Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tamur Tuna

Discuss.

Looked lively and made some got runs. Nice little pass with outside of boot to Shelvey. Didn't really see much of the ball otherwise.

Congrats to the lad.

Hope Chris Solly gets a game between now and the end of the season as well.

Comments

• Options
    seemed to be doing all the right moves/runs and stuff, showed some promise.
  • Options
    Agreed, not one to play up front on his own tho surely?

probably better in a front 2 perhaps,

Good luck to the boy
  • Options
    I had to miss the game Saturday, hopefully he'll be involved tomorrow as I should be going.

What sort of striker is he?

Along with Tuna and Solly, it would be nice to see Arter involved, they seem to be considering keeping him now when before it looked like they didn't think he was doing enough.
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad, looked out of his depth to me though, not surprising having only played two ressie games. Not suited to playing up front on his own. Makes loaning Fleets out a bigger mistake than it already was.
  • Options
    looked a fish out of water to me....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Good luck to the lad, looked out of his depth to me though, not surprising having only played two ressie games. Not suited to playing up front on his own. Makes loaning Fleets out a bigger mistake than it already was.

agree another wagstaff but early days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]looked a fish out of water to me....

here we go..... : - 0
  • Options
    is he dolphin friendly ??
  • Options
    I thought in the highlights he swam against the tide a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Good luck to the lad, looked out of his depth to me though, not surprising having only played two ressie games. Not suited to playing up front on his own. Makes loaning Fleets out a bigger mistake than it already was.

He's getting regular games which we couldn't guarantee. It's really not a mistake. If he was that good, he'd have scored more and impressed more than he did for Cheltenham and Brighton surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be nice if he could FINish well.
  • Options
    He's reasonably tall, but pretty slight. Looks pretty quick and showed good touch and awareness at playing people in. It was a really encouraging debut.

One problem that any striker will have for us, is that they are so isolated. They're dealing with two lumpy centre backs on their own and will always struggle. I know our midfielders are our best players at the moment, but I think that one of them has to be sacraficed in order to have a support striker UNLESS we get a proper target man (someone like Jon Parkin) OR really good attacking wingers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

He's getting regular games which we couldn't guarantee. It's really not a mistake. If he was that good, he'd have scored more and impressed more than he did for Cheltenham and Brighton surely?

two struggling teams and Brighton were playing him out wide. I would rather he'd have stayed and been given a chance to show us what he can/can't do so at least we'd know for next season. Another of Parky's failings, not giving our own players a chance.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If he can't do it at either of those clubs, what makes you think he'd have fared any better in a struggling team in the division above?
  • Options
    I thought tuna looked alright. Enthusiastic as you'd expect and had a couple of nice touches. A promising start and hopefully he'll be involved more this year. Sorry for the lack of puns.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]It would be nice if he could FINish well.

He almost hooked it into the net at one point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

two struggling teams and Brighton were playing him out wide. I would rather he'd have stayed and been given a chance to show us what he can/can't do so at least we'd know for next season. Another of Parky's failings, not giving our own players a chance.

Yeah I understand that, but there's a reason he's not been given a chance. And what Chris said.

Dickson showed exactly why it took so long before he started a game. From what I've seen of both of them, Fleetwood is no better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]

What would you give him on SCALE of 1-10 though?
  • Options
    He did slipped once and his first touch let him down once as well.

I blame the brine.
  • Options
    For the life of me I cannot see how anyone could post ANYTHING negative about a 17 year old making his debut. Un fricking believable. Well done Tamur.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]For the life of me I cannot see how anyone could post ANYTHING negative about a 17 year old making his debut. Un fricking believable. Well done Tamur.

He's fair game if you ask me. Especially if he made a pilchard of himself.
  • Options
    I agree SHG this thread is a little Fishy and i'm Sure a lot of these people weren't there to give it all the rainbow trout
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]

What would you give him on SCALE of 1-10 though?

I think he'd get a ten against the Gills.
  • Options
    Missed you Adam !
  • Options
    Brighton have got a defender called Kerry MAYO, and last season had Gary BUTTERS.

They might have had him in a Tuna sandwich?
  • Options
    Tuna could have been caught with a bad tackle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Brighton have got a defender called Kerry MAYO, and last season had Gary BUTTERS.

thats as good as years ago on charlton live when someone said we were arfter stewart slater from southampton then our back three would be Roofers, Tilers and slaters...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Brighton have got a defender called Kerry MAYO, and last season had Gary BUTTERS.

thats as good as years ago on charlton live when someone said we were arfter stewart slater from southampton then our back three would be Roofers, Tilers and slaters...

Now they're all w*nkers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]

Now they're all w*nkers!

LOL