Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This isnt good....

Comments

• Options
    what would've cost the club more?
    asking 400 s/t holders to move for one game and giving norwich of blocks A&B of the east (and the segregation that involves)?
    or having to potentialy steward a number of simultaneous 'incidents' in every stand in the ground if when norwich score.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]There are a number of very frustrated fans in the ground. Some of these will no doubt object to any away fans in home seats. I will be happy to be proved wrong, but this sounds like trouble brewing

I suppose worse scenario is Barnsley losing by a stretch and Norwich up on us and they start winding us up....going down...blah, blah. Does seem like they should have just moved some season ticket holders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]AFKA i agree to a % but think on this.

We have had a bucket full of shit this year/last year/ and the year before, so Norwich stuff us (3 v0)and stay up and the guys in front of you are Narwich and start leaping about
    sorry fella they may be a nice club (what ever that means) but that aint on.

any carrot munchers in the que when i get my tickets Thursday may find their tractors on fire later

but we're already down, and according to some, people will have left by the 85th minute, some won't leave the pub at 1pm, could it really bother us that much if they come down with us or stay up?

if there are any near me, i'll have banter andpat them on the back for supporting their club when they need them and congratulating them on staying up, if they manage it.

Blimey, you might as well stick a Norwich shirt on and go and sit in east stand block A!!
    If they beat us and stay up, i for one shall be thoroughly peed off. I hope we stuff them and their 4/5/6k fans who are allegedly going to take over our ground go home depressed cos that's how i've felt leaving the Valley on most occasions this season.

not really, i just clearly don't have as much anger in me as some people. I hope we beat them and send them down, but I wouldn't rub it in their faces. They're just fans that want to see a match, I'm sure plenty of people have sat in opposition territory for matches. I think its sad fans can't all sit together and enjoy the game for what it is, a game.

its our last game of the season, we're already going down (it'd be different if something was riding on it) lets just try to enjoy it and don't take our frustrations out on random norwich fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think everyone needs to calm a little on this.

Its not Millwall, or Palace, its Norwich.

A decent, club, with decent support, very similar in its make up to us.

Lets not turn this into something its not. If there are a few carrot crunchers around the place, then there hardly going to be ganging up and giving it the large. They're not silly, they wouldn't go to those efforts just to be either thrown out or worse.

If the tables were reversed then i'm sure plenty of us would be doing what we could to get tickets.

Guys we did it at twertum (sorry about the spelling) park against Brissle Rovers (as we were reminicing about on the CLIT )

I hope for thier sakes they have an easier ride than we did but i think AFKA has hit the nail on the head, if anyones takes their frustration out on a canary then unless they have seriously provoked you then shame on you let them have their day if they score

i think we will win it any how and i reckon Barnsley will get what they need so just console each other and look 4wd to a third division tour
  • Options
    What AKFA said. Norwich are decent fans similar to us. Most will go incognito...because they will not want to be slung out of the ground by stewards when/if they score. Given the same situation I would be sitting quietly in the Cannaries stand trying not to smile if we scored. I would sing a different tune if it were Millwall.
  • Options
    With the exception of some major college sporting events, segregated seating is a foreign concept in the states. Of course, one of the reasons why it has not been deemed necessary is the travel often involved limits the number of away fans.

But in the UK, segregated crowds is part of the sports culture. And any changes in that may result in some trouble.

I don't see it as an issue UNLESS some away supporters forget their place, literally and figuratively, and start giving it large in areas where they are taking their own safety into their own hands. If they want to watch a game, enjoy it, and respect the home fans section, it shouldn't be much of an issue. Hopefully!
  • Options
    then lets not have segregation at all lets all sit together and f**kin hug each other !!

we are down so it dsnt matter ????????? why f**kin go then ?

