Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Final push for the petition

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
After last night it seems that there is a big swing in favour of Parky moving along quietly.

Yes, many have argued against the validity of petitions, but there is a history of many succesful ones.

So as a final plea, please sign the petition which has 103 genuine and confirmed signatures and add your voice.

I will forward it to Charlton on Sunday.

Link is
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/newmanagementteam_charlton/index.html

Comments

• Options
    oh please bog off..
  • Options
    I won't sign the petition.

1. Because i don't think it is necessary. I think it is clear Parkinson won't be here.

2. I refuse to back an 'anti' campaign originated by someone who has seen just 1 game this season. Nothing against you personally because i don't know you, but trying to orchestrate sackings etc when you've seen a grand total of 90 minutes football over a season just doesn't seem right to me.
  • Options
    not only that you have flogged this so far to death its unreal, and a joke anyway
  • Options
    "1. Because i don't think it is necessary. I think it is clear Parkinson won't be here. "

Really ? I don't think that's been made clear at all. How have you come across this clarity ?

“2. I refuse to back an 'anti' campaign originated by someone who has seen just 1 game this season”

I’m pretty sure all Charlton fans are entitled to their opinion on this site whether they are from Deptford or Denmark. I know Charlton fans who have seen every game this season and still have bad judgment.

I think it’s a good, pro-active idea, much better than protests in car parks. The only aspect which is a bit off is having a petition to get a man sacked, but then again, when you are in the public eye you are subject to public scrutiny and what’s the difference between this and singing “parky out” last night ?
  • Options
    103 is a bit of an embarrasment really isnt it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]"1. Because i don't think it is necessary. I think it is clear Parkinson won't be here. "

Really ? I don't think that's been made clear at all. How have you come across this clarity ?

That's what I was thinking, I don't think it's clear at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok, we shall see. But i am confident Parkinson will not be here for the start of next season.

You have seen a big change in his mannerisms in the last couple of games. He has also point blank refused to discuss his future, the length of his contract etc I actually think he has been quite gentlemanly about the whole thing and believe he has shown a fair degree of dignity.

I'm also confident that the board now know full well that starting on anything other than a positive footing for next season will be suicide with an already disenfranchised fanbase. If our fine win again Coventry on the last day of last season sold a few extra STs, then the capitulation of the last two home games has had the opposite effect.

As said in my Blog article, its time for change. And Parkinson will most certainly not be one who survives.

So with that in mind, i won't be joining no Parky Out stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well put AFKA. Agree that Parky hasn't wound me up nowhere near as much as Pardew, he has acted with dignity but is simply not good enough.

In saying that I was behind Pardew for almost the whole time until the bitter end, and it was his talk more than what happened on the pitch that finally got to me. The opposite is true for Parky.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    Didnt you only have 103 when you mentioned this yesterday? Obviously last nights game didnt have that much effect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting to see that AFKA is confident Parky won't be around.

I, like nearly everyone else, think he has to go but wasn't sure the board will have the gumption to act. Let's hope you're right AFKA.
  • Options
    I just hope that you are right AFKA, I really do and I enjoyed your blog article.

TelinOz, 103 concerned fans is not a joke.

razil, flogged yes, to death no. Parkinson's stock is falling faster than a piano out of a window where his managerial reputation will lie in peices. I don't think this is who should be managing our club.

Finally, a petition is simply a medium for people to collectively share an oppinion. With the raft of anti Parkinson feeling rife, please respect the 104 signees right to express their views and if you don'tr agree Parkinson should be dismissed, don't sign - quite simple really.
  • Options
    woooooooo! I have 3 already in your face!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
  • Options
  • Options
    ha ha ha Great picture anyone would think you were adamtheaddick
  • Options
    you have flogged this to death and the response to a petition has been a joke, now please give it a rest, the board I am sure are well aware of fan feeling on the subject - they only have to cast a glance on here - such things (petitions) just aren't the Charlton way in my opinion anyway.
  • Options
    2 Bill Shankley Phillip is a top manager I think he should stay. - Mentalist!
  • Options
    Clues as to why your petition isn't needed.

