Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the best frontwoman ever?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Herr she is...  seen her many times in concert and she is simply magnetic 

https://youtu.be/VQ_Wqtnlv4U?si=Kd4u1-ChWlNOc_h5
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Debbie Harry - 
    Cherrie Currie - Runaways
    Shirley Manson - Garbage
    Sonya Madan - Echobelly.
    TraceyThorn - Everything but the Girl 
    Susannah Hoffs.
    Harriet Wheeler - TheSundays
    Clare Grogan - Altered Images
    Therese Bazaar - Dollar (weediest voiced singer ever!)

Im  normally not in to powerfully voiced girl singers as you can see

My favourite though is the ultra girly voiced, feather boa waving, ball playing powerhouse Sarah Cracknell

• Options
    Andrea Corr
  • Options
    TEL said:

Liked the video, but had trouble googling 'Herr She' - thought it was something to do with that pronoun malarkey.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Liked the video, but had trouble googling 'Herr She' - thought it was something to do with that pronoun malarkey.
    Just a typo as you well know 
  • Options
    Non metal - begins and ends with Toni Halliday 
  • Options
    Annie Lennox (Eurythmics)
    Much preferred her with The Tourists.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd see Curve mentioned on CL.

Mine are...

Wendy Morgan - The Popguns
    Hope Sandoval - Mazzy Star
  • Options
    Florence and the machine (Florence) and the Pretenders (Chrissie Hynde), Siouxsie and the Banshees (Siouxsie)  and Blondie (Debbie Harry)  
  • Options
    Never thought I'd see Curve mentioned on CL.

Mine are...

Wendy Morgan - The Popguns
    Hope Sandoval - Mazzy Star
    Criminally underrated. Cuckoo is one of the finest albums of the nineties. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Betty Davis
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Ann Wilson wasn't too shabby!
    Just caught up on this thread & yep the 1st name that came into my head…👍
  • Options
    edited March 25
    For me personally, no one comes close to Debbie Harry from Blondie. One of the best bands of all time, hit after hit, and a ridiculous catalogue. What a woman. 

After that I'd say Ann Wilson from Heart and the one and only Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. 

All unbelievable artists. 

Genuinely can't forgive myself for not adding these two as well; Cerys Matthews & Shirley Manson. Both extremely underrated 
  • Options
    For me personally, no one comes close to Debbie Harry from Blondie. One of the best bands of all time, hit after hit, and a ridiculous catalogue. What a woman. 

After that I'd say Ann Wilson from Heart and the one and only Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. 

All unbelievable artists. 
    Like the Stevie Nicks shout.👏
  • Options
    edited March 25
    To be a ’frontwoman’ don’t you need to have other band members behind you? That what’s gives meaning to the word. Therefore, all these solo artists as suggested above, however good they may be do not answer the question.

From those I’ve seen I’d propose Sarah Cracknell, and of course our much missed Dolores O’Riordan, RIP.

Otherwise Wendy James for rock.

All out winner for me though has to be Mama Cass - what a voice!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Seriously there is only one........Natalie Merchant
    Ooooh - I've had a thing for that since I was about 16. She is f***ing mint - her music is dull though. I used to really like Miki from Lush and Toni Halliday from Curve too - now THEY were filth

ooo Toni Halliday..i've still got some of my curve cds,saw lush live supporting someone can't remember who though then i saw Miki in a pub next to highbury and islington tube trying to chat up some yanks a few days later.
    LOL - Miki was a right slag - my mate knocked her off a couple of times in the late eighties when she was a Camdenite.

Toni had a bit more class - I'm listening to Cuckoo right now (awesome album) but had plenty of charisma as well - I once saw her tell some bloke to 'fuck off 'cos you're getting on my tits'

OK, maybe she didn't have THAT much more class!
    Would you @Leroy Ambrose" or @addick19 be the other Charlton fan who I briefly met at the Curve gig in March 1992 the Friday evening before the Blackburn away game? We then spoke again on the the supporters’ coach or at the service station the next day.

That was the gig during which I sang out ’Leeeaaaaburn’  between songs and then he scored the next day

Oooh, happy days. And yes, Toni Halliday  - what a mental gig that was - people now talk about ’limbs’ at football. That gig was out of control. 
  • Options
    edited March 26
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Seriously there is only one........Natalie Merchant
    Ooooh - I've had a thing for that since I was about 16. She is f***ing mint - her music is dull though. I used to really like Miki from Lush and Toni Halliday from Curve too - now THEY were filth

ooo Toni Halliday..i've still got some of my curve cds,saw lush live supporting someone can't remember who though then i saw Miki in a pub next to highbury and islington tube trying to chat up some yanks a few days later.
    LOL - Miki was a right slag - my mate knocked her off a couple of times in the late eighties when she was a Camdenite.

Toni had a bit more class - I'm listening to Cuckoo right now (awesome album) but had plenty of charisma as well - I once saw her tell some bloke to 'fuck off 'cos you're getting on my tits'

OK, maybe she didn't have THAT much more class!
    Would you @Leroy Ambrose" or @addick19 be the other Charlton fan who I briefly met at the Curve gig in March 1992 the Friday evening before the Blackburn away game? We then spoke again on the the supporters’ coach or at the service station the next day.

That was the gig during which I sang out ’Leeeaaaaburn’  between songs and then he scored the next day

Oooh, happy days. And yes, Toni Halliday  - what a mental gig that was - people now talk about ’limbs’ at football. That gig was out of control. 
    Not me - but I'd definitely have been at the gig. Around then I guess it would have been the Town & Country Club or the Astoria - they probably weren't big enough for Brixton at that point, but already too big for the Marquee and Garage.

Don't remember Leeeeeaaaaburn (but I was likely to have been incredibly pissed 🤣)