Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England game....

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It's free to get in and it looks like there's hardly anyone there!

according to the commentator there's about 10k in there.
    must be in the stand you can't see.
  • Options
    "Grobolar misses penalty" ?
    Do think He took a bung ?
  • Options

Cheers link didnt work but went to bbc and much better quality....although when volumes on sounds like there are alot of bees there!
  • Options
    Them poxy Vuvuzela's or whatever they are called are gonna drive me mad. should be banned.
  • Options
    Was a specially invited crowd of local school children, orphans etc. 9-10k in total, think capacity is 15k-ish?

VG - those vuvuzela's are ridiculous, driving me mad, 4 weeks of them to come. How on earth does anyone think they add to the atmosphere and occasion? Huddersfield do them as well, along with their annoying drummer, awful.
  • Options
    our saviour is on.....Heskey expect alot of goals from him ;o)
  • Options
    Rob Green, Jamie Carragher, Michael Dawson, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock, Aaron Lennon, Michael Carrick, James Milner,Joe Cole, Emile Heskey and Wayne Rooney.

second half team only Joe Cole survives
  • Options
    Heskey just missed an easy header!
  • Options
    Semedo is reffing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Heskey just missed an easy header!

I am truly shocked! never thought anyone as clinical as him would miss anything easy ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Press Red now for Vuvuzela free coverage
  • Options
    Heskey is just beyond belief.
  • Options
    Worst player out there is Michael Carrick, closely followed by Stephen Wanock.

Heskey has been ok
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Press Red now for Vuvuzela free coverage

the world cup ceo said that they get banned as soon as one lands on the pitch....

anyone going to a game and willing to do it at risk of being thrown out, for a large fee?
  • Options
    Great finish from Wayne
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What's the score? I'm guessing 2-0 at least!
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    Finished 3-0. Defoe, Joe Cole and Rooney.
  • Options
    Ok, team to start vs USA:

Green

Johnson
    Terry
    King
    A. Cole

Lennon
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    J.Cole

Rooney
    Heskey

As Nolly says, discuss
  • Options
    I would play Gerrard just off Rooney, with Milner in centre midfield. I'd send Heskey home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Ok, team to start vs USA:

Green

Johnson
    Terry
    King
    A. Cole

Lennon
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    J.Cole

Rooney
    Heskey

As Nolly says, discuss[/quote]

No discussion needed, agreed! Or swap Crouch for Heskey.

Somehow Heskey creates things for others and causes problems. Don't expect him to score, but he will create things and looks better at doing that than Crouch.

If only we had a player of the quality of Shearer/Sheringham/Ferdinand!
  • Options
    mate are you aware that there are Millwall sites ? and i dont mean fat chavy twats with "we fear no foe" tee shirts .
  • Options
    For the first time in ages (mainly cos I haven't seen him play for ages), Heskey actually looked dangerous to me. I'd play him, because I think in Onyewu, America have a big physical centre back, and so at least if we play Heskey, it allows either Rooney to be marked by a less physical defender, hopefully allowing Rooney to dominate his marker (if Onyewu is marking Heskey), or gives us an advantage with Heskey physically dominating the other centre back which should provide plenty of knock-downs for the on rushing midfielders (if Onyewu is marking Rooney).

Agree with your team Cookie, though Lennon blows hot and cold for me, but seeing as we have no other options (Wright Phillips cannot start imo) we shall have to go with him and hope he's hot.
  • Options
    Sparrows the only problems Hesky has caused so far is taking out the England captain. I still dont see how we can have an international forward playing in the world cup and people are willing to say "dont expect him to score". Christ if it was a defender i could except that maybe at a push a midfielder but a bloody forward no no no.
  • Options
    I'm with Capello and think Heskey will cause problems.Don't need him to score too many if Rooney,Gerrard,Lampard pull their fingers out.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Sparrows the only problems Hesky has caused so far is taking out the England captain. I still dont see how we can have an international forward playing in the world cup and people are willing to say "dont expect him to score". Christ if it was a defender i could except that maybe at a push a midfielder but a bloody forward no no no.[/quote]

Caused a bit more than that in the game I was watching, albeit the opposition is poor. He somehow seems to bring more out of players when he plays for England, more so than Crouch, who looked pretty woeful. Don't think Defoe & Rooney work well. The other option is Gerrard off Rooney, but then you're asking Rooney to play more central and further up which limits his game. I've always held the same view as you hold as well, just don't see much other options except for a formation change.

