Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Glasto Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    Watching Springsteen I realised why I have never bought any of his records. He is undoubtedly a great showman (to a level that is beyond cheesy), but apart from a couple of numbers with good hooks, the rest of his tunes are middle of the road and utterly pedestrian. Such a lot of hype with little real substance.

Thought Blur would be a disaster after a dodgy start, but 'for tomorrow' at the end was awesome.

Props to Pendulum and Dizzy - Madness looked great fun too (seen them at Benecassim and they were ace fun - every Brit was loving it and the Spaniards were bemused). The Prods cranked it up to 11 by the looks of things!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    My feet are swollen but apart from that it was awesome. Just watched some highlights which isn't anything like the real thing. Spinal tap doing stonehenge was one of my highlights for the sheer hilarity of the midgets. Other bands worth mentioning were rumble strips, maccabees and doves all on the friday but really enjoyed specials and madness and of course the mighty blur which was an amazing end. Even though afterwards me, les, my brother and others ended up in a thunderstorm at 2am. Pear cider with strawberry on wednesday killed me. Lethal stuff at 7%.
    No 12 hours in car park today like 2007.
    Much more to talk about about other bands but need a decent night sleep!

Ps wss we noticed that sausage thing on telly and he reckons it was his idea. Yeah right.
  • Options
    Also bumped into a charlton fan at the bar, no idea of name think he's a mate of 1905 but had a good chat. There was apparently a charlton flag at front of other stage before maccabees. Those flags were frikkin annoying. More than ever before.

Right, on with the job hunt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Also bumped into a charlton fan at the bar, no idea of name think he's a mate of 1905 but had a good chat.

Was his name Dan ?
  • Options
    No idea! Friendly looking, he drank in oak a lot. Not disco danny tho he's my neighbour!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I know who you mean, it would be Ted's nephew
  • Options
    Me and a mate just got back today, quality 4 days, had the charlton flag at penate, shame he didnt notice!

Stone circle was crazy, everyone off their head, we tried some "special cake", very nice!

Blur and kasabian were my highlights!

Met Stacey long ex charlton, and lead singer of the view, back there next year without a doubt!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any one see the pendulum set? Incredible! Some of fans were waving flares (and not the type Oggy wears! ;o) )

!

'Scuse me ..... ?

You obviously don't appreciate how cutting edge fashion conscious I am.

;o)
    So you have, I forgot all about the rose tinted glasses!