beavers (phnarr, phnarr) have just been re-introduced into Scotland.
  • Options
    S**t loads of those bloody noisy parrots in my back garden
  • Options
    theres about 10 or so green parrots at barnehurst train station.
  • Options
    i saw a green parrot at Greenwich park around a year ago.
  • Options
    I saw a rat and a parrot in bexleyheath once, didnt know they hung around together to be honest.

Gone now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clear evidence of such animals at Charlton on Saturday.It/they left some Blackpoo on the big screen.Did you see it?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Puma's on downs.

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/509/Bumper-year-for-big-cat.3674641.jp
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Had this sitting on my car last week.

Mind you, I was at Wolburn.
  • Options
    After Saturday I'm as sick as a parrot.
  • Options
    have woken up with a few dogs after nights out in woolwich gravesend and rochester if that counts

6677051_13de4e3f3e.jpg?v=0
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]the European scorpean is alive and well in Southampton docks !
    European Scorpions have been sighted as far away as Rio. Very 80s though.

scorpions-rock-in-rio-dvd-1.jpg
  • Options
    Was sitting in my sister's sitting room in 1992 and one of these crawled across the living room floor...

http://www.uksafari.com/woodlousespiders.htm

As my baby nephew was upstairs and as it looked very weird, I instinctively jumped on it - although it did not die without a fight.

Saw one two years later in a pile of firewood in Preston.

They came in from southern Europe a few years back and have spread due to global warming. They have the nastiest bite of any spider living in the UK, although it won't do you any permanent harm as long as you are fit and healthy!

Invasive species are a massive problem now. How long before there are tarantulas in Greenwich Park?
  • Options
    BTW, McLovin, that kind of scorpion should be exterminated!

Call Rentokill I say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]6677051_13de4e3f3e.jpg?v=0

That looks like Stu of SE7 in drag...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Was sitting in my sister's sitting room in 1992 and one of these crawled across the living room floor...

As my baby nephew was upstairs and as it looked very weird, I instinctively jumped on it - although it did not die without a fight.

They came in from southern Europe a few years back and have spread due to global warming. They have the nastiest bite of any spider living in the UK, although it won't do you any permanent harm as long as you are fit and healthy!

Invasive species are a massive problem now. How long before there are tarantulas in Greenwich Park?

I have seen dozens of them in manholes mate, there is it's big brother to watch out for too. They look pretty similar except they are jet black and shiny. In Lordswood snakes are common but nothing more than grass snakes and adders.

Sheerness docks is crawling with scorpions as I can imagine are most dockyards whereby exotic fruit is imported, they die as soon as the sun sets though.

I watched that Monty Halls the other week and he found a thing called a Pinemartin and it was a bloody wonderful looking thing. A cross between a weasel, a fox, a cat and a meerkat! Type it into google and have a look at one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]I watched that Monty Halls the other week and he found a thing called a Pinemartin and it was a bloody wonderful looking thing. A cross between a weasel, a fox, a cat and a meerkat! Type it into google and have a look at one.

We have a pine marten in our back garden, comes down to visit us most days & is currently thriving on a diet of Cheerios, toast & ritz crackers - which my kids insist on feeding it. Lovely looking creature but can be viscious.....
  • Options
    I love all that shit about 'big cats' living wild in the UK. Its an urban myth - tools like that bloke from 'Kent big cat research' are hilarious. There is absolutely no way any big cats are living wild in the UK - its all bollocks - myths perpetuated by people who miss the X-Files a bit too much. We simply don't have the wild stock in this country to support a large predator roaming wild - something the size of a panther would come into contact with the general population in VERY short order in the South of England as they'd need to raid livestock to survive. In addition, there have never been any confirmed reports of previously captive live big cats being released into the wild in the UK - contrary to popular belief most, if not ALL large cats that were sold into captivity in the UK prior to the introduction of proper legislation to control their sale were recorded properly and all accounted for. ALl the sightings made have been by people who were either pissed, looking to get their names in the paper or too stupid to realise the difference between a domestic cat, dog or badger.
  • Options
    Pine martens are up in Scotland too, I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I love all that shit about 'big cats' living wild in the UK. Its an urban myth - tools like that bloke from 'Kent big cat research' are hilarious. There is absolutely no way any big cats are living wild in the UK - its all bollocks - myths perpetuated by people who miss the X-Files a bit too much. We simply don't have the wild stock in this country to support a large predator roaming wild - something the size of a panther would come into contact with the general population in VERY short order in the South of England as they'd need to raid livestock to survive. In addition, there have never been any confirmed reports of previously captive live big cats being released into the wild in the UK - contrary to popular belief most, if not ALL large cats that were sold into captivity in the UK prior to the introduction of proper legislation to control their sale were recorded properly and all accounted for. ALl the sightings made have been by people who were either pissed, looking to get their names in the paper or too stupid to realise the difference between a domestic cat, dog or badger.

I live in prime Cougar country - they are all around us in the forests & you have to be very careful at all times when biking, hiking or even with the kids playing in the back garden. They are naturally shy but can & easily do kill fully grown adults.
  • Options
    Pinemartins are vicious little buggers by all accounts too.

Talking of people seeing big cats, there is a rumour of one round my way but I know someone who released their Rottweiler into the woods and that is what people see round here. The thing was the size of a tiger.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Was sitting in my sister's sitting room in 1992 and one of these crawled across the living room floor...

How freaky. I've just splattered a woodlouse spider in the house! Wouldn't have had a clue about what sort of spider it was if I hadn't seen your post from earlier today... horrible thing. The Mrs went ape.
  • Options
    Pepperami hot in a Charlton shirt scuttling through the countryside. Gotta be GH?! It's a bit of an animal :-)
  • Options
    Why oh why did I look at that website whilst in bed last night.
    I hate spiders with a passion and thats all I could think of!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    image.php?AttachmentID=1837

Uncanny:

_42384976_parkinson_pa203.jpg
  • Options
    Loads of parakeets in Sidcup. Had 17 in the tree outside my house last week.

Flock of seagulls flew over the city this morning. What's that all about ?