Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man United or Barcelona?

Comments

• Options
    Come on Barca!
  • Options
    Utd for me

and at least this is a proper Champions League final for once none of this bollox teams finishing 4th getting to European Cup Final and winning it like the bin dippers

Hope Giggs scores to button that MCS up - never in all my time have I heard such talk.Ryan Giggs GASH ---- NO AMDY FAYE is GASH . NOW STOP IT MCS :-)

I like Utd - nothing wrong with the arrogance IMO every successful team has had that arrogance about them. That's why they're champions.
  • Options
    I'llbe cheering for whoever is losing at the time!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Utd for me

and at least this is a proper Champions League final for once none of this bollox teams finishing 4th getting to European Cup Final and winning it like the bin dippers

Hope Giggs scores to button that MCS up - never in all my time have I heard such talk.Ryan Giggs GASH ---- NO AMDY FAYE is GASH . NOW STOP IT MCS :-)

I like Utd - nothing wrong with the arrogance IMO every successful team has had that arrogance about them. That's why they're champions.

i think amdy faye's quite good. ;0)

i feel no affiliation with the Sky four. I don't want man utd to win this again and feed the premier league and english media arrogance. Remember when lyon's juninho scored a freekick and the commentators over here said... 'it looks like he's been watching cristiano ronaldo and getting some tips'? Stuff like that plus the arrogance of people like ferguson and the way the media is terrified of him makes me never really want to support the english teams in the CL. If there were some different english teams in it, like villa, then maybe i'd see it differently.
  • Options
    United for me.

Unlike the rest of the Sky Four they at least have a genuine core of English/British players (Neville, Evans, Ferdinand, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs, Rooney, Carrick and (if fit) Hargreaves) and they produce their own youngsters as well like Wellbeck and the kid who scored on the weekend.

They also play brilliant attacking football unlike the boring as batshit Chelsea and Liverpool, although Liverpool have been much better this year than they have in previous years.

If Barca were playing Chelsea or Arsenal I'd go for Barca.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2009
    No relevance to the match but I enjoyed reading this Man U vs Barca and English vs. Spanish leagues:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/may/26/champions-league-barcelona-manchester-united
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Draw.
    lol
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Man U for me.

I've gone past hating them now - I don't think they (the team rather than fans) have the arrogance that they has in the past (Keane, Neville, Ruud etc etc). They have a team of hard working, quality young professionals in my opinion.
    Gotta agree even Rononcio Ronaldo seems to be trying to actually play Football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]No relevance to the match but I enjoyed reading this Man U vs Barca and English vs. Spanish leagues:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/may/26/champions-league-barcelona-manchester-united

Interesting that we complain about a huge divide between the top 4 and the rest, when actually it seems fairer here than in Spain when it comes to dividing up the TV dosh.
  • Options
    Manchester United, mainly for the Fernando Torres song
  • Options
    Almost 100% neutral with a slight favour of Man U. I think it will be a fantastic game and hope to see another great final. Enjoy everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]any team that sings the Argentina songs or "that boy Ronaldo makes England look shite" which they do every single week is not getting my support over my dead body

There it is. As i said an 'Anti English Irish Wannabe Club'

[cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]'Scousers of Spain'?

WTF are you babbling about?

Leroy, i say the Scousers of Spain thing, cos they are similar, Catalans act as if they are a different Country to Spain!! Just like Scousers go around Europe saying 'were not English, Were Scousers!!

So i Hear anyway, lol!! Also coupled with the fact they have that god awful Palarse looking kit!! Red and blue should just be banned, simples!!
    Catalunya IS a separate country - or at least should be. Do yourself a favour and read up on the history of what we call 'Spain' and you'll understand. Catalunya, Euskadi (the Basque country) and - to a slightly lesser extent - Galicia, are as separate from the rest of Spain as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are from England. If it hadn't been for Franco they would have been independent nations by the fifties.

The Barca kit isn't and never has been red and blue stripes. It's always been blue and burgundy/claret, and is currently halves not stripes.

And please - please - don't compare Catalans to Scousers. It's like comparing Champagne with Tennents Extra
  • Options
    Has to be United. Barca's defence is their weak link at the best of times so with Alves and Abidal suspended and Marquez out injured, i think United will edge it.
  • Options
    I always support the English team in European matches.

Domestic rivalries and dislikes are one thing but in an international tournament you support your own in my opinion.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'm happy supporting any team that chants Argentina.
  • Options
    StanmoreAddick CommentTime14 hours ago quote# 6

BTW= Henry always looks smug but is a class act- one as a charlton fan i have been privileged to see live...

And very smart he looked too in his best cardigan :-)
  • Options
    mmmmmmmm I hate manchester the place more than any other place in England, i dislike united and there plastic fan arrogance that we see in the pub week in week out. People fighting at the Champions league semi in the pub who havent a clue. But for today i will ignore these types stay indoors and hope they win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I always support the English team in European matches.

Domestic rivalries and dislikes are one thing but in an international tournament you support your own in my opinion.

Normally true Len, but with Arsenal what is the difference between them or Barca? Arsenal have one Englishman, Walcott.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I always support the English team in European matches.

Normally true Len, but with Arsenal what is the difference between them or Barca? Arsenal have one Englishman, Walcott.

Still an English club and brings prestige to an English league.

That said I agree some teams have too many foreign players but that is one of the "benefits" of being in the EU. There is b***** all we can do about it whilst we remain members.
  • Options
    Man Utd for me, British club, simple, and to piss Platini off, admired him as a player, but he's turned into a snidey, jealous and petty muppet.

My only exceptions to that rule are celtic, and of course the nigels, if they ever got to european competition, so no worries there then!
  • Options
    could not care less which team won it unless it were Charlton or Rangers in it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite] Platini, but he's turned into a snidey, jealous and petty muppet.

100% agree with this E
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Still an English club and brings prestige to an English league.

That said I agree some teams have too many foreign players but that is one of the "benefits" of being in the EU. There is b***** all we can do about it whilst we remain members.

I understand what you are saying Len but in todays game I really don't consider Arsenal to be any more English than Barca, Madrid or Milan. Once Terry and Lampard go then Chelsea will be just the same with only a token Englishman to their name, one of the Cole's probably.

I look at these teamsheets sometimes (and especially Newcastle's) and really fear for the future of English football, and certainly the national team.
  • Options
    Not too fussed but hope its a good game. going to watch it round a man u fan's house on his birthday and he's supplying the food so would be a bit mean to cheer on the opposition.

makes absolutely no difference to me who wins but will cheer man u so he has a nice birthday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Not too fussed but hope its a good game. going to watch it round a man u fan's house on his birthday and he's supplying the food so would be a bit mean to cheer on the opposition.

makes absolutely no difference to me who wins but will cheer man u so he has a nice birthday.

Is that the guy who was on the Magic Bus to Derby?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Not too fussed but hope its a good game. going to watch it round a man u fan's house on his birthday and he's supplying the food so would be a bit mean to cheer on the opposition.

Is that the guy who was on the Magic Bus to Derby?

You mean the german fella with Buckshee?? He is welsh apparently!!
  • Options
    Yeah, him. German? Even for you Ollie that is some weird geography : - )
  • Options
    Man U................then watch Platini and Blatter's face as they hand the trophy over to yet another English team.........
  • Options
    Unless the top English teams go through a couple of seasons of European failure, the top 4 in this country will never change....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yeah, him. German? Even for you Ollie that is some weird geography : - )

thats him, and where did the german thing come from?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Unless the top English teams go through a couple of seasons of European failure, the top 4 in this country will never change....

Or unless Man City spend about another £200m