Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England game....

13»

Comments

• Options
    THE FOOTBALL PEDIGREE CHART:-

Keyboard warrior geeks and twonks that ring up radio phone ins:
    Won conference and fourth division back to back with maidstone on championship manager 1993.

Fabio Capello:
    Coach
    Milan:
    Serie A (4): 1991-92, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96
    Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1993-94
    European Super Cup (1): 1994
    Roma:
    Serie A (1): 2000-01
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001
    Juventus:
    Serie A (2): 2004-05, 2005-06
    Real Madrid
    La Liga (2): 1996-97, 2006-07.

If Capello fancies Hesky then so do i !
  • Options
    score a frigging goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I think you've missed the point dabos...

I am such a douche. Never has "whoosh" been more appropriate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]score a frigging goal

Or set 4 or 5 up.
  • Options
    28kmw7d.jpg
  • Options
    Fair enough JT.But where did villa finish in the league? All while ' carrying ' Heskey.
  • Options
    like i said score a goal. he is a striker after all.
  • Options
    So proof even Heskey has created more than Darren Bent ;-) Ahem.
  • Options
    Im gonna use the CL favourite David Mooney excuse for Heskey.

''He may not score many but he creates space for others around him blah blah blah........''
  • Options
    So Heskey needs 2.66 shots per goal.
    Bent needs 2.29 shots per goal.

If Heskey had had 55 shots last season he would've scored 21 goals this year.
    If Bent had had 8 shots on target he would've scored 3 goals this year.

Not a big difference between the two then really..... ;-)

except Heskey averages 1 shot every 3.8 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Sparrows the only problems Hesky has caused so far is taking out the England captain. I still dont see how we can have an international forward playing in the world cup and people are willing to say "dont expect him to score". Christ if it was a defender i could except that maybe at a push a midfielder but a bloody forward no no no.

Caused a bit more than that in the game I was watching, albeit the opposition is poor. He somehow seems to bring more out of players when he plays for England, more so than Crouch, who looked pretty woeful. Don't think Defoe & Rooney work well. The other option is Gerrard off Rooney, but then you're asking Rooney to play more central and further up which limits his game. I've always held the same view as you hold as well, just don't see much other options except for a formation change.

Sven & Capello didn't seem to mind him not scoring, they get paid more than me or you!

Yes Sven did play him didn't he. Now do you want to tell me what we won under Sven and Heskey?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]THE FOOTBALL PEDIGREE CHART:-

Keyboard warrior geeks and twonks that ring up radio phone ins:
    Won conference and fourth division back to back with maidstone on championship manager 1993.

Fabio Capello:
    Coach
    Milan:
    Serie A (4): 1991-92, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96
    Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1993-94
    European Super Cup (1): 1994
    Roma:
    Serie A (1): 2000-01
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001
    Juventus:
    Serie A (2): 2004-05, 2005-06
    Real Madrid
    La Liga (2): 1996-97, 2006-07.

If Capello fancies Hesky then so do i !

I dont particularly rate Heskey but CB's post above is exactly how i feel. Trust Capello 100%. Plus, i get the feeling as we progress Capello is likely to go 1 up top anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Sparrows the only problems Hesky has caused so far is taking out the England captain. I still dont see how we can have an international forward playing in the world cup and people are willing to say "dont expect him to score". Christ if it was a defender i could except that maybe at a push a midfielder but a bloody forward no no no.

Caused a bit more than that in the game I was watching, albeit the opposition is poor. He somehow seems to bring more out of players when he plays for England, more so than Crouch, who looked pretty woeful. Don't think Defoe & Rooney work well. The other option is Gerrard off Rooney, but then you're asking Rooney to play more central and further up which limits his game. I've always held the same view as you hold as well, just don't see much other options except for a formation change.

Sven & Capello didn't seem to mind him not scoring, they get paid more than me or you!

Yes Sven did play him didn't he. Now do you want to tell me what we won under Sven and Heskey?

Nah it's alright fella, don't need you to tell me anything, but perhaps Capello would appreciate your advice.
  • Options
    Look.Capello's not stupid.He realises that his only real world class striker is Rooney.So it's all about making Rooney as comfortable as possible.
    He was one of the premier leagues top scorers last season and that was playing next to someone who scored nowhere near as many, but ,did allow him to play to his full potential. Berbatov.
    The press and some Man u fans slagged him off,but ask Rooney who his preferred partner would be and he'd say Berbatov in a heartbeat.
    History shows us that playing the two highest scoring English players together never ever works as they just never seem to gel.I know Heskey is no Berbatov but he's the only piece that will fit in the jigsaw.
  • Options
    I think we'll get away with 442 through the groups and the 2nd round with Crouch or Heskey up front.

But for the bigger games i'd go with:

----------------Green-----------------

Johnson---King----Terry-------Cole

---------------Barry------------------

Lennon-----Lampard--------J. Cole

----------Gerrard---------------------

------------------Rooney-------------

Gerrard has proved time and again his best position is playing off a central striker (Torres) so it's about time we played to his strengths.
  • Options
    I agree with that Chris, but we may get found out on the wings. The 4 wide players there are very attacking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Look.Capello's not stupid.He realises that his only real world class striker is Rooney.So it's all about making Rooney as comfortable as possible.
    He was one of the premier leagues top scorers last season and that was playing next to someone who scored nowhere near as many, but ,did allow him to play to his full potential. Berbatov.
    The press and some Man u fans slagged him off,but ask Rooney who his preferred partner would be and he'd say Berbatov in a heartbeat.
    History shows us that playing the two highest scoring English players together never ever works as they just never seem to gel.I know Heskey is no Berbatov but he's the only piece that will fit in the jigsaw.

In a lot of games Utd played 433 with Nani and Valencia wide, supporting Rooney who was central. In the bigger games Berbatov was on the bench.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I agree with that Chris, but we may get found out on the wings. The 4 wide players there are very attacking.

True but attacking full backs never did Brazil any harm!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I agree with that Chris, but we may get found out on the wings. The 4 wide players there are very attacking.

True but attacking full backs never did Brazil any harm!

And being too defensive has been our major flaw in recent tournaments, hence why we usually found ourselves losing on penalties or getting beaten by 10 man Brazil. We should go for it this year and produce some of the free scoring we showed in qualification.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Press Red now for Vuvuzela free coverage

In the World Cup will there be an option so you can only hear the vuvuzelas? I prefer them to the commentary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]So proof even Heskey has created more than Darren Bent ;-) Ahem.

In the Premierleague.com fantasy game it has Bent with 3 assists in 1 game against Wolves, so he can create more in 1 game than Heskey can in 31 :)
  • Options
    I think we all know Darren Bent is a better finisher than Heskey but those stats are misleading. For a start of those 31 appearances Heskey only started 16 of them, whereas every one of Bent's 38 games was a starting appearance.
  • Options
    Darren Bent is a better finisher than Heskey, but he hasn't taken any of the chances that he's been given at international level and that is why Don Fabio has left him at home.
  • Options
    Heskey is our secret weapon. The plan is, he is going to fall on top of as many opposition players as he can - thus rendering our opponents with a catalogue of injuries.