'We've got two games to go and I'm sure after that there will be a review of the season. I don't want to discuss my own personal position.” = Parky quote

Made manager until end of season when clearly he shouldn't have been. (so what was really going on behind the scenes?)
    Doesn't get involved on the sidelines anymore.
    Doesn't play the youngsters so that he can sort out a team for next season.
    Stopped talking about who he wants to play next season.
    Dire results, club in free fall.
    Fans deserting in droves.

Parky's gone IMO as well so I won't be adding my name to a rather unsuccessful and dubious petition.
  • Options
    "Parky's gone IMO" - that's exactly it, he's only gone in your opinion. He needs to be gone full stop, i.e. in Richard Murray's opinion.

"Dire results, club in free fall.
    Fans deserting in droves."

These are surely all reasons to sign the petition - why leave it to chance ? Show the club how you feel, it doesn't matter if 1, 100 or 10,000 other people have signed it, it's about having your say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the people who signed this petition are so serious about it, why are most of them Anonymous?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]If the people who signed this petition are so serious about it, why are most of them Anonymous?

I have all the names and these will be in the petition for presentation together with email address, it is just that they do not wish to have them displayed publicly online.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ok, we shall see. But i am confident Parkinson will not be here for the start of next season.

You have seen a big change in his mannerisms in the last couple of games. He has also point blank refused to discuss his future, the length of his contract etc I actually think he has been quite gentlemanly about the whole thing and believe he has shown a fair degree of dignity.

I'm also confident that the board now know full well that starting on anything other than a positive footing for next season will be suicide with an already disenfranchised fanbase. If our fine win again Coventry on the last day of last season sold a few extra STs, then the capitulation of the last two home games has had the opposite effect.

As said in myBlog article, its time for change. And Parkinson will most certainly not be one who survives.

So with that in mind, i won't be joining no Parky Out stuff.

I think you are bang on the money regarding mannerisms AFKA, I was watching him last night, or should I say trying too, Kins seemed to be in the technical area more than Parky, shouting and barking orders, Parky looked like a man that was going through the motions and trying to save face.
  • Options
    he is talking in the press about the squad next year so his behaviour is not all fitting the deadman walking theory entirely, he also seems to be out for wins by not playing youth which would also contradict this.

Perhaps he is just not too hopeful about the review, not being able to win football matches after all doesn't look good however you dress it up, so perhaps the decision really is still to be made either way.
  • Options
    Petition rivalry hits off as i get a JonJo Shelvey 7 now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]If the people who signed this petition are so serious about it, why are most of them Anonymous?

I have all the names and these will be in the petition for presentation together with email address, it is just that they do not wish to have them displayed publicly online.

well i have asked previously but what email address do you have for brenda smith because i didnt sign it and i will be well pissed off if someone i know has put my email address down. thought it funny at first but dont now.
  • Options
    I've just read through their comments on the 606 board about this petition..... except it's not about the petition, its about Charlton Life and how much they dont like it/us! I have no idea who Nick Gray is but he writes like a bitter man with no mates. Charlton Life clique? maybe a little but a vote on here got more responses in 24 hours than this petition has in 3 weeks and most of them are clearly bogus.
  • Options
    Having read most of the threads and comments about Parky I must admit to being surprised that people think he WON'T be here next season.

After the mess the board have made of hiring and firing - and the success of keeping a manager for 15 years - I don't think they'll give PP the boot.

Not sure what I want them to do tbh - just glad I don't have to make the decision!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] when you've seen a grand total of 90 minutes football over a season just doesn't seem right to me.

To be fair, i've been to most games this season and i'm yet to see 90 minutes of Football involving Charlton!
  • Options
    I would have thought that the row upon row of empty seats last night would send a clearer message to the Board than any petition ever could.