Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saints docked 10 points and are relegated!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Nicely put, Stu.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]If we followed suit how many of those welcoming Saints demise, would start wailing about the gross unfairness of it all? come on, honestly...

The rule has to be there though because teams like Leicester and Luton have played the administration game in order to get rid of debts that they'd merrily racked up. It's sad that the fans suffer from poor management, but then again they do anyway. We've had 4 cack managers and countless useless players foisted on us, which is kind of the same thing.

You're right there i think, but what the peanutman said about the damage that the money in the game through Sky and the Premiership is doing is a big part of it too.

I'm glad that the FA have docked southampton points not because i have any problem with saints, just because i don't want them to have an unfair advantage over us next year and because the rules are there for good reason (like you describe morts) . There have been plenty of clubs that have been managed badly and i always think it's a cop-out to say the fans don't deserve this so it shouldn't happen. But despite everything it's difficult to ignore that this will keep happening to clubs as long as money is divided as unfairly as it is at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Nicely put, Stu.

Why thank you, sadly milling around on Charlton Life is far, far more entertaining than my work on the British Constitution, which I've managed to put off for hours now :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Nicely put, Stu.

Why thank you, sadly milling around on Charlton Life is far, far more entertaining than my work on the British Constitution, which I've managed to put off for hours now :)

Much more fun than calling customers, agreed.

;o)
  • Options
    "Three ships have left Southampton and never returned: the Titanic, the Premiership and now the Championship"
  • Options
    They got mathematically relegated to day so will definitely start next season with minus points.
  • Options
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
  • Options
    Are there anyother third rier clubs that are close to administration?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]They got mathematically relegated to day so will definitely start next season with minus points.
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

at least they do not have the worry of where they are going to be in the first few weeks of the league table
  • Options
    Wel,asmy wife said, we won't be bottom for a few games at least
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like they could be in more trouble than we thought.

Going bust
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Sounds like they could be in more trouble than we thought.

Going bust
    Not good.
  • Options
    They will get saved, there are two consortiums trying to tie up a deal by all accounts and this article smacks of please feel sorry for us and let us the points and other possible sanctions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Sounds like they could be in more trouble than we thought.

Going bust
    What do you do when your club needs all the money it can get?

Throw things at the away fans and get the club fined! Some (vast minority) of their fans don't deserve a club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

Going bust
    What do you do when your club needs all the money it can get?

Throw things at the away fans and get the club fined! Some (vast minority) of their fans don't deserve a club.

a very very good point.

Not the time to be acting like a Neanderthal!
  • Options
    Your club's about to go to the wall so what should you do?
    Grab the nearest "thing" and throw it at the away fans!
    It is all Ipswich Towns fault that Southampton got in this Pickle!! What a bunch of bell ends.