Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling support 08/09 (look away now!)

Comments

• Options
    Plus the few hundred who will be making up to Hartlepool and Carlisle
  • Options
    There will be more than a few hundred going to pool and carlisle,i shall be staying over for both of these games.
  • Options
    I should be going one of the two, coming back the same day though, i'm gonna be knackered
  • Options
    carlise is so far away may aswell be scotland
  • Options
    So?

Nothing like getting to a station at 12am and finding you've missed the last train home
  • Options
    we'll know if it will be our season when the fixtures come out, if Carlisle away is the final game it's all sorted.
  • Options
    TBF I would have gone to some away games in the second half of the season, if they actually meant something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]carlise is so far away may aswell be scotland

i'll be doing an overnighter for Carlisle - in Glasgow!

Might even be bringing a few weegies with me for that one.
  • Options
    Where's ooh ah when you need him?:-)
  • Options
    Ooooh ahhhh is on his holibobs dude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    none for me and I enjoyed everone of them.

As for ooh aaah he went to as many as me didn't he.
  • Options
    Ooh aah is on a week holidays playing golf a game he had never played before but rocked home in emphatic style for charlton life day 46 points or something, whilst putting all other players off with talk of away followings and Curbs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Ooh aah is on a week holidays playing golf a game he had never played before but rocked home in emphatic style for charlton life day 46 points or something, whilst putting all other players off with talk of away followings and Curbs

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]none for me and I enjoyed everone of them.

As for ooh aaah he went to as many as me didn't he.

i think oohaah was at derby.

so he went to more away games than the average charlton home fan.
  • Options
    Ah, but are these figures the official numbers or do they include tickets sold but but non-appearance :-)
  • Options
    well i did go to Palace but that's hardly away is ti
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]well i did go to Palace but that's hardly away is ti

wasn't a dig ledge.

i only did 7 aways last season.

*hangs head*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]well i did go to Palace but that's hardly away is ti

Could be worse, you could be Medders.
  • Options
    oh i know it weren't mate i was trying to match ooh aah for effort but he at least travelled some for an away game LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Ah, but are these figures the official numbers or do they include tickets sold but but non-appearance :-)
    I think it includes away season ticket holders as well!

As I've said earlier, these figures look very wrong (totally bogus maaaaaaan), Doncaster taking more away than Norwich? No chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would be interested to see the same data for the Premier League
  • Options
    I freely admit to only rarely attending away games.

However, to my admittedly limited knowledge, we have never taken vast numbers away unless it has been "operation" type matches or the odd Cup replay where a decent draw awaits in the next round.

So why the fuss? Surely it is home attendances that count.
  • Options
    used to love the away days many years ago, however circumstances (family) dictate now that they are more of a problem. I'm more than happy just having a season ticket and picking and choosing 1/2 a season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]would be interested to see the same data for the Premier League

go on your site ask for it!! These premier boys want it all on plate damn cheek!! ;-)
  • Options
    With our away form are we really shocked
  • Options
    Maybe my memory's a bit cloudy but I'm sure our away support was better than this back in the 90's. We took just over 700 to QPR this season (Parkinson's first game in charge) - appreciate that performances on the pitch play a big part in whether or not people travel but I remember going QPR away back in 96/97 (very mediocre season, finished 15th) and taking our full allocation. Watford this season (first away game) we only took 12-1400 long before it became apparent that we were in for such a disastrous season. As long as I've been going we've always had fairly small away support for long distance matches unless it's a big game, but some of our support at reasonably local games has been embarrassing - don't think we even sold Palace out this year, they sold out about two weeks in advance for us.
  • Options
    Having done nine away games during the season I am surprised that the figure is 700, never seemed to be that many at any of the away games I did. But what is noticeable is the age of are away support, most like me over 50. Large away support is based on having a large contingent of young single blokes as supporters which we as a club do not. Charltons support is growing old that is the problem.
  • Options
    as soon as fixtures out operation * Pull my Finger out will start * will try to book some of the longer train trips as cheap as possible and shabby cheap travelodges............going to have fun next season after poor year on the pitch pitch going to have fun off it next
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]would be interested to see the same data for the Premier League

go on your site ask for it!! These premier boys want it all on plate damn cheek!! ;-)

Lol, charming! I've done a quick google but I couldnt find anything. Blimey, cant imagine asking about anything football related on SIMB (where we all migrated to after the demise of Spursweb) lol. It has to be said this is by far the best board for intelligent life form, thats for sure.
  • Options
    In league 2 Bradford averaged over 1000 at away games. The Gills average was 545, not bad seeing they were 2 leagues below us.

Johnboy - i don't think any premier stats have been released yet as the season just ended whereas the other leagues were over 3 weeks ago.