Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Ponting LBW Broad 78

140-3
  • edited August 2009
    Watson and Ponting both out 'cos we pitched it up. Shame it's taken so long for our attack to realise that that is what's needed on this track.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]watson gone.

Collapse on the the way : - )

told you.

here we go
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]watson gone.

Collapse on the the way : - )

Hussey's been a poor starter in this series so if we bowl in the right area we could get him cheaply. That is a big "if" though.
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]q

Hussey out LBW

151-4
  • Do England get deducted points if more than 16 wickets fall on one day ?

;-)
  • Anyone else think Bopara is shite and shouldn't be in the team?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Do England get deductedpointsif more than 16 wickets fall on one day ?

;-)

Only if all 16 wickets to fall are theirs.
  • [cite]Posted By: ParkinsonOut[/cite]Anyone else think Bopara is shite and shouldn't be in the team?

This has been discussed on Page 22
  • Agent Harmison return to Oz. Your work is done...
    Oh gawd
  • edited August 2009
    Friday August 7th 2009. One of the darkest days in the history of Ashes test cricket as far as I'm concerned.......just want to forget it!
  • Sponsored links:

• 280-4

178 lead

;-(
  • I everyone just pretending this test is happening? Currently 74-3 at the mo'.

Deary me..
  • Terrible decision for Bopara's wicket though.
  • Er 74-4 now. Collingwood's gone.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]78-5

Are we singing from the same hymn book yet?
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]78-5

Player for player, when fully fit, England are better than Australia. Yes, they've (all but) stuffed us in this match (Ponting's second win in 9 attempts in this country) to make it 1-1. I still make England favourites to complete the job at The Oval.
  • I don't see how we can recover from this - without our 2 decent players we are, by and large, a shit cricket team.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]78-5[/quote]

Are we singing from the same hymn book yet?[/quote]
    Player for player, when fully fit, England are better than Australia. Yes, they've (all but) stuffed us in this match (Ponting's second win in 9 attempts in this country) to make it 1-1. I still make England favourites to complete the job at The Oval.[/quote]

The Oval hasn't been a result pitch this season. Batsman's paradise. Loose the toss there and the Aussies keep the urn.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Player for player, when fully fit, England are better than Australia. Yes, they've (all but) stuffed us in this match (Ponting's second win in 9 attempts in this country) to make it 1-1. I still make England favourites to complete the job at The Oval.

That's not what you said when I said "no KP no Freddie" = 1-1 though. I admire your blind allegiance nevertheless because if you seriously think this shambles of a Team (even with Freddie) has any chance of winning the final Test you're sadly misguided. I'm clinging on to the hope for bad weather and 1-1 because a batting line up of Strauss, Cook, Bopara, Bell, Collingwood et al ain't gonna scare Bangladesh let alone the Aussies.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

The Oval hasn't been a result pitch this season. Batsman's paradise. Loose the toss there and the Aussies keep the urn.
    That's one view. The other is that Hugh Morris is on the phone right now to the groundsman at the Oval to prepare a bunsen burner.

That's not what you said when I said "no KP no Freddie" = 1-1 though. I admire your blind allegiance nevertheless because if you seriously think this shambles of a Team (even with Freddie) has any chance of winning the final Test you're sadly misguided. I'm clinging on to the hope for bad weather and 1-1 because a batting line up of Strauss, Cook, Bopara, Bell, Collingwood et al ain't gonna scare Bangladesh let alone the Aussies.
    Bangladesh may well be good enough to have given the West Indies a beating, but you are talking nonsense.

We're measuring England against the best team in the world. Australia have won two days at Leeds hands-down, yet still don't lead the series.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Bangladesh may well be good enough to have given the West Indies a beating, but you are talking nonsense.

We're measuring England against the best team in the world. Australia have won two days at Leeds hands-down, yet still don't lead the series.

Bangladesh was "tongue in cheek" but if you seriously think that Bopara and Bell are good enough I suggest that you check their averages against the Aussies because that's what counts and not soft runs against the likes of the Windies who didn't even want to be here.
  • edited August 2009
    205-7

Broad* 52
    Swann *33

Trail by 138
  • just posted the brian johnstone and jonathan agnew 'leg over' commetary on the favourite commentators thread.
    thought i'd put it on here to cheer us up.
  • 220-7

100 partnership
    between Broad & Swann.............

123 behind.
  • I seem to remember it was a seventh wicket partnership that set England on their way in 1981.
  • 68 runs off last 5 overs!
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I seem to remember it was a seventh wicket partnership that set England on their way in 1981.

* Jinx !! *