Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• I would LOVE it, just LOVE it, if we won back the Ashes without Pietersen and Flintoff playing a full part. Shows we're not a one-trick or two-trick outfit.
  • Big blow, hopefully that means he will be a lot fresher for the Oval.

Get Siddo or Harmi in for Broad and Trott to not weaken the batting, Swann batting 8.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Trott is in the 14 and cover for Bopara and Freddie. Of the two Freddie is the big doubt and I wouldn't be suprised if we save him for the Oval. Sidebottom may well play on what used to be his home ground.

Freddie will play, no doubt. Although he's hobbling about he is still bowling at 100 %. He builds up pressure and roughs up the batsmen.
    I was joking about Ramps. England would never pick him, they have made it quite clear they do not intend going back to anyone from the past. Have you seen some of the bowling in the 2nd divsion? I reckon I'd get a few myself!

Sometimes Chirpy you should listen to your elders ;-)

No KP no Freddie = 1-1
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Trott is in the 14 and cover for Bopara and Freddie. Of the two Freddie is the big doubt and I wouldn't be suprised if we save him for the Oval. Sidebottom may well play on what used to be his home ground.

Freddie will play, no doubt. Although he's hobbling about he is still bowling at 100 %. He builds up pressure and roughs up the batsmen.
    I was joking about Ramps. England would never pick him, they have made it quite clear they do not intend going back to anyone from the past. Have you seen some of the bowling in the 2nd divsion? I reckon I'd get a few myself!

No KP no Freddie = 1-1
    No Langer, no Hayden, No Gilchrist, no McGrath, no Warne, no Martyn = England win the Ashes
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

No KP no Freddie = 1-1
    No Langer, no Hayden, No Gilchrist, no McGrath, no Warne, no Martyn = England win the Ashes

and Prior out now?
  • Injured playing football on a wet field before the game!!!!!!
  • It was actually a back spasm rather than a knee and he's now having treatment...

says the BBC
  • Prior testing it now and we've asked the Aussies for an extra 10 minutes before the Toss and Team Declaration.
  • Prior passed fit.
  • wonder whose gonna be named in place of freddy?

if its trot we're playin for the draw if harmisson the win
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]wonder whose gonna be named in place of freddy?

...it's the win
  • England win toss & bat.
    Harmy for Flintoff only change.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]wonder whose gonna be named in place of freddy?

...it's the win

Happy but surprised, although personally don;t rate Harmisson atleast its a positive move
  • Haddin is back and Stuart Clark is in for Hauritz so Aussies have no spinner (North can turn his arm over).
  • I always thought Headingly isn't known as a turning pitch so not too sure why Warne is that bothered about not having a spinner
  • 2-0 after 2 balls, but it should have been 0-1 after 1.
  • Strauss should have been given out LBW first ball of the match!!!
  • Shooooot......should be 0-1
  • warne is a good commentator and it's been good having an aussie perspective. He does sometimes sulk like a little child though when things don't go the aussies way, whereas the other commentators seem more philosophical about decisions going against their team.
  • Unbelievable.

Ponting thinks Australian crowds wouldn't boo opposing captains.

Laughable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agony, that looked like it was coming, not a positive start from England
  • 11-1 Strauss gone......
  • 16-2 Ravi out
  • Australia's bleating about the umpires has finally paid off. They now have Billy instead of Rudi. I wonder if they'll bleat about the first ball too?
  • How many more chances will Bopara be given?
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]How many more chances will Bopara be given?

at a guess............6.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Australia'sbleatingabout the umpires has finally paid off. They now have Billy instead of Rudi. I wonder if they'll bleat about the first ball too?

It hardly made a difference did it?
  • Bopara = waste of space IMHO
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Australia's[url=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25873146-5001505,00.html]bleating[/url]about the umpires has finally paid off. They now have Billy instead of Rudi. I wonder if they'll bleat about the first ball too?[/quote]

Rudi K was not scheduled to stand in this Test. That said Billy Bowden isn't as good as he was a few years ago when arguably he was the best international umpire.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Australia's bleating about the umpires has finally paid off. They now have Billy instead of Rudi. I wonder if they'll bleat about the first ball too?

It hardly made a difference did it?
    Well the point is this:they shouldn't bleat about others complaning about umpires, while at the same time bleating about an umpire... and then bleat about his replacement. But I bet they do.