Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most Boring Sport?

Other than Formula 1, obviously.

I could draw up a very, very long list but if I had to pick one for room 101 it would be horse racing. No idea what people see in it. Betting of course, but you can bet on anything.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Horse racing is yet 'another' sport that you really have to go to to get fun out of it....I don't like it on TV at all....but most folk who've had a day out at the races will tell you it's pretty good fun.
  • Options
    I find hockey a bit boring and frustrating because the bloody whistle keeps blowing every few seconds...there's so many rules and technical infringments that it spoils the flow of the game....do away with half the rules and the game would be a lot more exciting IMHO.
    As a result of all these rules, most goals are scored from either corners or penalties...you'd have thought the hockey authorities would have sussed this out long ago and set about putting it to rights!
  • Options
    I watch almost any chuffing sport tbh, but can't stand Equestrian or Show Jumping or whatever the toffs call it.
  • Options
    has to be without a doubt

chess
  • Options
    Target Shooting - dot there, dot not there, dot still there etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I find hockey a bit boring and frustrating because the bloody whistle keeps blowing every few seconds...there's so many rules and technical infringments that it spoils the flow of the game....do away with half the rules and the game would be a lot more exciting IMHO.
    As a result of all these rules, most goals are scored from either corners or penalties...you'd have thought the hockey authorities would have sussed this out long ago and set about putting it to rights!

Nail hit firmly on head. Great to play, hard to watch.
  • Options
    Snooker
  • Options
    Cannot believe Snooker hasn't come up yet, at least to watch, great to play. However, cannot stand F1 so I go for that although if given the choice of watching the best of 35 frames at the Snooker WC think I might have to kill myself
  • Options
    cricket 5 fecking days wtf
  • Options
    Rugby, Basket Ball, American Football. Can't make up my mind between these 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tennis.....it goes that side, it comes back, it goes it comes...oops it's been missed....yawn.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot the fantastic game of curling
  • Options
    Premier League football with Alan Curbishley as your manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Tennis.....it goes that side, it comes back, it goes it comes...oops it's been missed....yawn.

Again I'd watch competitive tiddlywinks if it was on the box but I just do not get turned on by tennis. Far too middle class, far too predictable and usually just very, very dull. Even then I do find myself getting drawn in during Wimbledon...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Premier League football with Alan Curbishley as your manager?

What would u rather, that, or League 1 football with Parky as your manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Premier League football with Alan Curbishley as your manager?

Erm, it was a joke. Just laugh eh?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]

Erm, it was a joke. Just laugh eh?

A sick joke, u almost made me cry ;(
  • Options
    Cricket
  • Options
    would say golf personally.

Really find the idea of hitting a tiny ball with a stick into a tiny hole so far away you can't actually see it a bit tedious.
  • Options
    Baseball, golf, F1 (and I like and appreciate motorsports in general) and a few others. That said, they do all pale compared to figure skating...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MCSMCS
    edited May 2009
    Baseball, gridiron, basketball, ice hockey. All pointless yankie pony!!

I mean the world series in crappin baseball, world as in, all of the usa and canada!! Hardly the 'World' is it you cretinous berks!

Find it all very soporific !
  • Options
    Golf

are you guys crazy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]would say golf personally.

Really find the idea of hitting a tiny ball with a stick into a tiny hole so far away you can't actually see it a bit tedious.

I thought running was ridiculous, until I tried it. The thought of running until you drop or you reach the finish line was appalling, but the sense of achievement is fantastic, I was wrong.
    It can only be compared to shooting an 83 on a par 71 golf course ( my best ever score) try it, its fun :)
  • Options
    NBA, lets face it, everytime you get the ball, you go up to the net and score. Then you give it to the other team who go and score etc etc etc. Now and then, one team miss, so the others go up and score again!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]would say golf personally.

I thought running was ridiculous, until I tried it. The thought of running until you drop or you reach the finish line was appalling, but the sense of achievement is fantastic, I was wrong.
    It can only be compared to shooting an 83 on a par 71 golf course ( my best ever score) try it, its fun :)

I have tried it. I like the odd bit of crazy golf with the kids but the rest just depresses me. Not enough windmills I guess.
  • Options
    90% of all Olympic sports are boring, except when they are in the Olympics.

Dead right about NBA. It's a bit like Scottish football in a way, where two sides keep winning and the only excitement is when one of them loses. Perverse.
  • Options
    Baseball, baseball & baseball!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Rugby, Golf, Snooker

Archery is good :)
  • Options
    Golf. And personally can't get into wrestling, no matter how much heroin_addick makes me watch it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Baseball, gridiron, basketball, ice hockey. All pointless yankie pony!!

I mean the world series in crappin baseball, world as in, all of the usa and canada!! Hardly the 'World' is it you cretinous berks!

Find it all very soporific !
    Behave. The rest of them - whilst I don't agree with you - I can see your point on. You really have to be 'into' them to like American Football and Baseball. Basketball I can take or leave myself, personally. But Ice Hockey? Have you ever actually SEEN a game? It is hands-down the most exciting sport ever invented. Played at forty miles an hour, by blokes the size of lumberjacks but with the skill and balance of Romanian mat-slappers - and fighting is not just accepted as part of the sport but actively encouraged as an integral element of it! If you're equating ice hockey to the drivel that is served up in rinks around the UK, then you seriously, seriously need to take a look at ESPN and watch 'real' hockey, NHL-style.

It. Rules.