Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saints docked 10 points and are relegated!!!

just announced

Comments

• Options
    The right decision has been made as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]The right decision has been made as far as i'm concerned.
    Surely they should be punished next season?
  • Options
    Where is this from?
  • Options
    good relegate the scumbags
  • Options
    They will get deducted ten points next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]The right decision has been made as far as i'm concerned.
    Depends on whether they stay up or not.
  • Options
    just watching SSN, the 10 points will apply next season assuming they don't finish outside the bottom 3 this season.....talksport jumped the gun a bit !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Where is this from?

On SSN right now
  • Options
    Yeah we are still bottom, only applies at end of season!!

We need to pray that they do get relegated and it gets implemented next season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Where is this from?

Someone rang me and said it was on Talk B*ll*cks. How are Norwich and Barnsleys finances?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Yeah we are still bottom, only applies at end of season!!

We need to pray that they do get relegated and it gets implemented next season[/quote]

Exactly !!!
  • Options
    Is it on the OS yet?
  • Options
    If they get out of trouble though and survive (i.e. Barnsley and Norwich in 22nd/23rd) it will get applied this season.
  • Options
    shurely the 10 points will be carried over to next season now as Saints were all but down anyway?
  • Options
    They are relegated. If they get enough points to stay up (Forget the ten points for now), Then they will get dedcuted ten points, so relegating them.

If they get relegated regardless of the ten points deduction, they will start next season on minus 10, because they missed the March 4th deadline.

All the above according to SSN.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Yeah we are still bottom, only applies at end of season!!

We need to pray that they do get relegated and it gets implemented next season

Probably as well that it does. If we climbed off the bottom too quickly, it would be presented as further evidence of "improvement"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]They are relegated. If they get enough points to stay up (Forget the ten points for now), Then they will get dedcuted ten points, so relegating them.

If they get relegated regardless of the ten points deduction, they will start next season on minus 10, because they missed the March 4th deadline.

All the above according to SSN.
    This.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    I take it you've stopped looking at the championship table!
  • Options
    That is a result, a bit of compo for the promotion spot possibly next season.
  • Options
    lmao at this. Poor Saints!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Barnsley and Norwich go in to adminastration we still need snookers.
  • Options
    They can still finish 21st though. If that happened the punishment would apply this season.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]just watching SSN, the 10 points will apply next season assuming they don't finish outside the bottom 3 this season.....talksport jumped the gun a bit !

Cheers.

Just checked Southern Daily Echo and it says

"SAINTS' relegation has been confirmed in the last few minutes, after the Football League decided to impose a ten-point deduction on the club.

The League have released a statement, which said they could find no distinction between the club and its parent company, Southampton Leisure Holdings.

As a result, Saints will be deducted ten points at the end of this season if they finish outside the drop zone.

If they finish in the bottom three they will start next season on minus-ten points in League One"

I thought that the League would refuse to accept the trick of the holding Co. Well done to the League. They have taken a tough stance and not allowed Saints to dodge the punishment.

I am feeling particularly pleased for the adult Saints fan who thought banging on a coach window and screaming at a 10 year old was a demonstration of how hard he is. Hope you are feeling sick to your yellow guts right now you F******* T***

For the vast majority of decent Saints fans, feel for you. There but for the Grace of Murray, Chappell, Hatter, et al
  • Options
    So whatever happens, they are down regardless now.
  • Options
    They can still finish 21st though. If that happened the punishment would apply this season.
    £10* they don't finish 21st?

* feel free to raise me.
  • Options
    From the BBC:

Southampton will be relegated from the Championship after being docked 10 points by the Football League.

The penalty comes after the club's parent company went into administration in recent weeks.

Southampton are currently four points off safety with two games to go and will be deducted 10 points if they beat the drop.

If they do not avoid finishing in the bottom three then the points penalty will take effect next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]So whatever happens, they are down regardless now.
    Yeah.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]That is a result, a bit of compo for the promotion spot possibly next season.

I was thinking more the other way , we have a better chance of staying up next season
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8014811.stm

here's hoping they get relegated properly this season so we get a 10-point headstart over them next season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FatterThanAndyReid[/cite]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8014811.stm

here's hoping they get relegated properly this season so we get a 10-point headstart over them next season!
    Could be more, the loophole thing may have round up the FA!