Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From the OS

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]SoundAs, if the Board are not in takeover talks, and never have been, and yet they know we all think they have and that a takeover is imminent, then yes I believe they are duping us. If you don't think so then fair enough.

I agree!

I disagree!
  • Options
    My understanding is that Parkinson got a job at Charlton as an assistant manager, he was in caretaker charge, and due to the work he did as caretaker he got the job as full manager until the end of the season just finished. Parkinson does not need a payoff, he can revert to assistant, and the job description if it exists can be reviewed, of if it doesn't exist it can be written.
    The club do not have to spend money to pay Parkinson off, he can work the remainder of his contract. The club did say he was manager until the end of the season, the club have not said who the manager for 2009-2010 is going to be. Therefore this quote:

'Phil Parkinson will come up against his former club Colchester United at their sparkling new Colchester Community Stadium on Tuesday, September 29th,'

..obviously means that until we hear otherwise Phil Parkinson will come up against his former club WHILE IN THE PROCESS OF FULFILLING HIS DUTIES AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, if we are to trust the information the club has shared with us how can it be assumed to be any other way?
  • Options
    ps, at the moment we do not actually have an official first team manager.
  • Options
    i pretty much agree Seth Plum... my impression was his contract was as ASSISTANT until 2010, he was given the job of MANAGER to the end of the season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]My understanding is that Parkinson got a job at Charlton as an assistant manager, he was in caretaker charge, and due to the work he did as caretaker he got the job as full manager until the end of the season just finished. Parkinson does not need a payoff, he can revert to assistant, and the job description if it exists can be reviewed, of if it doesn't exist it can be written.
    The club do not have to spend money to pay Parkinson off, he can work the remainder of his contract. The club did say he was manager until the end of the season, the club have not said who the manager for 2009-2010 is going to be. Therefore this quote:

'Phil Parkinson will come up against his former club Colchester United at their sparkling new Colchester Community Stadium on Tuesday, September 29th,'

..obviously means that until we hear otherwise Phil Parkinson will come up against his former club WHILE IN THE PROCESS OF FULFILLING HIS DUTIES AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, if we are to trust the information the club has shared with us how can it be assumed to be any other way?

I agree!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]ps, at the moment we do not actually have an official first team manager.

Which means, at least for now, he is carrying on as manager. Until we hear different anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite] and due to the work he did as caretaker he got the job as full manager

He didn't get the job because of his 'work' as caretaker, he got the job by default because we couldn't afford anyone else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can anyone please explain why Charlton have not announced that PP will be manager next season when it is now obvious that he will. I am now also of the opinion that the takeover was / is never on and cannot believe that if I am right that the club have just strung us along because a denial was all that was necessary.
    A fair theory. At least now they seem to realise that they are taking retrograde steps and have the sense to try and cover it up in the hope that the long suffering and very tolerant support don't twig.

One issue that we have is around the club being supported by debt from directors who don't want to be part of it. It means that in order to recover their money in the short term, they need to tighten the belts further which is unlikely to be great for the team. In the longer run I think they'd be better off doubling down and committing to promotion, because in the longer term an ascendent Championship Charlton will fetch a lot more than a struggling League One Charlton. But, it must be difficult when you've seen years of investment (loans) that you may well not get back and pretty much every major decision you've made in the last few years, make it worse. I guess it's down to if any possible buyers more value a club that is financially strong or one that is strong on the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I think they'd be better off doubling down and committing to promotion

love it mclovin.... punt a bit more is the answer to the board !!
  • Options
    When a club comes out and publically backs the manager everyone jumps on them and says its a poisoned chalace. When Parkys manager contract expires at the end of June, and Kins contract exprires at the same time, I'm sure we will hear. But as of now Parky is our manager so please stop looking for signs that he isn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here Here CS well put
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you all expect the OS to say. "Parkinson, if he is still here then which at the moment he is but who knows what might happen, will face his old team Colchester..."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]When a club comes out and publically backs the manager everyone jumps on them and says its a poisoned chalace. When Parkys manager contract expires at the end of June, and Kins contract exprires at the same time, I'm sure we will hear. But as of now Parky is our manager so please stop looking for signs that he isn't.

Did he sign a new contract when he was given the care taker role? I don't think he did.

I thought he was given the role until the end of the season. So, as of 3 pm on Sunday the 3rd May we have not had a manager.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I'm not sure what you all expect the OS to say. "Parkinson, if he is still here then which at the moment he is but who knows what might happen, will face his old team Colchester..."

Could have said "We'll face Phil Parkinson's former team on blah blah blah" which would have been more neutral but less fun for the OS guys to write as it's a fact they only did it to wind up Large.

If you take the first letter from each paragraph on the story it does spell out a rather obscure clue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]When a club comes out and publically backs the manager everyone jumps on them and says its a poisoned chalace. When Parkys manager contract expires at the end of June, and Kins contract exprires at the same time, I'm sure we will hear. But as of now Parky is our manager so please stop looking for signs that he isn't.

there is more sense in this than most of which i have read and more than most of what i have wrote in the last few weeks except on the takeover thread
  • Options
    Takeover.............There ain`t no takeover.
  • Options
    ASK NLAPVHI

read into that the truth..................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Takeover.............There ain`t no takeover.

yes there is
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Takeover.............There ain`t no takeover.

yes there is

Oh no there isn`t
  • Options
    It looks like people are starting to lose faith....

If there never was a takeover and we just limp wristedly stumble into the next season there will be a lot of glum folks about. It's difficult to know whether to:

A) be an optimist (or a gullible mug, delete as appropriate) and hope that by June 23rd something positive will happen
    B) stop torturing yourself and accept that Parkinson is going to lead us into next season.

At the moment, I am trying to be A, but B is looking sadly more realistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parkinsons contrct runs until NEXT June - a fact obtained by the fans forum a few weeks back. He may have signd it as an assistant manager to Pardew but seeing as Pardew ain't manager anymore he cant be his assistant and as he was made up to manager in Janaury I would assume he is still a maanger until June 2010.

true ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

yes there is

Oh no there isn`t

its behind you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Parkinsons contrct runs until NEXT June - a fact obtained by the fans forum a few weeks back. He may have signd it as an assistant manager to Pardew but seeing as Pardew ain't manager anymore he cant be his assistant and as he was made up to manager in Janaury I would assume he is still a maanger until June 2010.

true ?

No. He was given the role until the end of the season just ended.
  • Options
    i think i may be wrong all contracts that are up are up on the 30th of june thats when players can move freely if required and i would pressume that parkies would be the same
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think i may be wrong all contracts that are up are up on the 30th of june thats when players can move freely if required and i would pressume that parkies would be the same

Parkinson's contract runs until the end of June 2010.
  • Options

Did he sign a new contract when he was given the care taker role? I don't think he did.

I thought he was given the role until the end of the season. So, as of 3 pm on Sunday the 3rd May we have not had a manager.

So who is Parky assistant too ? He's obviously still manager. And signing players as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]

So who is Parky assistant too ? He's obviously still manager. And signing players as well.

No one at the moment because we don't have a manager.

Have we signed any players since the end of the season?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]

No one at the moment because we don't have a manager.

Have we signed any players since the end of the season?

Aren't we close to signing Llera and we've released a few players - which would be a managers decision, or at least require his input.
    If Parky isn't manager, what exactly is his role at the moment as I fail to see how he could be an assistant to a manager that doesn't exist, or has our club just become that ridiculous ???!!
  • Options
    Parky is Manager until he is replaced FULL STOP.
  • Options
    no one has been signed or released as of yet except youth team players even sharon is still there i believe

cheers for the info on parky