Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*****Official ICC 20/20 World Cup Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Right is it my imagination or did i catch a fielder running off the field jumping in the air throwing the ball back in play last night?? Did it count as a 6 or just runs.

Only caught a snippett on sky with no sound

Not only that, but he hit the stumps with the throw in.
  • Options
    Well according to the rules it's perfectly legal:

3. Scoring a boundary
    (a) A boundary shall be scored and signalled by the umpire at the bowler's end whenever, while the ball is in play, in his opinion
    (i) the ball touches the boundary, or is grounded beyond the boundary.
    (ii) a fielder, with some part of his person in contact with the ball, touches the boundary or has some part of his person grounded beyond the boundary.

(b) The phrases 'touches the boundary' and 'touching the boundary' shall mean contact with
    either (i) the boundary edge as defined in 2 above
    or (ii) any person or obstacle within the field of play which has been designated a boundary by the umpires before the toss.

(c) The phrase 'grounded beyond the boundary' shall mean contact with
    either (i) any part of a line or a solid object marking the boundary, except its boundary edge
    or (ii) the ground outside the boundary edge
    or (iii) any object in contact with the ground outside the boundary edge.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    England are 4-1 after 1.2 overs. Bopara playing on to a slower ball from Dale Steyn.
  • Options
    Make that 4-2 off 1.5. Luke Wright caught behind off Parnell.
  • Options
    25-3 KP gone...oh dear :(
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Malinga's action may not be aesthetically pleasing but it is legal

http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-crickeLaw 24 (No ball)

part 3 is the relevant bit

I can't make the link work so have copied and pasted Law 24

1. Mode of delivery
    (a) The umpire shall ascertain whether the bowler intends to bowl right handed or left handed, over or round the wicket, and shall so inform the striker.

It is unfair if the bowler fails to notify the umpire of a change in his mode of delivery. In this case the umpire shall call and signal No ball.

(b) Underarm bowling shall not be permitted except by special agreement before the match.

2. Fair delivery - the arm
    For a delivery to be fair in respect of the arm the ball must not be thrown. See 3 below.
    Although it is the primary responsibility of the striker's end umpire to ensure the fairness of a delivery in this respect, there is nothing in this Law to debar the bowler's end umpire from calling and signalling No ball if he considers that the ball has been thrown.

(a) If, in the opinion of either umpire, the ball has been thrown, he shall
    (i) call and signal No ball.
    (ii) caution the bowler, when the ball is dead. This caution shall apply throughout the innings.
    (iii) inform the other umpire, the batsmen at the wicket, the captain of the fielding side and, as soon as practicable, the captain of the batting side of what has occurred.

(b) If either umpire considers that after such caution a further delivery by the same bowler in that innings is thrown, the umpire concerned shall repeat the procedure set out in (a) above, indicating to the bowler that this is a final warning. This warning shall also apply throughout the innings.

(c) If either umpire considers that a further delivery by the same bowler in that innings is thrown,
    (i) the umpire concerned shall call and signal No ball. When the ball is dead he shall inform the other umpire, the batsmen at the wicket and, as soon as practicable, the captain of the batting side of what has occurred.
    (ii) the umpire at the bowler's end shall direct the captain of the fielding side to take the bowler off forthwith. The over shall be completed by another bowler, who shall neither have bowled the previous over nor be allowed to bowl the next over.
    The bowler thus taken off shall not bowl again in that innings.
    (iii) the umpires together shall report the occurrence as soon as possible to the Executive of the fielding side and any Governing Body responsible for the match, who shall take such action as is considered appropriate against the captain and bowler concerned.

3. Definition of fair delivery - the arm
    A ball is fairly delivered in respect of the arm if, once the bowler's arm has reached the level of the shoulder in the delivery swing, the elbow joint is not straightened partially or completely from that point until the ball has left the hand. This definition shall not debar a bowler from flexing or rotating the wrist in the delivery swing.

t/laws/law-24-no-ball,50,AR.html
  • Options
    what an anticlimax this england game is.
  • Options
    This is absolutely f***ing pathetic. Someone needs to grip these two twats and tell them its a twenty20 game - not the first day of a f***ing test
  • Options
    i think shah heard you, leroy. Six!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i think shah heard you, leroy. Six!
    Aye - off a rank full toss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a bit more like it - give it some f***ing welly
  • Options
    England are being outclassed...

:-(
  • Options
    Shah was batting like Chris Tavere, and as soon as the crowd gave him some, he turned into Chris Gayle.

Not enough runs on the board. SA 35 - 1 off 8 overs.
  • Options
    S.A. need 13 off 24balls.
    but they've only got 8 wickets left.
  • Options
    Told you Cricket is a stupid game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Shah was batting like Chris Tavere, and as soon as the crowd gave him some, he turned into Chris Gayle.

Not enough runs on the board. SA 35 - 1 off 8 overs.
    More like Jim Tavare
  • Options
    We must be the only country that stands and blocks and plays defensive shots in a 20/20 match. And also allowing Morkel to bowl the first (and probably the only) maiden over of the tournament. Absolutely pathetic performance!
  • Options
    South Africa (and perhaps India?) most be the favs to win it.

I listened to talksport's commentary, Darren Gough was on great form! '82 for 7, that sounds like a packet of penguins at the supermarket!'
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    just watching Pakistan v Sri Lanka - should be lively

1st over went for 19 runs. the pakistan bowler was shocking 1 wide 2 no balls - so 3 free hits.
    *** make that 3 wides***
  • Options
    If I have not posted it yet on this Thread England are truly a shocking team, still it's a crap sport anyway better being crap at Cricket rather than Football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off to the Oval tomorrow South Africa v W.Indies and NZ v Pakistan :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Off to the Oval tomorrow South Africa v W.Indies and NZ v Pakistan :)

Who you supporting ?
    ;-)

India 153-7
    W.I. 13-1 off 2.2overs.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Pakistan - The equivilant to Italy in Football World Cups?
  • Options
    South Africa are the equivalent of Brazil - in 1970.
  • Options
    Scotland - The equivalent of Scotland in Football World Cup, going home after the first round.
  • Options
    got me hooked tghis 20 20 ilarke is great
  • Options
    Come on England.
  • Options
    Just over 3 a ball indeed, but a spinner...We could quite easily lose this!
  • Options
    Start the Car!!!
  • Options
    Get in.