Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saints docked 10 points and are relegated!!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: FatterThanAndyReid[/cite]here's hoping they get relegated properly this season so we get a 10-point headstart over them next season!

4 wins only, when did we last go 4 wins on the bounce..
  • Options
    Could be more depending on how they come OUT of Administration which what hit Leeds and, I think, Rotherham with 17 points. Need to check on that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]That is a result, a bit of compo for the promotion spot possibly next season.

I was thinking more the other way , we have a better chance of staying up next season

I really hope not, I can take two relegations in quick succession, three will be a bit much.
  • Options
    get in starting next season minus 10 wahey!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If they get out of trouble though and survive (i.e. Barnsley and Norwich in 22nd/23rd) it will get applied this season.

So we could go into the last game of the season where the best result for Charlton is for us to LOSE (Norwich stay up Soton get the deduction next year). I'm already missing the game for a wedding I'm glad I don't have to watch that.
  • Options
    Good point there sygonrima
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If they get out of trouble though and survive (i.e. Barnsley and Norwich in 22nd/23rd) it will get applied this season.

So we could go into the last game of the season where the best result for Charlton is for us to LOSE (Norwich stay up Soton get the deduction next year). I'm already missing the game for a wedding I'm glad I don't have to watch that.

Well spotted Sygonrima. Very interesting if that happens. I wonder if anyone at the Football League/FA has worked that out yet.

Now, Phil what were you saying about giving Solly, Mambo, Toks, Tuna, Clark and a few others a game v Norwich? Good idea, Parky.
  • Options
    so we will definitely not be bottom of div 3 for at least the first 3 games ;o)
  • Options
    Ringing around Pride Park from 3pm Saturday will be

Were coming back as f*****g champions
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]So we could go into the last game of the season where the best result for Charlton is for us to LOSE (Norwich stay up Soton get the deduction next year). I'm already missing the game for a wedding I'm glad I don't have to watch that.

Not one for rumours, but i've heard from a good source the Geordie Smiler will be playing in goal that game !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Ringing around Pride Park from 3pm Saturday will be

Chrissy Powell
    Chrissy Powell
    Chrissy Powell
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Not one for rumours, but i've heard from a good source the Geordie Smiler will be playing in goal that game !!

LOL
  • Options
    this could be a result for us. Southampton are appealing against the decision though, so it's not a done deal.
  • Options
    Can i just make a point here please

I dont like the scummy elemant of the Southampton faithful and any club that goes into Admin deserves the deduction,

But i couldnt give 2 fuks if they get it this year or next if we are going to win the league next year (I dont think we will) then i would rather we done it on merit than another team being deducted points from this year.

I want to win the thing because we are the best team in the league

good luck to them as i reckon a lot of their players will be off now
  • Options
    wouldn't wish it on any geneunine non glory boy club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

At least he'll be earning his £20k pw for once ; - )
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    We are going to have to really give 100% lack of effort to finish bottom of the league now.
    I'm sure we can do it though, it's not beyond us.

We have striven all season to finish bottom, and to think we could be cheated at the 11th hour.

;o)
  • Options
    I'm with you Oggy, we've worked hard to get in this position and now some upstart thinks they can usurp us just by getting the support of the Football League ... we demand our bottom place back!
  • Options
    18 Derby 44 -11 51
    19 Plymouth 44 -12 50
    20 Nottm Forest 44 -17 49
    21 Barnsley 44 -14 48
    22 Norwich 44 -9 46
    23 Southampton 44 -21 44
    24 Charlton 44 -23 36

Derby vs Charlton
    QPR vs Plymouth
    Blackpool vs Forest
    Barnsley vs Wolves
    Norwich vs Reading
    Saints vs Burnley

Watford vs Derby
    Plymouth vs Barnsley
    Forest vs Saints
    Charlton vs Norwich

I had thought southampton were pretty much down already, but looking at the fixtures it's not over. They could get out of the relegation zone and take the penalty this year.

If they win this weekend and forest only get a point, they might be able to do it on goal difference by beating forest final day, a long as norwich or barnsley don't pick up too many points.

Forget the premier league, the championship is where the real excitement is! And i heard that as you move down the leagues they only get more exciting. ;0)
  • Options
    I had thought southampton were pretty much down already, but looking at the fixtures it's not over. They could get out of the relegation zone and take the penalty this year.

And still finish above us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.
  • Options
    I'm with Oggy on this.

The bottom place is ours by right. We've done sweet fa to deserve 2nd place
  • Options
    Still, the current bottom 6 all play eachother on the last day.
    If only we all had something to play for, it would be a cracker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Still, the current bottom 6 all play eachother on the last day.
    If only we all had something to play for, it would be a cracker

That is actually an amazing coincidence! Conspiracy theories will abound ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]18 Derby 44 -11 51
    19 Plymouth 44 -12 50
    20 Nottm Forest 44 -17 49
    21 Barnsley 44 -14 48
    22 Norwich 44 -9 46
    23 Southampton 44 -21 44
    24 Charlton 44 -23 36

shite though Derby were home and dry they will be looking for a win on saturday.. and get one ;-)
  • Options
    Agreed there, Mr One Lung (surely you are a Chinaman and your name is really spelled Wun Lung ....?)

;o)

Remember, that day when we sent the Palace down ..... and Jonny Fortune was given the Freedom of the City of West Bromwich ?
    lol

Norwich only needed a point to stay up, Palace neede to win, as did West Brom with by far the worst goal difference of the lot

Palace played us and ...... didn't win (just to remind lurking Nigelly persons) ;o)
    Norwich went to Foolham and lost 0-6
    West Brom played Pompey and won 2-0

And with the Championship fixture list this season on that final day, it was all set up for us to claim a 93rd minute winner
    and complete the Great Escape.

I just didn't take into account Parky and the team, lol

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Can i just make a point here please

I dont like the scummy elemant of the Southampton faithful and any club that goes into Admin deserves the deduction,

But i couldnt give 2 fuks if they get it this year or next if we are going to win the league next year (I dont think we will) then i would rather we done it on merit than another team being deducted points from this year.

I want to win the thing because we are the best team in the league

good luck to them as i reckon a lot of their players will be off now
    I came here to say just that, but NLA has done it already I think we're better than hoping that we could win the league "in court".
  • Options
    see your points about winning it on our own merits and I hope we do but...

Saints starting on - 10 helps us in other ways not just the obvious.

Saints are likely to be competing to sign the same type and level of players in the summer. CCC and Div 1 players on frees who are based in the SE of England. If they are already docked ten points it might just make us more attractive.

The deduction may mean some of their current good players jumping ship so again helping us.

The league not accepting Soton's dodge means that they still have to come out of administration as a FC. They are, IMHO, less attractive if they have to lose players or other assets such as St Mary's so again might give us a slight edge.

And as we saw with Leeds if they don't come out of Admin in the way that the FL accept that can lose even more points.

Kick a man while he is down I say.
  • Options
    And to be fair to our own Directors they have injected some 'working capital' to ensure we wont go into Admin albeit in exchange for property (exc Chappell)!!!

Well not yet anyway.

Level playing field and all that.
  • Options
    on a side issue, southapmton are obviously being penalised for their holding company going into administration.

wasn't it West Ham's holding company (Hansa) that went into administration earlier this season but they got away with it.

correct me if I'm wrong please, it's fair to say I don't fully understand the ins & outs of this financial stuff.. but this seems to be like a classic case of inconsistent punishments. & someone (trevor brooking) smiling down on west ham again.