Sven & Capello didn't seem to mind him not scoring, they get paid more than me or you!
  • Options
    I liked this post on another forum;
    7 goals for England in 58 caps.

OK...not exactly Michael Owen like, but before you jump ton conclusions, lets see when he scored these goals.

3 June 2000 Malta 2–1 Friendly
    28 February 2001 Spain 3–0 Friendly
    1 September 2001 Munich, Germany Germany 5–1 2002 FIFA World Cup qualification - he scored the fifth
    15 June 2002 Denmark 3–0 2002 FIFA World Cup
    22 May 2003 Durban, South Africa South Africa 2–1 Friendly
    28 March 2009 Slovakia 4–0 Friendly
    6 June 2009 Kazakhstan 4–0 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification

riiiiight....so 4 of his 7 goals came from friendlies, 1 came against Kazakhstan, and another at the end of a drubbing. yikes!

Lets not let that fool you though, because Emile brings so much more to the plate. You may not have heard this little gem, but Wayne Rooney scored 9 of his last 10 goals for England whilst playing beside Emile! Freak accident? Hardly.

Lets take a look at these games.

12 October 2008 Kazakhstan 5–1
    15 October 2008 Belarus 3–1
    28 March 2009 Slovakia 4–0
    6 June 2009 Kazakhstan 4–0
    10 June 2009 Andorra 6–0
    10 June 2009 Andorra 6–0
    9 September 2009 Croatia 5–1

I think we all know Rooney wouldn't have had a hope in hell of scoring against the might of Andorra and Kazakhstan without big Emile playing beside him.

Bring on your Spains, Brazils and Argentinas
  • Options
    edited June 2010
                        James                 

Johnson     Terry      King     A Cole

Lampard           Barry         

Lennon                            J Cole

Gerrard                         

Rooney             
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I liked this post on another forum;
    7 goals for England in 58 caps.

OK...not exactly Michael Owen like, but before you jump ton conclusions, lets see when he scored these goals.

3 June 2000 Malta 2–1 Friendly
    28 February 2001 Spain 3–0 Friendly
    1 September 2001 Munich, Germany Germany 5–1 2002 FIFA World Cup qualification - he scored the fifth
    15 June 2002 Denmark 3–0 2002 FIFA World Cup
    22 May 2003 Durban, South Africa South Africa 2–1 Friendly
    28 March 2009 Slovakia 4–0 Friendly
    6 June 2009 Kazakhstan 4–0 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification

riiiiight....so 4 of his 7 goals came from friendlies, 1 came against Kazakhstan, and another at the end of a drubbing. yikes!

Lets not let that fool you though, because Emile brings so much more to the plate. You may not have heard this little gem, but Wayne Rooney scored 9 of his last 10 goals for England whilst playing beside Emile! Freak accident? Hardly.

Lets take a look at these games.

12 October 2008 Kazakhstan 5–1
    6 June 2009 Kazakhstan 4–0
    10 June 2009 Andorra 6–0
    10 June 2009 Andorra 6–0
    9 September 2009 Croatia 5–1

I think we all know Rooney wouldn't have had a hope in hell of scoring against the might of Andorra and Kazakhstan without big Emile playing beside him.

Bring on your Spains, Brazils and Argentinas

EDIT: WHOOSH ALERT

Yes, Rooney scored a lot of goals in those games. However, who is to say we wouldn't have scored even more with someone else up front alongside Rooney? Of course Rooney ends up scoring loads, because Heskey doesn't score ANY! Why would you ever try and put Heskey in a goalscoring chance when 51 times out of 58 he's going to miss it. He is absolute toilet.

And claiming "Freak accident? Hardly." isn't really a conclusive argument in favour of Emile actually doing anything.
  • Options
    I think you've missed the point dabos...