Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Life's little irritations

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]

Intolerant people.

Right!

One thing that makes me intolerant ....... is having to deal with intolerant people.
  • Options
    People adding an L to my name when they address me (I'm looking at you every call centre and bank cashier I've ever dealt with!) even when I've either just spelled out my name to them or they have it written down in front of them!
  • Options
    blinkered charlton fans. 'we're still 5th' 'this league will be exciting'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Women who stand at a bus stop for 10 minutes - bus turns up then they f****** stand their at the driver window searching, in their bottomless pit bag, for their oyster card/ticket.
    It's enough to make people take taxis

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Mine is gritting my teeth and counting 10, with my best customer service smile, when I know I am dealing with pond life chavs froms Dartford & Swanley everyday.

Customer: I need a quote on availability and price for a van
    Me: what size & when for?
    Customer: I dont know
    Me: well, I need the size and dates etc to do that for you
    Customer: why cant you just tell me anyway?

me pulling hair out, swearing a lot and generally dumbfounded at how stupid people are.

In this situation you should just give the price for the smallest van in 'low season.' If they then change the date or size and the price changes you can then say that they hadn't been specific for the first quote. In any case, you suck them in with your lowest price.

If only it were that simple, for isntance, perfect timing, just had a call 2 minutes ago.
    Customer: Hello, I rang to check availability on a minibus a couple of weeks ago.
    Me: When was it for?
    Customer: This weekend:
    Me: Sorry, all booked now.
    Customer: What? , you had a couple a few weeks back.
    Me: Did you book it back then?
    Customer: No
    Me: Well, sorry, they are now all booked.
    Customer: What am I supposed to do now, who has got one to hire?
    Me: You will have to ring around
    Customer: But surely you know who will have one?
    Me: No, I cannot speak for other hire companies, you will have to ring around to check with them.
    Customer: (his tone, not mine) giv me some numbers then!
    Me: This is not 118 118, goodbye.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Mine at the moment is businesses, services etc who are incapable of getting my name correct as they have been given it.

Mind you, I also get irritated by peope who call me by first name several times when they have never spoken to me before in their life.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Pikies that cellotape directions to their dashboard
    Alright Dazzler :-)
    The Scousers Satnav?
  • Options
    Cyclists
  • Options
    For some reason people who get on a train then walk up the aisle drive me mad with anger. A train, by it's very design is choc full of doors, pick the one you like the look of and go in that one.
    People who insist on starting to get off busy trains before it pulls into the station. Wait. It'll all be OK.
    People who run wildly for a train that is leaving in 4 minutes.
    Any form of bike on a short commuter journey: IF YOU WANT TO CYCLE TO WORK, THEN DO IT, DON'T TAKE UP SPACE ON A PACKED TRAIN WITH YOUR SHITTY HALFORDS MOUNTAIN BIKE THEN CYCLE IT HALF A MILE TO THE OFFICE, YOU DREADFUL PERSON.
    *goes for a lie down in the sick bay*
  • Options
    Eating noisly with the mouth open really sets me on edge...it's like a blimmin tumble dryer, hate it.
    A minor irritation is those pronouncing 'clique' as 'click', and 'specific' as 'pacific'!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Drivers who check to see how close their door mirrors are to both width restriction bollards/posts, is your car 7 foot wide? no well just drive through the fecking thing its not difficult. In fact it should be part of the driving test, 30 mph through a restriction or fail.

rant over and chill :)

Oh, and mini cab drivers (dont you just love them Ledge?) ; ) absolutely knackered without a satnav.
  • Options
    Packed london trains.....

pleased I dont have to do that any more...;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]

A minor irritation is those pronouncing 'clique' as 'click', and 'specific' as 'pacific'!

People who can't grasp the difference between bought and brought.

It's not difficult:
    You buy something = bought
    You bring something = brought
  • Options
    Yoots speaking gangsta --init nuff respect

South London goonershit wearing colours

Yanks saying rowt instead of route the clue is in the song " i get my kicks on route 66".

Ken Livingston still breathing .
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2009
    People who indicate only at the exact moment they are turning or changing lanes(my g/f)
    People who dont indicate when turning or changing lanes at all (my g/f)
    people who dont indicate correctly on roundabouts (my g/f)

People who moan at drivers not doing any of the above when their behind them (my g/f)

Hypocrites (my g/f)

:-)
  • Options
    Charlton Life
  • Options
    People (usually women it has to be said) who don't have the common courtesy to say "thank you" if you hold a door open for them.
  • Options
    "For some reason people who get on a train then walk up the aisle drive me mad with anger. A train, by it's very design is choc full of doors, pick the one you like the look of and go in that one."

that one i dont agree with. What about the people who might have only just caught the train by the skin of their teeth so then want to move further up the train to get nearer to the top of the train as they might only have two mins to get to work at the other end. Plus also i get on my carriage and start walking up to check out the best seat which doesnt have a stinking vagrant/scary yoot / or a big elbowed tosser who insists on shoving his elbows into your ribcage /chest depending how low you are when reading his fekking Metro.

taking a seat on a train and choosing the right one is v important to a calm journey to work and if means walking up carriages then so waht. being able to walk through a carriage in the morning tho would be nice.
  • Options
    People who say: " ..... they should of known" - when they clearly mean: "they should have known".

And if they are writing conversationally, then just write: " ..... they should've known".

That's right, eh, Curb_it ?

;o)
  • Options
    i`ll tell her !!!!!!!!!!!

women drivers do seem to have problems at round abouts, they seem to think its like shopping and they can take time making their mind up which shop to go in --or not-- or maybe -- or not --- or maybe--- or this lane -- or that lane-- or this lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh yes oggy. that one did pop into my head but most know how i feel about that one.
  • Options
    when the person in front of you on a plane immediately reclines their seat after take off, even if its a 1 hour mid-morning flight - i usually get up after 30 minutes, hopefully they'll have just nodded off & give their seat a hell of a hammering on my way to the bog.....
  • Options
    People who use bus lanes to avoid queuing with the rest of the traffic. Even if the bus lane is not applicable at the time, at the end you should wait until someone lets you back into the main traffic flow because effectively you are exiting one road and joining another. I personally do not give way to anything coming from a bus lane except buses.

People who dont think they should wait in a tail back of traffic waiting to turn left so overtake everyone as if they are going to turn right and then indicate they are turning left and force their way back into the traffice turning left. Those arrogant shits should be shot! I have never ever let anyone get back in directly in front of me and it irratates me when cars in front let those shits in!
  • Options
    Can't we rename this: "The Grumpy Old Man Thread" .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Can't we rename this:"The Grumpy Old Man Thread".... ?

;o)

Not sure Curb_it would agree :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]i`ll tell her !!!!!!!!!!!

women drivers do seem to have problems at round abouts, they seem to think its like shopping and they can take time making their mind up which shop to go in --or not-- or maybe -- or not --- or maybe--- or this lane -- or that lane-- or this lane

No joke, I had a woman driver stop dead in the middle of a roundabout by Mcdonalds near Bluewater the other week, and reversed back as she had missed her exit............never been so shocked in my life, she, of course thought she was doing no wrong.
  • Options
    Yoot who wear their hoods up in temperatures in the 70's or 80's....and even higher!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Can't we rename this:"The Grumpy Old Man Thread".... ?

;o)

You called...........................?
  • Options
    People who stop in the middle of the road outside Dartford station to drop off or pick up and block off the main through way.
  • Options
    pull your jeans up you look stupid.