Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey speculation

Comments

• Options
    office is a shoe shop
  • Options
    sorry i only go to clark's still a complete and utter load of bollocks
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]There are reasons why he hasn't started in a 4 man midfield, but with games he will surely develop and work on those weaknesses. Maybe Parky just doesn't think he can risk letting him making mistakes.

but he's prepared to have plenty others of them in the team making mistakes, many seasoned pro's ? Sorry but I just don't agree with that. If we were in the PL then ok but in League 1, no way.
    Sorry have edited it, I wasn't saying it was right, I want to see him in the team more often like others do. Just thinking about the reasons why.

Would like to see him next to Semedo as whenever he's been subbed on in CM we've usually taken Semedo off and there's no one to do the defensive work for Shelvey.

For all the mistakes he'd make, he will surely make up for it with the chances he creates. He's the only midfielder we have with a good range of passing, he can see a pass AND pull it off. The rest don't have the accuracy and/or vision to do it. He's also another goal threat and set piece taker.

So yes I do agree and think we haven't used him enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]why would jonjo go into a office in Lakeside maybe a shop but a office,what a complete load of bollocks.Red Robin what's your problem with Jonjo don't you think he should have started more games ?

I have no problem with him and yes, I do think he should have been involved more this season, especially since Bailey has picked up a few injuries.

I would like him to stay as I think it would benefit us and his development as a player. I would hate it if he were to be allowed to leave in a similiar manner to Josh Wright last season.
  • Options
    i think this club is in big big trouble
  • Options
    I think you'll be surprised come the summer Steve...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think you'll be surprised come the summer Steve...

And...Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think you'll be surprised come the summer Steve...

I hope you're right WSS. Richard Murray has suggested we'll be making big cutbacks should we not go up so unless something big has happened behind the scenes since he's said that we better pray to find a decent spell of form or we could indeed be in a spot of bother.
  • Options
    I'm just jesting. There may or may not be something going on at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm just jesting. There may or may not be something going on at the moment.

Such jests can spark off 4000 item threads! ;0)

p.s.Let's hope something is going on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm just jesting. There may or may not be something going on at the moment.
    "There may or may not be something going" or "There may or may not be something going"?
  • Options

"Check me out - I'm ITK and you lot aren't"

Yawn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]My mate works in "office" in Lakeside and Jonjo came in with his girlfriend and was complaining he had to go Exeter on Saturday saying along the lines of "i cant be bothered to go Exeter at the weekend" when supposedly his girlfriend said back "youll only sit on the bench anyways"

Whats the name of your mate and i'll go and ask him if he said that? Do you think eveyone in Essex are thick and say's "anyways". whisper me his name
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]My mate works in "office" in Lakeside and Jonjo came in with his girlfriend and was complaining he had to go Exeter on Saturday saying along the lines of "i cant be bothered to go Exeter at the weekend" when supposedly his girlfriend said back "youll only sit on the bench anyways"[/quote]

Whats the name of your mate and i'll go and ask him if he said that? Do you think eveyone in Essex are thick and say's "anyways". whisper me his name[/quote]

I'm not unhappy with the number of games that Jonjo has started this year, but I would have liked to see him come on off the bench more frequently. I think he started the season well but later lost form and before anyone asks I can't give specific dates and times. By having him come on from the bench he would have been able to gently play himself beck in to form, especially in the absence of reserve games. Instead every time he played he was coming in cold without match practice and then would be dropped again.

If he goes he goes but hopefully we will get some money that will enable us to make a push for the play offs next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1268781/3m-Charlton-starlet-Jonjo-Shelvey-reject-Arsenal-Chelsea-Spurs-Liverpool.html?ITO=1490

Daily Mail and £3m now.
    £3m Charlton starlet Jonjo Shelvey to reject Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs for Liverpool

Liverpool are ready to pip Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal to the signing of Charlton teenager Jonjo Shelvey.

The 18-year-old, who made his first team debut aged 16 years and 59 days, is one of the best young players in the country and already has over 40 appearances under his belt.
    He can play as a winger, attacking midfielder or second striker and Liverpool hope to tie up a £3million deal as soon as the season finishes.

Charlton starlet: Shelvey (right) has been linked with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea
    They are keen to bring in more English players during the summer and have also rekindled their interest in Manchester United youngster John Cofie who they tried to sign from Burnley two years ago.
    But Shelvey will prove a real coup for the Anfield club as he has been coveted by London's big clubs for some time and follows their signing of Raheem Sterling from QPR in January.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Liverpool-transfer-target-Jonjo-Shelvey-10-things-you-need-to-know-plus-video-of-him-in-action-article404973.html

10 things you need to know about Jonjo Shelvey
    6) The 18-year-old midfield star is in no hurry to quit Charlton. In August 2009, he rejected the opportunity to move across London to Chelsea in a £3.5million deal.

