Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the best frontman ever ?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]must be getting old........

What do you mean, must be?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Tom Meighan of Kasabian is doing a good job of chasing up on Gallaghers tail

Keith Flint has to be seen to be believed

For my generation it's Liam Gallagher[/quote]

good shout!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]Michael Monroe

When she sang happy birthday mr president was the best! ;-)
  • Options
    clive mendonca ;)
  • Options
    too many to choose from but i'd say Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury and Ian Curtis are all worthy of a mention
  • Options
    Mick Jagger

Iggy Pop

Larry Love
  • Options
    Peter Gabriel or Robert Plant. Both absolute legends.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]must be getting old........
    Mike Parren ?
    Michael Munroe ? El-vis ?

Glenn Miller
  • Options
    Debbie Harry Anyone?

Ricky Wilson- Kaiser Chiefs

Also Brenden Flowers is a good shout

Matt Bellamy- Muse
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Debbie Harry Anyone?

Frontman?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alice Cooper ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Debbie Harry Anyone?

Frontman?

Ok fair enough although now days she does look like a man :)
  • Options
    Thai malaysia addick: (I still don't know how to 'quote' properly) Yes my mum always listened to 'Sing Something Simple' on a Sunday around 6.30 p.m 'with Jack Emblow at the organ'! Funnily enough he was mentioned on the wireless recently, it seems he (Adams) wrote dozens of ad. jingles, the most famous being 'For mash get Smash' and 'The Lady Loves Milk Tray',
    Frontman: Marty Wilde and Joe Brown on their R&R revival shows: can't beat the old 'uns!
  • Options
    Well Mick Jagger maybe is perhaps the best showman. But in terms of everything it's very difficult to look past Freddie Mercury.
  • Options
    Hot Rod in his Faces days was pretty cool.

I'd go for John Lennon. Stuff McCartney.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Thai malaysia addick: (I still don't know how to 'quote' properly) Yes my mum always listened to 'Sing Something Simple' on a Sunday around 6.30 p.m 'with Jack Emblow at the organ'! Funnily enough he was mentioned on the wireless recently, it seems he (Adams) wrote dozens of ad. jingles, the most famous being 'For mash get Smash' and 'The Lady Loves Milk Tray',
    Frontman: Marty Wilde and Joe Brown on their R&R revival shows: can't beat the old 'uns!

Jack Emblow - what a memory, you have, March. My Dad was a fanatic of Sing Something Simple - it was one time of the week we had to be quiet as kids
  • Options
    Joe Strummer, Ian Dury, Morrissey, Fran Healy, Alex Kapranos, Paul Weller, Derek Hales and Clive Mendonca. All angles covered.
  • Options
    george michael
  • Options
    Liam is superb, Tom for Kas is a good shout too. Always been brilliant when I have seen them live and of course SIR CLIVE
  • Options
    Liam Gallagher is a poor pastiche, just a pathetic rip off of Madchester. Cause his style wasn't his own and his music the start of British pop fully living in the past he maintained the most anal stage persona. Compared to Ian Brown and Shaun Ryder in their day he has absolute nothing of interest.

I'd have to go with joe Strummer as well. Anger & intelligence isn't an easy thing to do. Personally I love Eddie van Halen to, it might be the precursor to the worst hair metal period but his energy and the pop... if it inspired American pilots to bomb the shit out of the Republican Guard it's good enough for me. Love Mike Statton as well. The other one whose genre defining and hugely more powerful than shitttttttttttteeeeeee like Liam is Chuck D. James Brown and Sly Stone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, no, no

You're missing the point of Liam Gallagher. Ian Brown did the monkey man stuff but his band (while they were a fantastic band) are not in the same league as Oasis, and that I reckon inspired the guy. Tim Burgess from the Charlatans does a similar thing, but Oasis are a generation defining band and watching the bloke at the front of it leaning back spitting almost the lyrics out is a sight to behold.
  • Options
    Good call carter, oasis got me into proper music and inspired me to listen to the roses etc, add to oasis that noel gallagher is a true genius and there u have it. Anyone get the noel gallagher live cd with the times a few months back? Truly fantastic.
  • Options
    Little Richard, Elvis, James Brown and Jimi

The rest are just copying them.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    W Axl Rose

Liam Gallagher

MIck Jagger

John Lennon

Mike Skinner

cant split em
  • Options
    Viv Stanshall - The Bonzo Dogs Doo Dah Band.
  • Options
    Freddie Mercury is hard to beat.

Otherwise how about Kele Okereke from these days?
  • Options
    Bing Crosby, Frank, & Bo Diddley everything after that.

Oops meant to say Dave Lee Roth. Doh!

Erm no I'm not missing the point on Liam Gallagher. The Stone Roses had more genius and innovation in one of their songs than the whole of Oasis' back-catalogue, a far superior band and frontman. Oasis had amazing energy when they started, so exciting to see but before you new it they were an ersatz Beatles, an ersatz Madchester band and bunch of bleedin heart balladeers. They didn't define anything 'cept a entrance into an era of pop where indie was achingly boring and stuck stuck stuck in the past. So yeah I suppose they did define a generation who had nothing new to say or add. For god's sake they've been playing mid era Beatles codswallop for longer than the Beatles lasted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]
    Erm no I'm not missing the point on Liam Gallagher. The Stone Roses had more genius and innovation in one of their songs than the whole of Oasis' back-catalogue, a far superior band and frontman. Oasis had amazing energy when they started, so exciting to see but before you new it they were an ersatz Beatles, an ersatz Madchester band

Very good points
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite] The Stone Roses had more genius and innovation in one of their songs than the whole of Oasis' back-catalogue, a far superior band and frontman.
    I agree, other then a couple of good songs I never understood the fuss about Oasis.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I never understood the fuss about Oasis.

Agreed.

Oasis/Beatles, all sound the same to me. Boring, over-hyped rubbish IMO!

Liam Gallagher is an awful vocalist. Noel is clearly the talented one in that family.

As for a frontman in terms of all 'round talent and entertainment it has to be Dave Grohl. My music hero. Supremely talented musician/songwriter/performer, and not just with the Foos either.