Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey speculation

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh right lol na its the nuts. Strange though he never left me the keys when he went away on holiday

Does he have a personalised number plate for it yet.......I'm know I saw a car there with one perfoect for him a little while ago

CAFC 4 EVR :-)

More like S4 ELV
  • Options
    Hmmmm..............
  • Options
    I think he's looking at one JO 07 NJO
  • Options
    Just make sure he doesn't do a Lisbie.
  • Options
    ???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]???

L15 BIE
  • Options
    OH right
  • Options
    Think he means when Lisbie left his keys in the ignition at a petrol station and got his car nicked? Pretty sure it was Lisbie
  • Options
    Well i hope he wouldn't be that stupid but who knows
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited June 2009
    Yep, that's it - Lisbie filled up at the service station near the training ground and left the keys in his car (Car got nicked) and yes his reg was L15BIE!

Honestly don't think Jonjo is that stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would give him some stick if he did lol
  • Options
    Well, it's obvious he doesn't even want to think about Tottingham ....... his mate Bostock signed for them, and he can't get a game at any price.

Don't they understand that Bostock's told Jonjo that Spurs should be the very last club he should sign for ... ?
  • Options
    Chelsea today, mentions West Ham and Spurs as well.
    Indeed Shelvey could remain at Charlton for a couple of years before linking up with Chelsea.

"A couple of years"... that could turn out to be quite good for us if it also involved a good fee.

They also called him 'Shelbey' at one point.
  • Options
    it's difficult to know how much we'd get for him. as a comparison daniel sturridge is valued by chelsea at £3m apparently, while man city reckon £10m.
  • Options
    the good thing about that deal IMO is that we will get to watch him grow and be the top player we all want him to be, and we will get the signing fee that is in his contract.

But Jon Jo

Dont go bud
  • Options
    Its sounds like a decent scenario for both JonJo and the club.
  • Options
    I've heard once again from my "source" that the Chelsea deal is pretty much a done deal. Please correct me if i'm wrong uncle.
    As I stated on page 1 of this thread, that I was told that Chelsea's interest was genuine a while back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I've heard once again from my "source" that the Chelsea deal is pretty much a done deal. Please correct me if i'm wrong uncle.
    As I stated on page 1 of this thread, that I was told that Chelsea's interest was genuine a while back.

Another 'source'.Will you people just lay off the sauce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know how else to describe him!! Maybe i'll go for 'Mystery Man' next time.. oh dear.. I just gave away that it is a man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, it's obvious he doesn't even want to think about Tottingham ....... his mate Bostock signed for them, and he can't get a game at any price.

Don't they understand that Bostock's told Jonjo that Spurs should be the very last club he should sign for ... ?
    I think he may well have told him the opposite. Bostock is amongst better players, has better facilities and with fuller pockets. He's got 15 years of his career ahead of him, in the grand scheme of things I'd be surprised if he was troubled by not getting kicked up in the air for Phallus in the CCC.

And I HATE Spurs.
  • Options
    Was he ever 'kicked up in the air' last season?
  • Options
    We should either sell him or keep him. Sounds obvious doesn't it? But the last thing we want to do is to sell him to a club that loans him back. That way we get today's money (far less than his worth in a few years' time) and end up with a player not on our books, and other club having a control in his stake. (Does the word "loanee" not conjur up shivers from last season? Or, what about the words "Tevez" and "Sheffield United"?)

There are three probably scenarios.

First, he agrees to stick to the contract he signed earlier this year and continues to play - and to develop - at Charlton. And, some time in the future, if Charlton's development does not keep pace with his, we allow him to be sold at a full market rate (willing seller, silling buyer).

Second, we flog him. Tout him round as many Premiership clubs as possible. Create a market. Make sure it's known he is available at the right price. Then accept the fattest fee we can garner. (I thought the way we dealt with Darren Bent was brilliant. We made it known we wanted to keep him, whilst accepting only bids that met our valuation, and also allowing the player the chance to choose from the clubs that met our valuation - hence Bent turning down westham).

Third, we "sell" him to a big club (Chelsea, Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or, more likely, Chelsea) and agree for him to come back on loan for one or two seasons.

