Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From the OS

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
'Phil Parkinson will come up against his former club Colchester United at their sparkling new Colchester Community Stadium on Tuesday, September 29th, while the trip to Yeovil Town's Huish Park takes place on Saturday, November 21st.'

slip of the tongue or 'news'. No quotes though from the great man himself.

Comments

• Options
    Large, anyone would think you're not happy with the way the club is being run at the moment!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Large, anyone would think you're not happy with the way the club is being run at the moment!

can't think how you get that idea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]'Phil Parkinson will come up against his former club Colchester United at their sparkling new Colchester Community Stadium on Tuesday, September 29th, while the trip to Yeovil Town's Huish Park takes place on Saturday, November 21st.'

slip of the tongue or 'news'. No quotes though from the great man himself.

Large mate, you're clutching at straws...take a holiday away from the TV, newspapers and internet. It'll do you good
  • Options
    Maybe the strategy of a gentle trickle of 'parky is staying news'? We will all be so apathetic about no news about anything that he will just ghost intop the dressing room in time for next season.

If results are OK all will be well and fine, but if we start getting hammered by the likes of Carlisle, Leyton Orient, Walsall, Yeovil Town, it will be very interesting to see how long it takes for the grumbles to reappear.
  • Options
    Well i can't get on there.Maybe they're changing it?
  • Options
    He is here for at least another season. I've been telling you that for weeks

best get used to it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Well i can't get on there.Maybe they're changing it?

Or just uploading the takeover announcement? Photo of Richard Murray, Alan Curbishley and our new Japanese-Irish-Arab owner holding a Charlton scarf.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]He is here for at least another season. I've been telling you that for weeks

best get used to it.

I was thinking I'd have liked to have heard confirmation ages ago if that was the case.

Thinking about it they probably had nothing to gain, all it would have caused was fans to critisize the club.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ..........and a lot more to not renew their season tickets!
  • Options
    Can anyone please explain why Charlton have not announced that PP will be manager next season when it is now obvious that he will. I am now also of the opinion that the takeover was / is never on and cannot believe that if I am right that the club have just strung us along because a denial was all that was necessary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can anyone please explain why Charlton have not announced that PP will be manager next season when it is now obvious that he will. I am now also of the opinion that the takeover was / is never on and cannot believe that if I am right that the club have just strung us along because a denial was all that was necessary.

That's how I'm starting to feel. They must have been aware of the rumours, not so much the ones on here, but in the papers and on various websites.

Seems they may have just said nothing about the takover or Parkinson's future because it won't put fans off renewing season tickets.
  • Options
    There has been no announcement because there does not need an announcement if nothing is changing.

You only announce something if there is anything you have to say - he was our manager at the end of the season and still is.......therefore nothing to say.

Have Arsenal announced that Wenger is still their boss.......no. Have Man U had a press conference to say " Sir Alex is still our manager" ........no.

There is no takeover and there is no change of manager.

LOCKED ON FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]

I'm starting to think the same :0 (
  • Options
    Did that tell us every summer that Curbs was going to be at the helm again for another season??

Don't think so.
  • Options
    I know some people will defend the club by saying that they don`t have to deny any rumours but quite honestly that doesn`t hold much water with me. If there is no takeover because there never was I will be very unhappy about the way Charlton have gone about things.
  • Options
    Simples SHG they thought if they said "Parky is here for next season get use to it" it would hit season ticket sales even further. So by saying nthing peple hoped that something was happening---------------they know all abut the rumours, but decided to say nothing.

Gutted as i WANTED to believe what i was told had an outside chance of happening------- this anouncement (if it happens) on June 23rd will just be a general pre season " we are going fr it " load of bllox.

Que the people saying " get behind the manager" -------------Parkinsn is the worst Manager in the clubs history, that is judged on results, FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I know some people will defend the club by saying that they don`t have to deny any rumours but quite honestly that doesn`t hold much water with me. If there is no takeover because there never was I will be very unhappy about the way Charlton have gone about things.

I take it then that you will be booing before we've even kicked off against Wycombe?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I know some people will defend the club by saying that they don`t have to deny any rumours but quite honestly that doesn`t hold much water with me. If there is no takeover because there never was I will be very unhappy about the way Charlton have gone about things.

I take it then that you will be booing before we've even kicked off against Wycombe?

I never ever boo Charlton but I will be feeling duped to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]There has been no announcement because there does not need an announcement if nothing is changing.

You only announce something if there is anything you have to say - he was our manager at the end of the season and still is.......therefore nothing to say.

Have Arsenal announced that Wenger is still their boss.......no. Have Man U had a press conference to say " Sir Alex is still our manager" ........no.

LOCKED ON FACT

He was only given the job until the end of the season. Therefore an anouncement is required if they wish to give him the job for next season as well.

I don't know why everyone is suddenly convinced there will be no takeover and Parkinson will be our manager next season.

If either of these is true, no takeover and Parkinson as manager, I will be absolutely gobsmacked.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cue smack in the gob...
    Will get very lively if/when parky gets off to a bad start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By slipping into the media that there might be a take over would that increase the people that renew season tickets. I for one looked at the situation and thought it could be possible, it was a very small factor as to why i renewed.

I am just saying that it may of tipped some people to renew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Did that tell us every summer that Curbs was going to be at the helm again for another season??

Don't think so.

Difference is they said Parkinson was manager until then end of the season, and there would be a review.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]By slipping into the media that there might be a take over would that increase the people that renew season tickets. I for one looked at the situation and thought it could be possible, it was a very small factor as to why i renewed.

I am just saying that it may of tipped some people to renew.

Hope you are like me wrong rob as I would hate to think thats the way Charlton now operate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can anyone please explain why Charlton have not announced that PP will be manager next season when it is now obvious that he will. I am now also of the opinion that the takeover was / is never on and cannot believe that if I am right that the club have just strung us along because a denial was all that was necessary.

On reflection I don't think the quote from the OS implies that Parkinson has been appointed as our manager for next season. There is no reason to believe he won't still be assistant manager or performing some other role under the new manager next season. In that context to say that Parkinson is coming up against his former club is valid without implying that he has been appointed manager.

Am I clutching at straws?
  • Options
    If you think about it the press office don't know anymore than we do and have to continue as if he is still going to be with us next season....we don't know and neither do they so they just carry on regardless....I don't think it means anything one way or the other.
  • Options

spot on SHG. On both counts they know what the talk on the messageboards has been all summer and I too will be very let down if all that could have stopped it was a denial. By not saying a word they have been fuelling the flames, all well and good IF it happpens, but if nothing is going on then they have been duping us.
  • Options
    With the greatest of respect, I think you need to switch off your computer and go outside for some fresh air if you're reading all that into it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

spot on SHG. On both counts they know what the talk on the messageboards has been all summer and I too will be very let down if all that could have stopped it was a denial. By not saying a word they have been fuelling the flames, all well and good IF it happpens, but if nothing is going on then they have been duping us.

FFS Large no one is duping anyone...think about it fer Christs sake fella!
    Do you think the entire board plus any number of back room staff are involved in some great conspiracy just because 'you' aren't in the know?
  • Options
    SoundAs, if the Board are not in takeover talks, and never have been, and yet they know we all think they have and that a takeover is imminent, then yes I believe they are duping us. If you don't think so then fair enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]SoundAs, if the Board are not in takeover talks, and never have been, and yet they know we all think they have and that a takeover is imminent, then yes I believe they are duping us. If you don't think so then fair enough.

I agree!