Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the best frontman ever ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Erm no I'm not missing the point on Liam Gallagher. The Stone Roses had more genius and innovation in one of their songs than the whole of Oasis' back-catalogue, a far superior band and frontman. Oasis had amazing energy when they started, so exciting to see but before you new it they were an ersatz Beatles, an ersatz Madchester band and bunch of bleedin heart balladeers. They didn't define anything 'cept a entrance into an era of pop where indie was achingly boring and stuck stuck stuck in the past. So yeah I suppose they did define a generation who had nothing new to say or add. For god's sake they've been playing mid era Beatles codswallop for longer than the Beatles lasted.

what colin says
  • Options
    Mark E Smith (out of The Fall) - a cantankerous old git but you can't take your eyes off him.
  • Options
    Joey Ramone. End of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Joey Ramone. End of.

Wasnt that April 15, 2001?
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I've already told you the answer to this poser:

THE BOSS

FACT

As you all will see this summer.
  • Options
    Tom Petty is one of the best, especially after seeing him in a small Chicago venue
  • Options
    Chandrasonic
  • Options
    Rick Witter
  • Options
    Morrissey.

Have seen most of the above, but he has the best stage presence by far and none of the others can touch him live.

Went to see his 50th birthday gig at Manchester and he was genuinely brillaint.

Took along some girls who 'hated' him due to the usual dull schtick: 'he's miserable' blah blah blah and they came away stunned and couldn't believe how good he is.
  • Options
    Paul Rogers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Paul Rogers

Good shout once but now sold his soul to the devil.
  • Options
    Seu Jorge
  • Options
    Mark E Smith absolutely love him. With him it's not an act or copy, cracked me up when Adam & Joe went to see him for Vinyl Police and he refused to let them in then punched them. Don't remember Mark releasing a clothing line and being mates with Gok Wan; nothing wrong with that but it's hardly an interesting and charismatic life.

Tom Waits.

If it was just down to being a prat and foul it'd be GG Allin.
  • Options
    Daltrey, Jagger, Mercury, Richard (Cliff).
  • Options
    Bruce Springsteen after last night at Glasto, stunning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Joey Ramone. End of.

1 2 3 4

Dunno if they've been mentioned, but Gary Holton (Heavy Metal Kids) & Alex Harvey (SAHB).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I'm sorry but I've already told you the answer to this poser:

THE BOSS

FACT

As you all will see this summer.

"And now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe us, The Boss is the Greatest Frontman"
  • Options
    Liam Gallagher is an obvious one, the bloke in Kasabian was at Glasto. Chris Martin is a great front man as well, the bloke has a way of holding a stadium in his hand
  • Options
    I saw Oasis at Glasto a few years back. I thought they were the most boring stand still and do f**k all band i have ever seen.

Iggy Pop still. Saw the Stooges a couple of years ago at All Tomorrows partys and they were awsome. Just wish i was young enough to have seen 'em first time around!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Loads obviously
    No mention of Ian Anderson...Jethro Tull?
    ...and having seen him at the Oz Police Ball, Arthur Brown....he of 'Fire' fame was awesome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots already mentioned are in the running for sure, although I am not convinced everyone has actually seen the people they are suggesting...

Got bored with the thread when the Oasis nay-sayers got invoved, and having seen them twice I don't think Liam is anywhere near the greatest frontman, although the band are brilliant as a whole.

However one person I have seen who was rather good, and I don't think has been mentioned, is Tim Booth of James - really knows how to play the crowd, and looks like he is having a whale of a time while he is doing it.

Marilyn Manson ain't half bad either.
  • Options
    It's probably already been mentioned but James Brown wasn't too bad. (unlike Oasis who are as bland as tap water. :-) )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]Michael Monroe
    Correct!

Iggy could jump around a bit, too.
  • Options
    Dave Lee Roth fronting Van Halen takes some beating.

Awesome.
  • Options
    Freddy Mercury

followed very closely by Mick Jagger
  • Options
    Freddie even. I'm blaming that on the heat and no air conditioning. Melting here.