Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man United or Barcelona?

Comments

• Options
    i won't mind either way but lean towards Barca as Henry is such a great player it would be a shame if he never won the comp in his career and this may be his last chance.
  • Options
    ronaldo and 1-0 is 45/1 at willy's, can't go wrong with a £1
  • Options
    UTD to win i hope
  • Options
    I will support the English team - I always do.

I know a couple of proper united fans (they do exist); although I hate all big 4 plastics with a passion, they are a good team and deserve their success.

Pissing of Platini is a big plus that I didn't think about!

I do like Barca, though. And yes, Cataluna IS a separate country.
  • Options
    Do they have their own international football team or is it a fake country like Monaco?
  • Options
    Monaco is a principality as is Wales.

Catalonia, I think, would like to be a sepearte country though on a mpa of Europe are clearly not.
  • Options
    I support one English team only and England. I have no more affinity to any other English teams than I do Barca. An English team winning this and gaining the financial rewards can only widen the gap in this Country, harming my teams chances even more.

And I don't understand the patriotic argument because:

A club owned by Yanks, managed by a jock (and a c**t of one as well), supported by a healty contingent of Irish, with a well known anti-england sentiment within their support, who ditched the ENGLISH FA Cup for the world club cup.
    Rooney, who stuck two fingers up at ENGLANDS travelling support in Croatia, Neville who tried to get his ENGLAND team mates to boycott playing for England. Teves an argentinian!!!!

That said if they were playing celtic or a turkish team I would probably favour them.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]Monaco is a principality as is Wales.

Try telling Welsh people that they're 'English'
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]Catalonia, I think, would like to be a sepearte country though on a mpa of Europe are clearly not.

Catalunya (not Catalonia) has been a separate nation at various points in its history. The Spanish civil war put paid to any autonomy for Catalunya - though the vast majority of Catalans still consider themselves a separate nation and most would like to be independent from Spain. Thousands of people died in the civil war for (amongst other things) autonomy for Catalunya.
  • Options
    Utd for me
  • Options
    *CLICHE ALERT*

I would like football to be the winner tonight.

A nice 4-4 draw after extra time followed by sudden death victory on penalties to either side.

Its got the potential to be a great game so hopefully it will live up to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do they have their own international football team or is it a fake country like Monaco?

Does that mean the Vatican can join the Euros & World Cup then?

Then again, their keeper is no longer with us.
  • Options
    Gone for the draw @23/10 and United Extra time @ 11/1

25 quid on each (one was a free bet)
  • Options
    I won £125 in the 99 final, £5 bet, Bayern half time, Man Utd full time, 25-1, when they equalised didnt think they had enough time for the winner, boy was I pleased.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do they have their own international football team or is it a fake country like Monaco?
    Yes - but FIFA and UEFA won't let them compete in international matches (like Gibraltar, Monaco etc) because they aren't recognised as independent countries. This hasn't stopped Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland from doing so but that doesn't seem important to FIFA or UEFA
  • Options
    I'd don't mind United, it's just their plastics i can't stand... you can gurantee pubs across the South East will be packed with them.
  • Options
    Both pretty arrogant, so dont really care to be honest.

United should do them imho.

Anyway I'm too busy enjoying Gary Alexander's miss on Sky+.
  • Options
    See every man and his dog in the media is banging on about this being the best game in history.So expect nearly two hours of tripe with a single winning goal going in off of somebodys backside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]
    A club owned by Yanks, managed by a jock (and a c**t of one as well)....

Why is he a c**t? I thought he used to play for Rangers.
  • Options
    And over 25% of Rangers was owner by a Yank!
  • Options
    Man.u to win 2-1
    1st scorer Vidic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happens if the ball hits the over-the-pitch moving camera ?
    Has this ever happened ?(might have done with Andy Peakes "rocket" shots).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Man.u to win 2-1
    1st scorer Vidic.

wrong

eto 1 nil
  • Options
    lucky i had no money on it !!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Man U were rubbish in the end. Barcelona worthy winners. Goodnight.
  • Options
    A very satisfying result.
  • Options
    Haha giggs was toilet, anderson was toilet, carrick (as usual) was toilet, o shae was toilet.

Lol mugs
  • Options
    How fitting that after all the argie chanting, it was an argie that finished them off.

And just for them

He plays on the left
    He plays on the righhttttttt
    That boy Messi, made man u look shite!!!!!!
  • Options
    What were the odds on United being bent over and being taught a footballing lesson by Barca???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Haha giggs was toilet, anderson was toilet, carrick (as usual) was toilet, o shae was toilet.

Lol mugs

Tell u what anyone would have looked shite against Iniesta and Xavi last night they were out of this world especially Iniesta who was just simply wonderful what a genius of a player. He was untouchable I don't think a midfielder in world football could ahve lived with him last night.
  • Options
    Yeah Iniesta, now thats a player, who is thrice the player bryan 'i am welsh' Giggs will ever be.

Giggs, last night was pony, old, overrated and fergie fecked up playing him instead of some who aint an old washed up ugly eyes too close together crap left winger!! Oh and Carrick, shocking player.