Suzzi your a better person than me mate, as far as im concerned i dont want see / hear any narwich in the home sections. I see no differance re Millwall or Norwich --- they shouldnt be in the home sections end of ! if it all goes very wrong and kicks off then the club must take some blame--- if we know they are going to be there and they are boasting of it on the web sites then the club has to get in fast and sling em out.
  • Options
    I'm with AFKA on this one.

We would do the same and they are a decent club with alright fans, so let them have their day.

Of course, if any do start giving it the big 'un then they only have themselves to blame for the consequences.

Hopefully, none of this will turn out to be a problem - lets face we are probably just going to end up with 2 sets of pissed off fans contemplating a 3rd division tour next season...and trying desperately to find a silver lining!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]then lets not have segregation at all lets all sit together and f**kin hug each other !!

we are down so it dsnt matter ????????? why f**kin go then ?

Suzzi your a better person than me mate, as far as im concerned i dont want see / hear any narwich in the home sections. I see no differance re Millwall or Norwich --- they shouldnt be in the home sections end of ! if it all goes very wrong and kicks off then the club must take some blame--- if we know they are going to be there and they are boasting of it on the web sites then the club has to get in fast and sling em out.

see now when you put it like that i am now in agreement with you and i think there lies a real issue

what if it does go wrong what if people do have a scrap

you could put off Kids from going to footie

when we did it at Brissle i never thought of it like that we went mad when nelse scored only for it to be given offside and then Booom off it went in 3 corners of the ground outside, inside , Cars upside down

court cases months later

i am going to change my mind i think the club should act strongly if any away fans are found in the home end for the safety aspect alone trying to think what i would do if there was narwich next too me in the nth upper and when they score (cos they will we are that shit) who started whooping and cheering and jumping up and down, would i react i proberly would
  • Options
    Those are good points, NLA.

I may just be being naive about the whole thing :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You could ask him/her about your cucumbers before throwing of the top tier, them being agricultual type folk ;)
  • Options
    As were all giving our tickets to the city fans and making them feel as welcome as possible, i thought it would also be nice to have a whip round, lets say £20 in the pot each? And that way we could give them all a good drink aswell, i mean who care's about the result, were down, and id hate to spoil their day by bringing them down with us!?
    We could dig out our old yellow away kits also and make it "operation canary" or something like that, wot do we say chaps, are you up for it?
  • Options
    All away fans should be in the south stand only, any away fans in ANY OTHER part of the ground should be thrown out, couldn't bloody well care less if we are relegated, all this crap about we're relegated so it doesn't matter and it's only norwich is not on.
  • Options
    Let em in. Thay can sit near me if they want - might even keep me awake.

If the tables were turned I'd be in theirs.
  • Options
    i dont blame them and would do the same but dont like it

so will smash there skulls in ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't have a problem with the principle of Norwich fans sitting in home areas. I know hundreds of Norwich supporters, indeed several of my close friends here are mad Canary fans. I would have no problem in taking any of them as a guest much as I'd rather sit amongst my fellow Addicks.

There is though the worry that things will kick off. Just wishing it wont, whilst a perfectly decent and honourable position isn't necessarily what may happen, even if all of us on here are perfectly courteous to anyone who has a faint whiff of carrot about them.

I'll trust the club to do whatever is best on the day.
  • Options
    All this could have been avoided if the club had followed Larg's advice earlier this week and sorted it out beforehand.

The club could have kindly asked fans in A block to move (just this once) to somewhere else in tyhe ground.........feck me last week there were around 10,000 empty seats. An inducement of a £10 voucher to use in the club shop of a similar saving on next years season tickets would help.

A block of the east doesn't have many ST holders in any case and tickets in there are often given away free to schools just to fill it up.

We club has fecked up on this one big time..............it wasn't like that in Perter varneys day !
  • Options
    Perhaps we should just sing our hearts out, cheer the lads on like never before this season ( OK - imagine Norwich are Palace ! ) & totally drown out the opposition voices. And thereby create such a great atmosphere to motivate ( and surprise! ) our boys that Rob will keep a clean sheet and our strikers (?) will put several past that nice Mr Gunn.

