Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling support 08/09 (look away now!)

Championship:

Wolves..............2808.9
Sheff Utd...........2316.3
Nottingham For...2046.4
Derby Cty..........2009.9
Sheffield Wed.....1922.3
Birmingham C....1739.8
Doncaster R.......1508.5
Reading.............1439.9
Ipswich T...........1369.3
Burnley..............1339.9
Cardiff C............1332.1
QPR...................1329.1
Bristol C.............1308.3
Blackpool............1304.9
Norwich C...........1221.1
Barnsley.............1200.6
Coventry C.........1193.3
Southampton.......1186.8
Swansea C..........1134.2
Crystal Palace.....1090.1
Watford................868.0
Plymouth A...........860.0
Preston North End..798.1
Charlton A.............708.0

League One:

Leeds United : 2,523
Leicester City : 2,002
Huddersfield Town : 944
Peterborough United : 909
Millwall : 800
Oldham Athletic : 761
Brighton & Hove Albion : 748
Stockport County : 706
Bristol Rovers : 701
Northampton Town : 664
Milton Keynes Dons : 624
Swindon Town : 620
Carlisle United : 556
Tranmere Rovers : 552
Scunthorpe United : 534
Southend United : 532
Leyton Orient : 527
Hereford United : 383
Walsall : 348
Colchester United : 335
Hartlepool United : 313
Crewe Alexandra : 309
Yeovil Town : 299
Cheltenham Town : 266

Comments

• Options
    ha ha

At least we are consistant
  • Options
    You sure that's not just the league tables?!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2009
    Come on ooh ahh....

Very surprised at Donny.
  • Options
    OohAhh will love this
  • Options
    WE ARE CHARLTONS RED AND WHITE ARMY!
  • Options
    Impressed with Doncasters away following and also Brighton as i think they only average about 6k for home games yet take more than us away.
  • Options
    What does that tell you? That it's allot easier to follow your team away if you might actually get a win!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]What does that tell you? That it's allot easier to follow your team away if you might actually get a win!

By jove the boy's a genius!
  • Options
    Lower than palance and nillwall.

:-(
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]What does that tell you? That it's allot easier to follow your team away if you might actually get a win!

exactly, I'm surprised it's as high as 700 given the crap we had to endure...IF we are doing well next season I'd hazard a guess at it being probably about double that (given the plenty of relatively short away days)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where have these figures been sourced from? I have no problem with ours, but no way do Barnsley average 4 figures for away trips......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Where have these figures been sourced from? I have no problem with ours, but no way do Barnsley average 4 figures for away trips......

If they took say 3-4k to each of the Sheffield sides for local derbies then that will inflate their average.
  • Options
    Our average would surely have been higher if there had been any 'big' reason to follow the team.
    There were no 'interesting' ties that we hadn't been to the previous year, other than Swansea perhaps and there wasn't a cup run or anything remotely likely to get a non traveller out of their arm chair.
    Perhaps if we had needed a win at Norwich on the last day we might have filled our allocation like they did at the Valley but I doubt it. It was a miserable time to follow Charlton last season. I personally didn't go to many away games after the bracing trip to Blackpool. I just found that I wasn't enjoying it. Apparently I wasn't alone.

Bring on next season- a few early away wins and we'll all be desperate to follow the team again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Where have these figures been sourced from? I have no problem with ours, but no way do Barnsley average 4 figures for away trips......

I actually got them from the Accrington Stanley website, via a Google search, so I don't know the original source. They look about right to me, though.
  • Options
    No getting away from the fact that, despite our season, they are not good figures.

Beaten by millwall when we are a league above them and we have at least double their home support. Beaten by oldham, Stockport, huddersfield & Brighton, all of whom are a league lower and in some cases have been in that league a while.

The thing is im still worried about getting tickets for a lot of the away games next year!!

Impressive figures form Leeds, who also sold out all but one of their away games, restricting what would have been a much higher figure.

impressed ith Derby as well - not a great season but decent home and away support!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    Crystal Palace.....1090.1
    Alright, who is the 0.1 of a Palarse fan?
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if ours were as high as that on the year we had.

About 20-25% down on the previous season.

I expect that to be reversed next year.

Oldham impressive taking 780 average on a 5,000 home average
  • Options
    Can we have the home ones now? ;o) Watch us trump Palarse and NilWall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I expect that to be reversed next year.

Oldham impressive taking 780 average on a 5,000 home average
    Havent you and the other older gang said before that this used to be the case with us? Lower home crowds but decent away figures?
  • Options
    Very poor effort guys, I expect a lot more from you next season.

P.S. Don't post your excuses, I've heard them all before.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Very poor effort guys, I expect a lot more from you next season.

P.S. Don't post your excuses, I've heard them all before.

;-)
    My dog ate my homework
  • Options
    We have absolutely no mitigation here & we need to collectively hold our heads in shame. I include myself in this who only did 6 away games. C+, must do better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]
    I include myself in this who only did 6 away games. C+, must do better.

And i bet you're including cup games !
  • Options
    I am (Narwch replay)!
  • Options
    Only 2 for me (Palace & Derby).
    Sorry Sir.............
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hang on, Norwich 1221.1.

I don't think these figures are correct.

Edit: I went to Palace, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby away so have a lot of improving to do next season.
  • Options
    Cut out and keep for next season fellas

****Mels minibuses*****
  • Options
    i'm sure some will look at this as a positive that we are not lining the pockets of our rival clubs.

i see it as another victory for oohaah to go with the prediction league, rufus challenge and lifers golf day.
    is there no end to the mans talent?

;-)
  • Options
    Looks like I'll have to clone myself next season to enhance the numbers....

BTW paulbaconsarnie, met a young from guy from Purfleet whilst on hols in Tenerife a couple of weeks ago & turns out he works for THE Paul Bacon. Apparently PB runs his own flooring company now . Was well chuffed that he'd met someone who remembered his boss !
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    maybe it'll be better next season with a lot of very short trips : Orient, Brentford, Southend, Narwich, Southampton, The Jills, Millsmall to name just seven, a third roughly of the away games on offer.

And I forgot Colchester & Brighton. Add Wycombe too.