Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird animals in UK

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]if you read that sentance rather than just showing your awkwardness towards me, you'll actually see that it is seperate from the first line and i was just using innocent examples who are known.

I apologise for my spelling of their names I should have done better with that.

You are obviously not the kind of person to be reasoned with especially seeing as you probably have had a bad experience and you have taken to that badly. I though have had bad experiences my brother was locked up for 20 months for a petty crime, the emergency services both Police and Ambulance reacted too slowly when I phoned them after finding my mother dead after returning home when i was 13 for that I am one of the few that actually wants to stop crime and help improve the police force rather than letting all the crap carry on around me.
    Au contraire. I've never had a single bad experience personally with the Old Bill. I have, however, worked professionally alongside them for a considerable period of my working life, and didn't meet one who could construct a simple sentence, spell anything more than eight letters long with any accuracy or operate even the simplest of electronic devices.

Your personal grievances with the police are your own - that you choose to share them on a public forum is none of my business. What I will say, however, is that if you become a copper who genuinely gives a shit about the people he's supposed to be protecting, you'll be in a distinct minority. Most of the ones I came across were either bullied or bullies at school and getting their revenge on the world/carrying on with their bullying.

Good on yer if you're going into it to make a difference. Sadly, I fear you'll end up like a bloke I used to play cricket with. He was a copper, and used to delight in regaling us with tales of being on the nightshift, getting a call about a house burglary, car theft, mugging or similar in progress and - instead of getting there nice and quick to try and catch the little turd committing said crime, he turned the lights and sirens on three streets away and drove nice and slowly so they wouldn't actually have to confront any criminals.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Luckily I was neither a bully or bullied.

Hopefully I can join that minority you speak of, who are there to change things for the better.
  • Options
    Good luck to you Daz, one of my best mates got fed up being a white van man and joined the police. Best thing he ever did and hasn't changed him a bit, and definately one of the good guys.
  • Options
    Good luck dazzler, my brother has been in the met for 29 years now and still loves his job. He has also run a couple of youth clubs in the peckham and camberwell areas down the years to try and give the local kids something to do other than get involved with crime. Despite all the snide comments from some on here they do a good job that no one else would want to do. There are bad apples in any organisation, but at the end of the day most OB are normal decent people. We've all lied in court when we should not of been up in front of the beak in the first place and wanted to win a case haven't we!

Haven't we?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Good luck to you Daz, one of my best mates got fed up being a white van man and joined the police. Best thing he ever did and hasn't changed him a bit, and definately one of the good guys.

But the less said about his band the better!!
  • Options
    Oi !!
    Whats up with us "White Van Men" then ?
  • Options
    I have to say, the "cat" does move rather like a dog. That said, even if it sat on his head, leroy would deny it ever happened rather than admit he might not be perfect... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I have to say, the "cat" does move rather like a dog. That said, even if it sat on his head, leroy would deny it ever happened rather than admit he might not be perfect... ;-)

Some chance Algarve........our resident 'Mr Angry of Tunbridge Wells' is never gonna do that!
  • Options
    That is a moggy. A big moggy granted. But a moggy none the less.
  • Options
    You cant really want to be a pig, surely.

Don't really understand this comment,Sorry.
    I'm not Pro-police,but if people want to join then fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Thanks Stu and anyone else who wants to question me on this but yeah I do want to be a "pig" (or Police Officer) i want to catch the people who go out with the intention to stab one another.

I was only playing Dazzler man, I have no problem with the police, nor have I had a proper bad experience with them.

Heh, I'm studying for a law degree and will then go on to be a solicitor, I'm sure they have a worse rep than your average pig ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Good luck Daz, I genuinely wish you well, but beaware that there's a reality side to policing that brings out the cynicism in people, sometimes rightly. I've mentioned before that I tried (and partly succeeded) to break up the fight in the Horse & Groom before the Burnley cup tie in 1994 that resulted in a bloodbath, some of it my own. It later transpired that one of the witnesses to this incident was an off-duty police officer, who sat there watched all this unfold in front of him...and did nothing. Someone lost a number of teeth, the landord was knocked unconscious and I lost around half a pint of the crimson stuff, yet he sat on his hands. Ok he'd have been outnumbered, but so was I. That said with scum-bags on the street we need a police force and some idealism and desire to make a difference never goes amiss in any career choice. But I suspect when you are on the inside you'll see things a bit differently, especially in the Met. A good friend of mine is a police sergeant in North Wales's plod, but he says it's not uncommon for trainee policemen to go from North Wales to join the Met, there they get training and some urban policing experience and then transfer home after a few years. This saves NW plod from having to train them. Second hand the stories I hear are of policemen taking bribes because gangsterism is much more organised and better financed in London than North Wales and often policemen are threatened into taking bribes or turning a blind eye, or rookie policemen not being trusted until they've proven themselves in a few street fights - such is anti-police trouble that older hands are reluctant to go out on patrol with the younger cops because if things do turn violent then they want to be sure that their back is being adequately covered. I could go on, it's a dirty job and it's one I'm thankful I don't have to do.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Over here in Richmond, here are loads of paraqueets. Apparently they have a life span of 35 years, with no natural predator (apart from the likes of Goonerhater). They are certainly not fazed by me when I go and wave my arms at them. The point being that, despite having lots of seed for the birds, I have not seen a little bird, sparrow, blue tit, finch etc in my garden for weeks. I suspect the paraqueets and magpies are eating the eggs and maybe the little birds themselves. The birdie story I heard was that after making Treasure Island at Shepperton Studios the paraqeets escaped and surprisingly survived the English winter.
    To support Leroy, (although in reality i do think there are big cats on the prowl) I used to know the son of the Charlton Dr. who told me a great tale about taking the big stuffed cat down, a jaguar I think, from the wall in the golf club at Shooters Hill and making paw prints for the local press to look at. Apparently they only had the right leg so all the paw prints were the same. The press were taken in and the next day it was headlines in the sub-standard.
    'Big cat loose in Shoters Hill Woods' or something like that. Great prank if true!

