Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man United or Barcelona?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Where did rooney go in the second half?

What was with the timer and score thingy?

What a player Puyol was.
  • Options
    Ollie that is total ballcocks mate,this season alone Giggs has showed that he doesn't need pace anymore, IMHO i think he has played some of the best football of his career.I didn't see the match as was travelling on holiday,but I wanted Utd to win.All this anti utd plastic fan boll** really puzzles me.So it was ok for everyone to jump on the Liverpool bandwagon in the seventies and early eighties? Utd have been the best supported club in this country for 50 years,not just the past 20 years.Anyway rant over go get em on the golf course tomorrow mate rip it up.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited May 2009
    cheers steve i shall rip em all over the shop on that golf course!! I have the added advantage of playing there before too!! Ha

Giggs is rubbish, never seen him have a good game, i'd rather have amdy faye.

Edit to say have a great time out there steve
  • Options
    cheers mate jet lagged went to be 8.30pm there time 1.30am uk up at 4.00 am there time cant feckin sleep at least i get to check at charltonlife while the mrs is asleep she would not be impressed ;-)
  • Options
    That jet lagg ruins me, hope you get some sleep soon mate.
  • Options
    Read some of Henry Irvings posts mate should get you off alright
  • Options
    Iniesta and Xavi are the reasons why you can't really look beyond Spain for the World Cup next year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Haha giggs was toilet, anderson was toilet, carrick (as usual) was toilet, o shae was toilet.

Lol mugs

Tell u what anyone would have looked shite against Iniesta and Xavi last night they were out of this world especially Iniesta who was just simply wonderful what a genius of a player. He was untouchable I don't think a midfielder in world football could ahve lived with him last night.

for the last few weeks a lot of people have been saying 'barcelona only look good in spain and score so many goals because it's a weak league. Put them up against a good english team and blah blah blah'. Not hearing that anymore.

Iniesta seems have come out of no where to be an amazing player. I always thought he was good but he has been unbelievable since euro 2008.
  • Options
    Sorry bb but as soon as that iniesta played for barca he was awesome. I thought he was there best player as soon as he broke into that team. Truly a wonderful player.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i don't mean he wasn't great before, wasn't he one of the reasons fabregas left barcelona because he wasn't expected to get ahead of xavi and iniesta? But his profile and reputation seem to have gone up loads. Rooney said he was the best player in the world last night. He's really getting the recognition now.

Maybe it's just with people like me who get their knowledge from sky, that he's finally appreciated!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I think Iniesta is as good as Messi. I love Xavi as well - always have - but its telling that Barca cope much better when Xavi's injured than when Iniesta is.

I can't think of a better midfield pair that I've ever seen. Not saying that both of them are individually the best midfielders ever - but as a pairing they are absolutely unplayable.

Of course, it helps to have a forward three of Messi, Eto'o and Henry - it gives them the space they need to operate - but at times their passing between each other is mesmerising and must be an absolute joy for the neutral to watch.

Special mention last night to Busquets. He isn't the best player in the team by any stretch - but he did the job that Yaya usually does really well last night, and was a big part of the reason that the Barca defence wasn't tested as much as it should have been.
  • Options
    Xavi and iniesta are among th ebest players in the world, no question. But iniesta just has the edge for me, think he is wonderful player.
  • Options
    I wanted Man U to win as I said above.

It was worth Barca winning though to hear my daughter tell her plastic Man U "supporting" boyfriend that now he had some idea of how proper fans who actually go and watch their teams feel! He has taken the mick out of her all season for bothering to go and watch Charlton!
  • Options
    For once the best team in Europe won - which doesn't always happen in the CL and if it puts one over on Real Madrid fans so much the better...
  • Options
    Barca were great but, to be truthful, I thought United's tactics and team selection were all wrong.

How can you have Ronaldo, the best wide player in the world, playing up front and a wrecking ball like Rooney marooned on the left-hand side? All this while Tevez is on the bench?

I thought Fergie was too cautious in his line-up and should have gone 4-4-2 with Rooney and Tevez up top and Ronaldo wide-left or right. Playing Ronaldo up front left him isolated and unable to surge from deep.
  • Options
    I'm reading the paper, no tears in my eyes, United have lost, the team I despise
    They went off to Rome, Barcelona to play and came back with nothing, lost 2 nil, on the day

Who was it caused the loss and the shame? An Argentinian forward, Messi his name
    He sure was the star, that shone out on the night, helped by United's, most lacklustre fight.

The quality difference was ever so stark, Ji Sung was withdrawn, he'd been played off the Park.
    Iniesta and Xavi were a formidable pair, with United's midfield left chasing thin air.

So where was Berbatov the star of the reds, He was sat in the stands with his hands on his head
    Next to him Tevez looking so glum, Ferguson dropped him, mistake number one.

Giggs could not cross, not unusual you might say But even Ronaldo last night did not play
    On came Scholes, could he make an impact, no he didn't have the legs, he's too old that's a fact.

In London, its great, imagine the scene, Cockneys are crying for a Manchester team
    The nearest they've been to an Old Trafford seat, is a Boddingtons ad, during Coronation Street.

Some people will think I'm a sad bitter blue But the smile on my face, shows this statements untrue,
    So a toast, here's to Barca, raise my glass full of beer, if Ronaldo now leaves, you'll win nothing next year!!!!
  • Options
    Its Poetry Week on the BBC, and on CL.
  • Options
    by the way, how shite was Michael Carrick?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]by the way, how shite was Michael Carrick?

Most over rated player in the premier league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]by the way, how shite was Michael Carrick?

Most over rated player in the premier league.

Agreed, apart from giggs.