In my opinion, either option one or two is fine. Option three should get the bargepole treatment.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don’t you think that option 3 is the best of both worlds though ? In two seasons time Jonjo probably won’t be with us no matter what. He’s clearly something special who’s destined for big things. In two years time the absolute best we could be is a newly promoted Premier League club (and the chances of that are slim) I would say that he will be beyond that ability by then and capable of operating at a higher level than we can offer.

With option 3 we can have him for two seasons and get a big fee. Option one would be great but I think might be unrealistic option two means we give Parkinson more money to waste and we don’t have Jonjo next year !

Just a quick question, people say he should stay with us because he “needs to be playing first team football” but people always say this about players, no matter what their age. It always seems like a convenient argument. Surely Shelvy would benefit from training amongst top pro’s rather than Deon Burton and Mat Spring.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Don’t you think that option 3 is the best of both worlds though ? In two seasons time Jonjo probably won’t be with us no matter what. He’s clearly something special who’s destined for big things. In two years time the absolute best we could be is a newly promoted Premier League club (and the chances of that are slim) I would say that he will be beyond that ability by then and capable of operating at a higher level than we can offer.
    No, I think it's the worst of both worlds. We sell our one player who has genuine Permier League potential for a fee that's much less than he's worth when he achieves that potential. And we end up with a player on loan, on our wage bill (probably) that we have to keep wrapped in cotton wool and ask some other team's permission before he can play in Cup games.

I would much prefer to see next season's squad being 100% Charlton-focused, Charlton players, with no loanees. Even if that meant playing without Shelvey.

(For the record, I would much prefer we kept him than sold him).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]No, I think it's the worst of both worlds. We sell our one player who has genuine Permier League potential for a fee that's much less than he's worth when he achieves that potential. And we end up with a player on loan, on our wage bill (probably) that we have to keep wrapped in cotton wool and ask some other team's permission before he can play in Cup games.

I would much prefer to see next season's squad being 100% Charlton-focused, Charlton players, with no loanees. Even if that meant playing without Shelvey.

(For the record, I would much prefer we kept him than sold him).

I think we’d all prefer to keep him because we’d never be able to replace him even if they paid us £100m !

I don’t think having him back for two years would be the same as a normal loan agreement. He’s a Charlton boy who has come through our academy and has shown nothing but love and commitment and I don’t think that would dissipate just because he’s going to Chelsea (for instance) in two years. In fact it may help, he would know there is a guaranteed light at the end of the tunnel so he wouldn’t feel like he’s wasting his time with us for the next two years. He’d have a piece of paper which proves he’s going on to the bigger and better things which we all know are his destiny.

I don’t like option two because no matter what fee we receive will mean replacing him with someone who isn’t fit to clean his boots. I just don’t think option one will happen – but I wish it would – oh, and I wish we had him on a 5 year contract rather than one which expires in 18 months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, it's obvious he doesn't even want to think about Tottingham ....... his mate Bostock signed for them, and he can't get a game at any price.

I think he may well have told him the opposite. Bostock is amongst better players, has better facilities and with fuller pockets. He's got 15 years of his career ahead of him, in the grand scheme of things I'd be surprised if he was troubled by not getting kicked up in the air for Phallus in the CCC.

And I HATE Spurs.

Both these lads said they are desperate to be playing regular 1st team football.
    Uncle has posted that Jonjo would rather stay at Charlton, providing he gets regular games.

In a recent article in The Times or somewhere, both these lads were interviewed together at the England U-17 camp - and Bostock intimated that maybe he'd moved from Palace too early, that he felt frustrated and marginalised at Spurs, because of the lack of 1st team opportunities.

And he was sitting right next to Jonjo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]he agrees to stick to the contract he signed earlier this year and continues to play - and to develop - at Charlton. And, some time in the future, if Charlton's development does not keep pace with his, we allow him to be sold at a full market rate (willing seller, silling buyer).

Problem with that is his contract is up in 2 years time.
  • Options
    Ok latest news on the Chelsea Rumour above

"A deal with Chelsea is not even a little bit close"

that is from the text sent to me from the only person i trust with regards to Jon Jo

so ladies and Gents it is just another Rumour with no foundation Tom your source must be mis informed at this point
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!