Not sure when you are referring to re 'Big cat loose in Shoters Hill Woods' but when I was at Christ Church Primary School halfway up Shooters Hill in the early sixties a cheetah was supposed to have escaped and we were not allowed in the field behind the School to play.

The news crews turned up and we were shown on the TV news standing on the playground railings looking suitably anxious and frightened (or not!)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yep i'm even going in as a volunteer to begin with to ensure I am going to be doing what i believe police officers SHOULD be instead of jumping in feet first and finding out i don't like it. Either way i have my heart set on being a Police Investigator (thats) Good or P.I.G

;o)

Back on topic I saw this Big Cat Britain
  • Options
    You are plain daft to try to bribe the average uniformed copper....however the CID is a different matter...they almost expect to be asked....even if they don't want to know...which of course the vast majority don't.
  • Options
    Like most on here Dazzler I would wish you every success in your chosen career and as said there are good and bad in every walk of life, and the OB are still the first ones you phone when the S**t hits the fan, this said I would have slight concerns if I was taking a good hiding and a slightly effeminate (sp) copper with blonde highlights minced up to help me out ; ) ......(thats a very manly wink by the way)
  • Options
    Just as well the highlights are gone then:)
  • Options
    Anyone else find it funny how this thread naturally progressed from Weird animals in the UK to the police force?

Good on you Dazzler, sadly my experience with police isn't the best but there are a lot of decent ones around.
  • Options
    lol i noticed that and tried to drag it back on topic cheers fod
  • Options
    Another big cat story... to please leroy.

panther?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Cheers Curb_It. Always happy to read another nonsenical rambling from Mr Arnold (who, buy my count, has now seen Leopards, Panthers, Lions, the Jabberwocky and the Loch Ness F***ing Monster in the Lower Sydenham area) set up nicely by a reporter from the News Shopper's 'quirky-let's-fill-some-column-inches-next-to-the-harvest-festival-and-church-picnic-pages reporter'.

That cat has clearly been savaged by a dog or (quite likely in a sh*thole like that) the local hoodie pondlife. If a Panther (which, according to Mr Arnold - clearly the world's foremost authority on Imaginary Big Cats Native To The South East London Area - 'kills only to eat, to survive' (as opposed to for territorial dominance, or to protect it's young, or for any number of other reasons unknown to feline behaviourists due to the intensely secretive and nocturnal nature of the Leopard spp.) did that - then why did it leave the best part of the cat's body intact? Perhaps it was disturbed in it's act of maiming a pet cat prior to tucking in. Perhaps Mr Arnold is setting his sights too low? Maybe there is, in fact, more than one Alien Big Cat roaming the dense forests of Penge, Anerley and Norwood! Certainly there's more than enough chance of this to ensure that he gets column inches aplenty over the next few months.

Stay tuned for the next fascinating installment in: The South London Alien Big Cat Saga - Leopards On The Loose In Lewisham!!!

For my money, it was that woman's dog wot dunnit.
  • Options
    What a surprise - he's got a book to sell ;-)
  • Options
    I wonder if he will respond to your comment (in disguise).
  • Options
    The geezer looks like a very 60s influenced fellow.
  • Options
    If lots were released, have bred and only live for 15-16 years. How comes no one has ever found a corpse? Surely with the amount of livestock around and no animal to predate them numbers would increase. Anyone ever haerd Farmers talking about them? Surely they would live in the country and hunt sheep.
  • Options
    Just read this about Mr Arnold

Neil has a fascination with swingin' '60s London, glam rock and psychedelic music, Twin Peaks, Italian football and The Banana Splits. He lives opposite a haunted castle in historic Rochester with his vampire go-go girlfriend Jemma, but spends most of his time in London, purchasing hairspray, eye-liner, and vinyl. Neil believes in monsters more than he does himself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Just read this about Mr Arnold

Neil has a fascination with swingin' '60s London, glam rock and psychedelic music, Twin Peaks, Italian football and The Banana Splits. He lives opposite a haunted castle in historic Rochester with his vampire go-go girlfriend Jemma, but spends most of his time in London, purchasing hairspray, eye-liner, and vinyl. Neil believes in monsters more than he does himself.
    So there you have it. Obviously a man whose word can be trusted. I suppose the funniest thing about all this is that there are people out there who believe all this shit - and will continue to believe it even after the 'authority' on Alien Big Cats in Kent has been exposed as a complete nutnut.
  • Options
    Proboscis Monket, looks like Simon Jordan with tan lines

619px-portrait_of_a_proboscis_monkey.jpg