Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This isnt good....

Comments

• Options
    Palace have got a similar thing happening Sunday, with Shef Utd. They have done as others have suggested on here, and moved season ticket holders to other parts of the ground, and given them the entire stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Palace have got a similar thing happening Sunday, with Shef Utd. They have done as others have suggested on here, and moved season ticket holders to other parts of the ground, and given them the entire stand.

Wow, your the best.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Palace have got a similar thing happening Sunday, with Shef Utd. They have done as others have suggested on here, and moved season ticket holders to other parts of the ground, and given them the entire stand.

by far the most sensible course of action.
  • Options

If you are happy seeing thousands of away fans celebrating in your ground, then fair enough ... doesn't work for me ... not that I expect Norwich to be celebrating but the point remains.
  • Options
    share the love
  • Options
    i'm sure palace wont be happy with thousands of fans celebrating at their ground , (although they might have enjoyed it when kitson got the winner for us in CURBS' glory years ;-)but if its gonna earn em a fair few quid and risk the reduction of agro between fans then it really is the only sensible option to take , if feasible , obviously it wasn't considered feasible by the charlton powers that be and they may be right cos we might have a touchy group of fans who might think moving them from their seat for one game would be a good enough reason not to get a season ticket!!
  • Options
    we would have brought a paltry 1500 if we were in there boat at carrow road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we would have brought a paltry 1500 if we were in there boat at carrow road.

Not sure, didn't we bring 4000 to Port Vale that season we went up via the play offs, Super Clive 1-0 special?
  • Options
    freebie.we love a freebie and silly hats
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we would have brought a paltry 1500 if we were in there boat at carrow road.

just for you nolly 23 home and away games this season and every club brought more away fans to us than we took to them..... not forgetting in the cup when norwich brought 3171to us and we took 415 to them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about Derby? :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    so what.
  • Options
    we clap well though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]What about Derby? :-)

Yep paltry 619 completely outsang all of the 30900 odd that they had!
  • Options
    To be fair I'm not sure where I sit on this. Do I think if the roles were reversed I'd be doing everything I can to be at the game...YES. Do I think I'd be in the right...NO
    Many valid points but I think the one that should be noted most is the fact it could seriously affect the enjoyment of younger supporters. If you're a young child and trouble occurs very close to you in the home end it can only have a detrimental affect on that childs enjoyment of the game and ultimately could swing a decision by their parent on renewing next season.
    Like I say, would I practice what I preach probably not. I'd be in Carrow Road anywhere, anyhow...
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers away brings back some memorys!!

I remember a fella called Andy dishing out home terracing tickets the week before at a reserve game at park view road!

I will alway remember the last moving magazine that season of the highlights of the bristol rovers game when in one minute the section between the home and away fans was empty then straight after the disalowed goal its packed full of charlton who had infaltrated the home section next to us!!

Outside after the game is another story...........Had a cracking weekend in Gloucester though!
  • Options
    Are they breaking the law by sitting in home sections? No I dont think so. Like others have said I would do the same and sit in the home sections at an away game. I wouldnt be happy if they started getting up and openly supporting their team. Club should have just moved a handfull of CAFC supporters out of the end two blocks and gave them some kind of discount for next season. Now the only option is to round up the Norwich that do have tickets in our sections and put them in that end block where they can be looked after. There wouldnt have been many cafc fans that would have tickets in that section as it allways looks empty. All we have now is if Norwich fans make themselves known/heard in our sections trouble will occur with banning orders handed out when the club could have avoided this, and imo still can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Are they breaking the law by sitting in home sections? No I dont think so. Like others have said I would do the same and sit in the home sections at an away game. I wouldnt be happy if they started getting up and openly supporting their team. Club should have just moved a handfull of CAFC supporters out of the end two blocks and gave them some kind of discount for next season. Now the only option is to round up the Norwich that do have tickets in our sections and put them in that end block where they can be looked after. There wouldnt have been many cafc fans that would have tickets in that section as it allways looks empty. All we have now is if Norwich fans make themselves known/heard in our sections trouble will occur with banning orders handed out when the club could have avoided this, and imo still can.

I'm sure even on the day we could move fans that turn up in the East Stand blocks A/B elsewhere, apologise profusely, offer a voucher or free meal pre-game next season and then relocate any Narwich fans in home areas there. As said I'm surprised we didn't do this in the first place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Are they breaking the law by sitting in home sections? No I dont think so. Like others have said I would do the same and sit in the home sections at an away game. I wouldnt be happy if they started getting up and openly supporting their team. Club should have just moved a handfull of CAFC supporters out of the end two blocks and gave them some kind of discount for next season. Now the only option is to round up the Norwich that do have tickets in our sections and put them in that end block where they can be looked after. There wouldnt have been many cafc fans that would have tickets in that section as it allways looks empty. All we have now is if Norwich fans make themselves known/heard in our sections trouble will occur with banning orders handed out when the club could have avoided this, and imo still can.

I'm sure even on the day we could move fans that turn up in the East Stand blocks A/B elsewhere, apologise profusely, offer a voucher or free meal pre-game next season and then relocate any Narwich fans in home areas there. As said I'm surprised we didn't do this in the first place.

Your right it wouldnt be hard to move them. Give them a voucher for two early round cup games that they could attend for free next year. saying that I might go and buy a ticket in that area just in case they do move people and hand out vouchers ect lol
  • Options
    I can't help feeling that what Palace have done is the better approach. I think if this was presented to fans properly and bearing in mind the club needing all the money it can get it's hands on, I don't think too many people would mind.

Surely even now, that could be put into effect? I can see things kicking off or continuous distraction as stewards keep removing people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what happened to the 100's of Norwich fans getting tickets for the North, East and West Stands? I didn't see one
  • Options
    There was a group in the east down by the corner who were'nt hiding the fact they were Norwich. Left after the 3rd goal went in. Had a bloke and his young son near us in the West, seemed friendly enough.
  • Options
    Several around us in the Lower West, but great guys and good to have met them. We agreed to meet up again some time next season.
  • Options
    Hardly the most notorious of trouble makers, are they?

Can't believe so many people were all getting so worked up about it on here.
  • Options
    Had 4 next to me, no trouble just kept quiet for the whole game. Wished them all the best and will see them next year.
  • Options
    did the group in the east stand pipe up a bit as they left with their tails between their legs at 3-0
  • Options
    I had a few ask me for a ticket - I replied Sorry but i would prefer to not lose my M'ship but i know some people are buying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]did the group in the east stand pipe up a bit as they left with their tails between their legs at 3-0

They tried to kick off with a few of my mates as they left at the top of the stand.
  • Options
    DA9 they where down the Anchor after the game with Mad Dog. They kept quiet and left before most peple got there.
  • Options
    was that the group that had the weird guy in the bennetton white and turquoise rugby top, orange shoes, cream shorts and a tweed flat cap?

someone should have told him to go home and get changed!