Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ferrari pull out of F1 next year

Not good for the sport that.

Comments

• Options
    wow that cant be true really falcon where did you get that from
  • Options
    Not been confirmed has it???

I read they were threatening to do it because of the £40 million cap for next season but it was thought they were bluffing.
  • Options
    Just been a newsflash on talkSPORT
  • Options
    and on absolute radio unfecking believable the sport is dead
  • Options
    could kill the sport off not good
  • Options
    F**k them I say.

F1 survived when they were also rans, so no reason why it can't without them.

They've got too much sway with the governing body anyway.
  • Options
    I am not a fan of F1 so take my opinion with a pinch of salt ... but how can F1 exist without Ferrari?
  • Options
    TBF it's not just Ferrari.

Toyota have said they will pull out if the £40m budget cap is in place as have Red Bull (who also own Torro Rosso) plus Renault.
  • Options
    On Sky now.
  • Options
    don't like the idea of a level playing field by the sounds of it.

that said - It will cost Ferrari millions to make everyone superflous redundant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]TBF it's not just Ferrari.

Toyota have said they will pull out if the £40m budget cap is in place as have Red Bull (who also own Torro Rosso) plus Renault.

This is the main point. Not many are happy with it!
  • Options
    It's all a bluff. They'll be racing next year - they just want to do it on their terms.
  • Options
    "Ferrari have announced they will quit Formula 1 at the end of the season if the sport continues with plans to adopt a £40m budget cap from 2010.

"No F1 in 2010 if the rules do not change," read a statement. "Ferrari does not intend to register cars for the 2010 F1 world championship."

Ferrari fear the evolution of a two-tier championship, between those teams who adopt the cap and those who do not.
  • Options
    Toys out of the pram from Ferrari. It's not going their own way recently...

They'll be racing next year.
  • Options
    Just read this on Sky News website... not quite the 'Ferrari pull out' is it !!! Some of you lot would make great journo's !!!

"Ferrari have announced that they will quit Formula One at the end of the 2009 season if a budget cap is introduced. "
  • Options
    Ok, I take it back... statement has now been updated on Sky News:

"Ferrari has quit next year's Formula One Championship because of their opposition to the new technical regulations adopted by the FIA.

In a short statement on the team's website, the motor racing's most famous team said they will not be on the grid in 2010.

"We confirm our opposition to the new technical regulations adopted by the FIA and do not intend entering our cars in the 2010 F1 Championship," the statement read.

Ferrari are among several teams to have been angered by the FIA's plans to impose a £40million budget cap on teams from next year, and today's move will hugely increase the pressure on FIA president Max Mosley to find a compromise.

Crunch talks were already planned in the next few days with the May 29 deadline for 2010 entries fast approaching.

Prior to the Spanish Grand Prix, Toyota boss John Howett said his team were unlikely to commit by that deadline if the FIA pressed ahead with their plans, but it is Ferrari who have made the move first."
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm not a fan of that little weasel Ecclestone to be honest....and I'm not sure how much of a say he has had in all this.
    Yes something needed to be done to loosen the stranglehold that McLaren and Ferrari has had on the sport in recent years but what's happened is just plain daft...for example, is Button (as talented as he is) a better driver than Hamilton or Massa (and that is just those two)....no way. Are Brawn and Red Bull better cars than McLaren or Ferrari....of course not?
    In giving others a chance they've shafted the two best teams and several better drivers than we now see amassing the points.
    Add to all this that you're not sure if the three guys you see up on the podium are going to be the same three that 'actually' get the points 24 hours down the line(stewards and adjudicators rule!) and the receipe is a complete fiasco.
    They've thrown the baby out with the bath water.................. the whole thing has become a farce.
  • Options
    Most. Boring. Sport. Ever.
  • Options
    Speed knitting comes close Henry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Most. Boring. Sport. Ever.

Great day out though...I can assure you it's one hell of a spectacle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Most. Boring. Sport. Ever.

Great day out though...I can assure you it's one hell of a spectacle.

I can go to quickfit to see people changing tyres and stand on a bridge over the M25 and see more overtaking.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You simply have no idea how quick those cars are Henry until you see them in the flesh actually racing....TV just doesn't get that across....it's awesome.
  • Options
    I am not for or against F1 but I watched the start of the race on Sunday and the commentators said that during something like the last 15 races in Spain the race has been won buy the car on pole position in something like 11 of them!!! (sorry facts are a bit vague).

So what the point? may as well just have the qualifiying
  • Options
    Most surprising. I can't actually believe they would do it and I think they are trying to call Ecclestone's bluff. Ferrari Actually make a loss of car production, Fiat (who own Ferrari) sustain them as a business due to their merchandising linked to their F1 team. In any case the £40 million cap doesn't include things like Engine costs, transport to to races, marketing, etc.

I think Ecclestones losing it. There have been too many changes in the sport recently. All F1 teams are designing cars that are two seasons ahead of current designs, imposing so many rule changes season after season has been an issue with big spending teams like Ferrari and Toyota.

Personally, i miss the days when manufacturers could spend what they wanted and make the cars go mentally fast.
  • Options

So what the point? may as well just have the qualifiying
    Qualifying is almost as exciting as the race. I've seen qualification rounds in Silverstone, Kuala Lumpa, Hockenheim and Nurburgring. An excellent day out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]You simply have no idea how quick those cars are Henry until you see them in the flesh actually racing....TV just doesn't get that across....it's awesome.

but they are not RACING. They are just going fast. As East Stand Mike says if you are on pole and avoid a crash you will most likely win. One team puts on some go faster stripes or whatever and is suddenly winning Grand Prix from nowhere.

Makes Rugby look interesting and that takes some doing.
  • Options
    Lets hope this is true, i hate them bunch of ferrari bone faces. Always hated them too!! Good for nothing boring red dousche bags.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Personally, i miss the days when manufacturers could spend what they wanted and make the cars go mentally fast.

Ditto. The days of traction control, bigger engines and exciting races where overtaking actually happened...
  • Options
    Couldn't give a toss about the sport, whatever people say its fixed. More of a MotoGP fan myself, more overtaking and better tracks. Oh and anybody can win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Couldn't give a toss about the sport, whatever people say its fixed. More of a MotoGP fan myself, more overtaking and better tracks. Oh and anybody can win.

Now you are talking, real men on two wheels, taking chances and overtaking, not being controlled by a computer in the pits.