Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Now we see what our new middle order is made of...

Bell in now...
  • Bell has survived the peppering, why doesn't he duck once in a while instead of getting his gloves in the way?!

Strauss just starting to hit out.

56-1
  • [align=center] * England: 108-1 (25.5 overs)
    * Australia: Yet to bat

England 1st Innings

Strauss not out 50
    Cook c Ponting b Siddle 10
    Bell not out 41
    Extras 5nb 2lb 7

Total 108-1[/align]
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]Bell has survived the peppering, why doesn't he duck once in a while instead of getting his gloves in the way?!
    Thing is, it was largely Johnson doing the peppering - and his slingy action means his bouncers are never really at a comfortable height to duck. Agree with you though - Bell's form against the short ball is woeful.
  • Strauss gone now for 55, Bell just got his 50
  • For Strauss' wicket Hilfenhaus overstepped by at least 2 inches!

Should have been a no-ball, schoolboy umpiring.
  • Now Collingwood gone for 24.

179-3.

Trott now in.
  • I just want to make the 1,000 comment
  • I was extremley impressed with Trott.
  • I want 6 bowlers ;-) Winning this toss gonna be crucial. Let's see how many runs the Aussies can get tomorrow? COME ON! Pitch gonna deteriorate quick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh mate - If only a few of our lot could have turned 50 into 100's in this test and all the others we may have won those ashes back. Still not over yet because the wicket could be a nasty one if you're last to bat but it would have been nice to hit a really big score in the 1st innings to give us a chance s this looks like a result wicket.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I was extremley impressed with Trott.

Agreed, he was really unflustered!! Could be a really good player for us!!
  • Looked technically a very poor player, on another day all those cross bat flicks to the wrong balls and he would have been out
  • Can see Australia piling on the runs when they get in, England's first innings showing would suggest we'll do well to escape with a draw this test.
  • anderson out for his first duck in test cricket 309-9
  • Remains to see how Australia bat on it, it doesn't look a typical Oval wicket and I wouldn't want to bat last on it if it deteriorates much more.
  • 332-9 Broad 37no
  • 332 All Out
  • 332 all out .Broad caught first slip.
  • England didn't bat well enough even if the pitch isn't that good, now they are going to have to collectively bowl out of their skins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think it's too bad a score considering how badly the pitch is getting cut up. Our bowlers SHOULD have a field day, especially if Freddie n Harmy do even more damage on it for Swann.
  • Watson should be out lbw to Freddie, Umpire Rauf somehow didn't give him out.

21-0
  • Yep, must have been too plumb to be given.
  • Well it wasn't too high and it wasn't going down leg side so not sure why he didn't give it....

Aus 61-0 at lunch...
  • Should have had in a 2nd spinner. Swann has only taken 2 wickets all series and doesn't seem to scare the right handers too much, i'd have had panesar in also. who to drop is a very different Question!
  • Watson out. LBW Broad.
  • 'ave that, Ponting. 8 played onto sumps.
  • braod gets his third YESSSSSS!!!!!
  • Broad 4th wicket!!!