Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Jackson has died...

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
...apparently suffered a cardiac arrest

Comments

• hasn't he been taken to hospital with suspected cardiac arrest?
    Insurance scam to blow out his tour? Surely not!
  • Insurance won't mean much to him now he's dead!
  • just doing it to get the big shilling from his come back tour.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]just doing it to get the big shilling from his come back tour.
    Literally the greatest comeback since Lazarus
  • he didn't look too well...
  • Other reports say he's in a coma.
  • BBC are now confirming his death.
  • I heard he's just getting in the Zombie mindset for Thriller at the 02
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Other reports say he's in a coma.

Believe me when I say something! And by the way PP is our manager for the start of the season as I told you all weeks ago.

Uri Gheller was inconsolable on Sky News.
  • He was heading the takeover as well FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]He was heading the takeover as well FFS

Yeah he had a heart attack when he got a look at Hudsons wage slip.
  • I won't be losing any sleep - same way I wouldn't for Gary Glitter or Jonathan King.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I won't be losing any sleep - same way I wouldn't for Gary Glitter or Jonathan King.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly
  • I do not comment on here very often but your comments are very unfair and horrible. A man has died, he was also one of thre best musicians ever to have lived. He was never charged for anything.

R.I.P. Michael; one of the true greats.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm no massive Jacko fan. But innocent until proven guilty? The geezer was never convicted and there was little evidence against him in either trial.

I'm more upset about the barrage of terrible jokes that I'm going to be txted over the next week. But as someone else said, he was one of the greatest musicians ever to have lived.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ambrose-For-England[/cite]I do not comment on here very often but your comments are very unfair and horrible. A man has died, he was also one of thre best musicians ever to have lived. He was never charged for anything.

[cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I'm no massive Jacko fan. But innocent until proven guilty? The geezer was never convicted and there was little evidence against him in either trials.

I'm more upset about the barrage of terrible jokes that I'm going to be txted over the next week.

He was not charged because charges were dropped and out of court settlements were made which rendered Wacko nearly broke!
  • Legend though.....

RIP
  • Musically a legend no one doubts that but his death does not bother me because of his history.
  • JTJT
    edited June 2009
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ambrose-For-England[/cite]I do not comment on here very often but your comments are very unfair and horrible. A man has died, he was also one of thre best musicians ever to have lived. He was never charged for anything.

As a musician myself, its your quote that I find unfair and horrible. The man couldn't play a musical instrument, and never wrote a song in his life. He was an 'entertainer' - NOT a musician.

And the reason he was never charged with anything is that he paid an enormous amount of money to many people preventing him from getting convicted. You watch the media fall over themselves over the next few days to gloss over the fact that he was a dirty nonce - I've already heard one twat call him a 'genius who should be mentioned in the same breath as Mozart'. Sickening.
  • Leroy Gotta agree he was a great entertainer, singer and dancer but =
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    He was not charged because charges were dropped and out of court settlements were made which rendered Wacko nearly broke!
  • From a musical perspective Jacko is from an era when a musician got where he was largely down to talent, hard work and a little luck as opposed to the instant fame which is hoisted on no-marks by the self-proclaimed arbiters of public taste like Simon Cowell.

He came from an era when getting a No. 1 single was something to be cherised & strived for, as opposed to having your song appear on a TV advert or winning a talent contest with a cover.

Of course everything wasn't rosy in Jacko's heyday from a music business standpoint, far, far from it - but my betting is that when historians some day write the concise history of the first 50 years of modern popular chart music 1960 -2010 edition - Jacko will get a few more pages of coverage than Gareth Gates, Will Young or Michelle McManus!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose
    As a musician myself, its your quote that I find unfair and horrible. The man couldn't play a musical instrument, and never wrote a song in his life. He was an 'entertainer' - NOT a musician.

Ummm- he wrote Beat It, Billie Jean, Don't Stop til You Get Enough and quite a few others. I'm not a fan, but just now I played those 3 to my daughter & she was on her feet dancing - they are undeniably great floor fillers!
  • [/quote]
    [/quote]
    stupid comment
  • Cant say i'm sad in fact i even smiled. Right or wrong my choice of reaction is mine and its not for anyone else to tell me its wrong and i should be sad. There are much better people than him that have died younger than him. Take our brave soilders for instance !! Now i feel sad when they die but Jacko NO i dont think so
  • I can't see why anyone would be upset, Mr Jackson is going to be cryogenically frozen, give it 50 years he'll be back again.

Also, if Uri Geller is so Psychic, how come he didn't know MJ was going to die? Eh?
  • R.I.P. MJ. There's no excuse for a 50 year old man to act like a child for his entire life.
  • DA9DA9
    edited June 2009
    It's sad, and the man is a genuine icon to millions of people, whether you like him or not, and I believe he was a tortured soul who never grew up. Me?, I liked some of his music, but could not say I bought any of his material though.

Uri Geller.....parasite of a man IMO, fake tears and self promotion.

Please lets all remember however, if your a fan or not, and despite the recent history, his family are suffering, and he leaves behind 3 innocent young children who will grow up without a father, god bless all of them.

Rest In Peace Michael, thank you for the music.
  • I was going to see him in concert - twice in fact - and for all his faults he was an epic showman

RIP MJ