He is still in goal, isn't he ?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Let em in. Thay can sit near me if they want - might even keep me awake.

If the tables were turned I'd be in theirs.

I'm past caring - I'd rather not have Norwich down there with us in the third division; they've sold 17,000 STs already, have a manager they all love, they'll be dead certs to go back up. Barnsley will go down and stay down. We've both been complete shit this season, no-one's got any bragging rights over anything at all, and I won't take any satisfaction in sending them down.

So long as they shut up and don't take the piss, I couldn't give a toss if there's Norwich fans near me. At least they're proper fans, unlike the Man Utd idiots that plagued us whenever we played them at The Valley (I can still picture the smug grin of the tosser in the Man U away kit near my old East Stand seat, the closest a weed like me has ever come to thumping someone over a football match).

Anyway, I saw a bloke with a Blackpool scarf on in the north upper the other week...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]You could ask him/her about your cucumbers before throwing of the top tier, them being agricultual type folk ;)

LMFAO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know for a fact (coz i'm staring at 2 at the moment) that the club have sent out a lot of comp tickets for block A. so don't worry i'm gonna sit in the east for a change. I'll keep an eye on things!
  • Options
    I'm actually not very happy about it. I've never been involved in any hassle of any kind and enjoy banter etc. If we go down together, then there's no probs. But if results do go Norwich's way, their fans are bound to go wild. I really don't think I could stomach having them around me celebrating. It's been a long sickening season, I just want to be with other Charlton supporters who are feeling the same way and not having my nose rubbed in it.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2009
    I dont have an issue with them in our ends, I've done it at a few gorunds, the key to all this is if they start larging it if they score or it looks like they are staying up and giving it to all around them, and who can blame them, I certainly would at Carrow Road if it were us, thats when problems could & will start IMO.
    If we were safe this season, I would prefer Barnsley to go down, now we are not, I would rather we had an away game in Norwich than Yorkshire, but I wont lose sleep if they do stay up.

I promise to behave...honest
  • Options
    if it was us away and in similar circumstances,i would like to think we would be all over the away sections,a little bit like when we went to bristol rovers looking to get a result to get into the play offs. i don't really have any problem with norwich and in fact,good luck to them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]if it was us away and in similar circumstances,i would like to think we would be all over the away sections,a little bit like when we went to bristol rovers looking to get a result to get into the play offs. i don't really have any problem with norwich and in fact,good luck to them.

There were loads of Charlton in the Rovers home end, and it kicked off.
  • Options
    Ok what if they try to rush the pitch after the game and ruin our pitch invasion they'll be coming from 3 different stands!

- Also after some thought a pitch invasion now is pointless! We are not staying up this win is not important and i dont fancy being banned for life!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]if it was us away and in similar circumstances,i would like to think we would be all over the away sections,a little bit like when we went to bristol rovers looking to get a result to get into the play offs. i don't really have any problem with norwich and in fact,good luck to them.

and it wouldn't stop them the next time.we would always try to lift available tickets wherever they where for such important games. leicester brought a million fans over to upton park too and yet....
  • Options
    We are taking the sheep troubling dill weeds down with us to League 1 HA HA HA!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

and it wouldn't stop them the next time.we would always try to lift available tickets wherever they where for such important games. leicester brought a million fans over to upton park too and yet....

I remember the Leicester game, "David Whyte Whyte Whyte"
  • Options
    good luck to norwich , prefer them to stay up than barnsley , imo more of a threat to our promotion chances(lol) next year than barnsley....
    pretty sure most on here have been in opposition home ends and some have been able to be in control of their emotions and some haven't and i'm sure that'll be the case with norwich and if they were to nick a last minute winner to stay up good luck to em but if barnsley nick a last minute goal i'm sure we'll have fans laughing at them for their misfortune(when we are the biggest joke in football at the moment imo) , at least our joke team had the decency to get relegated a few games ago