7) Charlton boss Phil Parkinson was delighted when Shelvey turned down the Stamford Bridge giants. He said: "I think he did very well, for a 17-year-old, to deal with that. I've worked with other players before who would have found that hard to handle, but he kept his professionalism in training, he never once came to see me and said 'I'd like to go'. I'm sure he's got an agent who was telling him there was interest out there, but that's a credit to Jonjo and his family – he just kept his feet on the ground and he's kept playing football."
    Seem to remember that Parkinson quote, but did he turn down Chelsea in August?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Liverpool-transfer-target-Jonjo-Shelvey-10-things-you-need-to-know-plus-video-of-him-in-action-article404973.html

6) The 18-year-old midfield star is in no hurry to quit Charlton. In August 2009, he rejected the opportunity to move across London to Chelsea in a £3.5million deal.

7) Charlton boss Phil Parkinson was delighted when Shelvey turned down the Stamford Bridge giants. He said: "I think he did very well, for a 17-year-old, to deal with that. I've worked with other players before who would have found that hard to handle, but he kept his professionalism in training, he never once came to see me and said 'I'd like to go'. I'm sure he's got an agent who was telling him there was interest out there, but that's a credit to Jonjo and his family – he just kept his feet on the ground and he's kept playing football."

Yep
  • Options
    If hes not getting in our team i dont understand why prem teams want him?Im sure he will be a great player but at the moment i think he needs a solid season of first team football, not reserves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SamB09[/cite]If hes not getting in our team i dont understand why prem teams want him?Im sure he will be a great player but at the moment i think he needs a solid season of first team football, not reserves.

Maybe we're wrong and they're right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Liverpool-transfer-target-Jonjo-Shelvey-10-things-you-need-to-know-plus-video-of-him-in-action-article404973.html

Yep

if he's anything like you he probably told them to f**k off and stick that blue flag where the sun doesn't shine!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep

Been banging your nephews drum for a while but it doesn't seem to be making any difference. Hope his next manager shows more faith in him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]My mate works in "office" in Lakeside and Jonjo came in with his girlfriend and was complaining he had to go Exeter on Saturday saying along the lines of "i cant be bothered to go Exeter at the weekend" when supposedly his girlfriend said back "youll only sit on the bench anyways"

Whats the name of your mate and i'll go and ask him if he said that? Do you think eveyone in Essex are thick and say's "anyways". whisper me his name
    LOL - pwned.

Good on you Unc - you must get utterly f***ed off with this board sometimes :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

LOL - pwned.

Good on you Unc - you must get utterly f***ed off with this board sometimes :)

Most of the people are good to be honest just the odd few that think they know it all. I love the way he thinks Jonjo and his girlfriend would be shouting across a shop in lakeside where he is instantly known about not wanting to go to Exeter ...Christ
  • Options
    uncle - hope he shows the same loyalty that he did before again. I can see jonjo being a regular feature next year and turn himself into a bit of a charlton legend. if we need to sell him after that then im sure we'll make more than 3mil for him.
  • Options
    Jonjo is calm and shy.Its not in his character to be loud.I took a photo with him this season and he is quiet and polite.
    The boy can develop into a good technical player.Sort of a right sided Gareth Barry.The level of expectation has made him try and do too much and that has made him give the ball away a few times.I agree He could have been used more but I am hoping Parky has been saving him for the 'finale'.The team needs young fresh legs.Waggy and Jonjo ,Sam and
    Kyel need to play a big part.
  • Options
    I would love to keep him here but if we are offered 3 million quid for him then, let's face facts, he will be off to Anfield.

My personal view, and one that is pure speculation on my part, is that Parky knows we need to sell JJ in the summer to assist with the finances (whether we are promoted or not) and has been "warehousing" him to protect him from an injury that could wreck the deal.

Probably complete bollocks on my part but a part of me wonders whether it is true given the fact that he has barely played since January!
  • Options
    Off to Liverpool according to Sky sports news website, go easy on us on Saturday by the way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]uncle - hope he shows the same loyalty that he did before again. I can see jonjo being a regular feature next year and turn himself into a bit of a charlton legend. if we need to sell him after that then im sure we'll make more than 3mil for him.

Would you ? I'm not saying this is true or not but really would you stay. Wasn't it last year that it was said stay here and play 1st team football or go and warm the bench for chelsea. This could all be pure rubbish but i'm not sure i would show the loyalty you want because i'm not sure another year of warming the Charlton bench would further his career.
  • Options
    You might have a point.Latest speculation combined with Jonjo not being in the squad are too much of a coincidence.
    If this is the case then it has to be seen in the context of the future financial stability of our club.
    Not knowing the club's financial situation I cannot decide wether to risk him or not
    Having said that I trust the judgement ,of the people we have running the club ,to make the right choice.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]Having said that I trust the judgement ,of the people we have running the club ,to make the right choice.[/quote]

I'm a bit like you, I trust in the people running the club to make the right decsion, the only problem being whenn I look at the last few years my head tells my heart I must be some sort of mug.

If I was Jonjo I would only stay if I had some assurance of minutes on the pitch during the next season. His progress has been held back by lack of games at any level (1st team or reserves or over age U18). If he were to go elsewhere he will get games either in reserves or out on loan, imagine that the board selling him to Liverpool and he turns up in the league playing against us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!