Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Glasto Thread

Comments

• Options
    Never heard of Bloc Party?? One of the best bands around. Wait for them, never disappoint.
  • Options
    mate Oasis are the best have always been the best and always will be the best,remember them at glastonbury they were brilliant.
  • Options
    for feck sake someone shout the specials and put them out of their misery LOL
  • Options
    Oasis are gash. FACT
  • Options
    i can play a empty bottle of becks for christ sake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Oasis are gash. FACT

feck off you said like a bloody leftie student.
  • Options
    No Leftie student here mate very far from it lol

Watch out for Bloc Party tho mate, very soon and they rock mate.
  • Options
    Edith Bowman get your head out of your arse you self opioniated sweaty.
  • Options
    Interested to see what Bloc Party are like live now.

Oasis are good fun, the Arctic Monkeys are a better band, and I can't wait for that album to come along
  • Options
    never got the artic monkeys,im afraid im just a little too old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonderful Bloc party rocking out from the start, awesome, what a band
  • Options
    at least the geezer can sing.
  • Options
    OK so the new stuff sounds good live.

I do like em, Kele got a great voice, but they still sound like Gang of Four
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]never got the artic monkeys,im afraid im just a little too old.

Just a little? Being a bit too kind to yourself there Steve me ol' mucker

;-)
  • Options
    Watched the Specials - looking old and still doing the same old stuff. Have they forgotten everything bar the first album. Jerry Dammers was right and have no respect for the others for taking Jordan's dollars.

Neil Young was great but he is Neil Young. CSN are on tomorrow. I wonder if he'll make an appearance.

Enjoyed Lily Allen but who was that backing band. All older than her dad. Very good but not her band surely.

Listening the the new Jack Penate and liking some of it. Quite different from before.

White Lies were the same as all those too earnest art school bands like Kasabian and Franz Ferdinand.

Did like NERD
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]never got the artic monkeys,im afraid im just a little too old.

Just a little? Being a bit too kind to yourself there Steve me ol' mucker

;-)

I like the Arctic Monkeys. Clever lyrics and very 1977
  • Options
    NERD were ace.

Bloc Party have a couple of good tunes, but that's it.

Penate was good.

You are right about the 'art school' bands, Henry. Very few of them are actually good!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    White Lies were the same as all those too earnest art school bands like Kasabian and Franz Ferdinand.

Tut Tut H.
    Kasabian should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the white lies or FF.
    Best band around at the moment imo.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Carly here, Henners what you'll find about Kasabian is the difference between the albums, not samey shit like some others i could mention, new albums with newer material not samey at all, great band imo.
  • Options
    Jo whiley is stunning defo would and funny and bang on music too, doing an olly tonight got a pack of beer for tonights viewing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jo wiley is a pain up the arse thinks she is the dogs cock
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Jo whiley is stunning defo would and funny and bang on music too, doing an olly tonight got a pack of beer for tonights viewing.

I was saying last night just what a terrible presenter she is. Can barely string a sentence together without falling over her words. Doesn't float my boat looks wise either.
  • Options
    My brother is down there and is banging on about The Big Pink. Any views guys?
  • Options
    So far I'm pretty well bored with this year. Bloc Party aside it aint floating my boat.
    Lilly Allen undoubted talent there but cant stand that monkney accent.
    Neil Young, better off playing to himself.Dull
    Specials, more like a tribute band
    Jack Penate heard he's Charlton, if so, he cant do no wrong
  • Options
    Dizzee Rascal is looking good
  • Options
    Dizzy did ok, now enjoying Kasabian!
  • Options
    Loving springsteen at the mo.

I'm getting old !
  • Options
    springsteen is awesome!!
  • Options
    Oh to be a member of the E Street Band. And with Clemence next to me I wouldn't even feel that old!!!
  • Options
    Just in and watching the Kasabian repeat. They own that stage. Fucking awesome. Club Foot was amazing.