Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey speculation

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Any idea if there could be a loan for next season as part of the deal ie: Kyle Walker Sheff U-Spurs?

Surely next season Shelvey will surely play more of a role. In the Champ I can see Parky going for a 4-5-1 which suits Shelvey better imho whilst in League 1 we are likely to lose a couple of midfielders so with a Shelvey loan, he would be in a position to play regularly.

Maybe this is hoping for too much!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Any idea if there could be a loan for next season as part of the deal ie: Kyle Walker Sheff U-Spurs?

he hasn't been sold yet!!!!
  • Options
    i meant when he does go, by the sounds of it a deal could be done sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Any idea if there could be a loan for next season as part of the deal ie: Kyle Walker Sheff U-Spurs?

Surely next season Shelvey will surely play more of a role. In the Champ I can see Parky going for a 4-5-1 which suits Shelvey better imho whilst in League 1 we are likely to lose a couple of midfielders so with a Shelvey loan, he would be in a position to play regularly.

Maybe this is hoping for too much!

Lets just suppose for one minute he's been sold to a club like Liverpool. Would you really want to be loaned back to a manager that didn't think he could put you in his midfield even when the others were having a mare. Would you really really want to go back? I'm guessing if it was you the answer would be no.
  • Options
    The whole Shelvey saga makes me angry and sad at the waste of a major talent. We all knew we would see him go one day, but to see him go without having been given the chance to display his footballing gifts is shameful. He was part of a team which, at the beginning of the season, swept other teams aside and scored plaenty ofgoals. Since he has been kept on the bench we have played our poorest football, and I have resented watching less talented players keeping him out of the team.Whatever Parky manages to do in the future I shall always resent his mismanagement of this situation.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Of course I would not want to go back but would love to see Jonjo come back next year, I know it is very unlikely but we can hope! Maybe if we had a new manager or Richard Murray negotiated such a clause, it could happen!

Edit: agree with above post, massive waste as I think in a few years Shelvey could be playing with the best and looking at home in the Prem. Whilst this season he has not been used enough and sometimes used out of position, least with Parker we got to see the best of him every week. Instead players like Mooney have been used fairly regularly since November!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]The whole Shelvey saga makes me angry and sad at the waste of a major talent. We all knew we would see him go one day, but to see him go without having been given the chance to display his footballing gifts is shameful. He was part of a team which, at the beginning of the season, swept other teams aside and scored plaenty ofgoals. Since he has been kept on the bench we have played our poorest football, and I have resented watching less talented players keeping him out of the team.Whatever Parky manages to do in the future I shall always resent his mismanagement of this situation.
    I'm with you there

[cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Of course I would not want to go back but would love to see Jonjo come back next year, I know it is very unlikely but we can hope! Maybe if we had a new manager or Richard Murray negotiated such a clause, it could happen!

Ok mate but i doubt it
  • Options
    More importantly, uncle - would you still come down The Valley?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]More importantly, uncle - would you still come down The Valley?

Of course mate and i'll be there saturday too and at wembley fingers crossed
  • Options
    "Not playing him in his best position". He hasn't had a position because he hasn't been playing - a good coach would turn a talented player into the right position to work within the team / tactics

Having read all of this - it isn't about Shelvey, it's about the manager.

What would Curbs or Lennie have done ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got a text from my wife saying has gone for £3m - obvioulsy not confirmed by the OS, but has anyone else heard if this has happened, I do not truxt her sources - my mother in law.
  • Options
    To be honest it's a disgrace we haven't used him effectively. Is playing in the hole his strongest position? Whenever I've seen him play there he has been starved of the ball and just ends up running round closing down defenders. He should have been playing deeper in midfield so he could try dictate games with his range of passing which outclasses our other midfielders by a mile. Parky has let him rot. Gutted for us as our season could have been different if we'd used him well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Just got a text from my wife saying has gone for £3m - obvioulsy not confirmed by the OS, but has anyone else heard if this has happened, I do not truxt her sources - my mother in law.

sold to whom? Liverpool?
  • Options
    Deal subject to medical, but Liverpool set to pay initial £1.7m; further payments depending on domestic/international appearances (MW) #cafc

Liverpool given permission to speak to midfielder Jonjo Shelvey about a transfer, Charlton confirm (MW) http://bit.ly/aBb5kJ #cafc

From CAFCofficial twitter.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FFS beaten by seconds again. :-D
  • Options
    And on the OS
    Shelvey discussing move to Merseyside
    Charlton have given Premier League side Liverpool permission to speak to 18-year-old midfielder Jonjo Shelvey about a transfer, the Addicks confirmed on Tuesday evening.

Liverpool will pay an initial £1.7m for the England youth international, with further potential payments depending on domestic and international appearances.

Shelvey travelled to Merseyside on Tuesday to agree personal terms and undergo a medical, the results of which won't be known until Wednesday.

As part of the potential transfer, the two clubs are also in talks to develop a strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions.

Shelvey became Charlton's youngest debutant when he made his first-team bow against Barnsley at Oakwell in April 2008, aged just 16 years and 59 days. He is also the club's youngest FA Cup and league goalscorer.

The Romford-born attacker has made 48 appearances and scored eight times for the Addicks, including four goals in the current campaign.

£1.6m initially pretty disappointing considering what he'll hopefully be worth one day.

And notice "the two clubs are also in talks to develop a strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions." Just hope we don't lose any other decent prospects to Liverpool, as there are a few coming through. Maybe we'll get a decent player or two on loan, but that's never happened in these link ups before.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!