Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Glasto Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    All the bands there are shite. Bruce f***ing Springsteen and the G-String band. Do me a lemon.

You lot should have got yourself to Download earlier in the year to see Faith No More. Now THAT is a live band worth seeing.
  • Options
    It's all a bit Radio 1 Roadshow - but that's just me getting old.

I fecking hate Zane chuffin' Lowe as well.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]All the bands there are shite. Bruce f***ing Springsteen and the G-String band. Do me a lemon.

You lot should have got yourself to Download earlier in the year to see Faith No More. Now THAT is a live band worth seeing.[/quote]

Springsteen was the best act Glastonbury has ever seen. Faith no More? a local pub act in comparison
  • Options
    How can you compare Springsteen with the Pink Fairies? (first Glastonbury...unofficial)
  • Options
    Prodigy today... now that's one to see live.
  • Options
    Kasabian are superb, any lifers going to see oasis and kasabian at wembley?
  • Options
    Yes I'll be there - The Enemy also, CANNOT WAIT! Going on the Saturday....
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]jo wiley is a pain up the arse thinks she is the dogs cock

sure a psychiatrist could have a field day on this : - )

Stopped watching Springsteen as the sound was so bad. Could hardly hear him.
    Never a huge fan but listening to him more and more recently. Is Rosalita the most upbeat song ever?

Henry Jnr was getting down to Dizzee. Does have a few good tunes and can write a lyric.

[cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]My brother is down there and is banging on about The Big Pink. Any views guys?

Never heard them or of them but liking them for presumably referencing one of the great albums of all time.

[cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]It's all a bit Radio 1 Roadshow - but that's just me getting old.

Yes it is but yes you are : - )
  • Options
    Flags. Is it just me or would anyone else feel murderous if I'd have paid £100's to get stuck behind loads of numpties who think it's funny to wave their "I love Sausages", and other such pointless ramblings right in front of the stage. Put me in charge of security, I'd sort it..."Oh I see you've decided to bring your amusing banner so your friends in the student union can pick you out - we have a special place for you - just over the border in Wales..."

The TV cameramen must be doing their pieces.
  • Options
    Maddness are and will be one of the most entertaining bands of all time I've seen them live about 8 times and are one of the greatest bands ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]All the bands there are shite. Bruce f***ing Springsteen and the G-String band. Do me a lemon.

You lot should have got yourself to Download earlier in the year to see Faith No More. Now THAT is a live band worth seeing.

Springsteen was the best act Glastonbury has ever seen. Faith no More? a local pub act in comparison
    Yeah - if you're about 137 Bruce Springsteen is ace.
  • Options
    Florence and the Machine look quality on the Peel stage via the Red Button
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]All the bands there are shite. Bruce f***ing Springsteen and the G-String band. Do me a lemon.

As someone who's just turned 135 I take exception to that Mr Ambrose, Springstein is very good, along with White Lies, Kasabian, Lily Allen and many others, I have bought many an album through this listening to various opinions on this mb. its all a matter of taste ;)
  • Options
    Just watched a Mr Springstein again. There is only one way they can top that next year. And that is with the Rolling Stones.
  • Options
    Good man spankie, I am on there on the Sunday, I'm in cardiff at the ashes on the sat, boy that's gonna be a messy weekend!
  • Options
    Blimey, Blur are gash
  • Options
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    Whatever your opinions on his music, you cant fault Springsteen for his energy and showmanship, think hes fantastic myself.

This blur sets looking a bit embarassing, but then ive never been a fan anyway.As for bloc party, poor gang of four rip-off....
  • Options
    Florence and the Machine were class, first time I've seen them.
    Neil Young, superb, especially Rockin in the Free World, had the crowd in the palm of his hand, great showman.
    Madness, great set, but pity they didn't feel brave enough to play some of the new album - still, it was meant to be a festival sing-along so fair enough.

My son is due back later today - hope it isn't as bad as the journey down, the coach from Victoria took 8 hours!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Kasabian should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the white lies or FF.
    too right Kasabian are even worse than Oasis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved the way Dec/les_says had his big flag promoting:

"I love Sausage"

Nice one les, very romantic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Yep, youth is everything.

Nothing else matters.

;o)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Any one see the pendulum set? Incredible! Some of fans were waving flares (and not the type Oggy wears! ;o) )

Faith No More are one of the best bands EVER! I was gutted that I didn't go to Download this year. The only band around now that's better is Rage Against The Machine. Are there any continental festivals this year which features both? If so, where do I get tickets?!
  • Options
    Now the dust has settled I have to say that in terms of variety and the sheer number of names that was one the best festivals I've watched. With the exception of a handful of 'newish-festival-regulars' of the last couple of years (i.e The Enemy), they all seemed to be there and for a change, the older bands who are were put on the bill - Quo, Madness, Specials etc - actually performed well.

Sure not all of it was to my taste but thats's always the way. I really did enjoy Specials and Madness - that's my era and you can say what you like about what they played, blah blah blah, that's what they're there for and they did it very, very well. I'm not interested in the whole Dammers/selling out/Jordan thing, I just enjoyed watching and listening to them.

Like Henry said, Neil Young is Neil Young and will appeal only to fans - his constant restarting of Rocking in the Free World did get a bit tiresome but it's a great tune. Funny what was said about Springsteen's sound being bad too, I watched FF instead and when I did hear Springsteen I thought the most marked thing was how much better his sound was than FF!!

This is the first year I watched Glasto on the Sky red button as opposed to Freeview and there was so much more to choose from which made such a difference. No need to rely on the BBC2 programmes which is probably how I managed to avoid the likes of Whiley, Lowe and, first evening aside, Bowman too - I actually managed to completely avoid them all weekend!

Well done the organisers on the line-up, and well done the Beeb for the coverage!!!!
  • Options
    the red buttons do work on Freeview as well you know!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    They do, correct, but they only carry a fraction of what cable and satellite services do.

Maybe the beeb have really stepped up their BBC 3+4 coverage too, showing pretty much whole sets with very little in between.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any one see the pendulum set? Incredible! Some of fans were waving flares (and not the type Oggy wears! ;o) )

Faith No More are one of the best bands EVER! I was gutted that I didn't go to Download this year. The only band around now that's better is Rage Against The Machine. Are there any continental festivals this year which features both? If so, where do I get tickets?!

Pendulum as always were AWESOME! Get yourself the Live at Brixton Academy DVD I was there and it was one of the best nights ever!
    Prodigy last night were also unbelievable, absolutely cannot wait till Reading to see them now!
  • Options
    how good were Blur AMAZING
  • Options
    just got back having been down there with suzi and les amongst others .

Best one for years in my opinion even though there wasn't as many bands as usual I wanted to see but the fact that the only day with the wellies on was friday was good.

Personal highlights inlude dizzee rascal , a cut short N*E*R*D madness Erol Alkan and the whip .

Personal lo-lights have to be the bars having sponsorship by gaymers yet not serving it at loads of the bars and the fact that I missed loads of bands due to clashes

Think I'll be going back to benecassim next year though as the weather can't be certain at glasto and I aint getting any younger
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any one see the pendulum set? Incredible! Some of fans were waving flares (and not the type Oggy wears! ;o) )

!

'Scuse me ..... ?

You obviously don't appreciate how cutting edge fashion conscious I am.

;o)