Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]"No Langer, no Hayden, No Gilchrist, no McGrath, no Warne, no Martyn = England win the Ashes"

Chizz - you sticking with that ;-)
    Absolutely, without question. You can only assess conditions after two innings. What you can do before that is compare attacks. For me, our attack offers more than theirs.

One-nil up, two to play.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]"No Langer, no Hayden, No Gilchrist, no McGrath, no Warne, no Martyn = England win the Ashes"

Absolutely, without question. You can only assess conditions after two innings. What you can do before that is compare attacks. For me, our attack offer more than theirs.

One-nil up, two to play.

But our batting without KP is extremely limited.
  • 72-6 at lunch.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Absolutely, without question. You can only assess conditions after two innings. What you can do before that is compare attacks. For me, our attack offer more than theirs.

One-nil up, two to play.

But our batting without KP is extremely limited.
    Bowlers win matches, batsmen save them. Our bowlers are better than theirs. That's why we'll win.
  • edited August 2009
    The 10 day weather forecast:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-UKXX0078?cm_ven=cricinfo_UK&cm_cat=scores&cm_ite=weather&cm_pla=10day
  • England - Pieterson/Flintoff = Pony

LOL
  • Swann's out for a duck...

England 92/7
  • Absolutely terrible
  • edited August 2009
    Harmison's been pinned. Be afraid, Peter Siddle, be very afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• 98/8...

Harmison gone.
  • 102-9.......

Anderson out
  • 102 AllOut.

Onions out Golden Duck.

Siddle takes a Five for.......
  • Good thing the fans have been practicing their booing on ponting. may come in handy.
  • Disgracefull.

C'mon the rain!
  • Bowled out in 34 overs with only 2 batsmen getting to double figures! And Extras was the 3rd highest scorer! Shambles.
  • First 2 balls - 2 fours!
  • 'kin Harmison.........

2nd balls 4 wides...........
  • edited August 2009
    14-1 Well done Harmy. Katich c Bopara b Harmy
  • Brilliant Harmison !!

Katich 0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting hit everywhere, will get pummled within 3 days, chin up, footie season is here.
  • England 102 all out. Australia 103-1. Same conditions but we're balling short "hit me" cack.
  • 117-1. Ponting is gonna have the last laugh. Will lose the series 2-1.
  • I am laughing at this World Class side of ours :-)
  • If I was Ponting I'd knock up just over 200, declare and get us back in bat before the end of the day. It could all be over by tomorrow!
  • edited August 2009
    watson gone.

Collapse on the the way : - )

told you.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]If I was Ponting I'd knock up just over 200, declare and get us back in bat before the end of the day. It could all be over by tomorrow!

My brother won tickets for Sunday. I did say to him that he might not get to see a full day.
  • At last Watson out. Still got his third 50 from 3 Innings against us having never opened at Test level before.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]watson gone.

Collapse on the the way : - )

Hussey's been a poor starter in this series so if we bowl in the right area we could get him cheaply. That is a big "if" though.
  • Ponting lbw Broad