Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• They should have picked Stuart Clark, he is accurate and swings the ball. Their bowlers are more hit the deck style, so hopefully we can get a reasonable lead
  • Mitchell Johnson can swing the ball into the batsman, but his action is so wayward at the moment that he's more likely to bowl a bad delivery as a good one. Watson can swing the ball, so can Hilfenhaus but Siddle is more of a back of a length bowler. If we can bat until well into tomorrow then we could do what we did at Lord's - put the game way beyond them.
  • Broad is simply not good enough.
  • 5 wickets for Anderson
  • Five good wickets too - all down to good bowling.
  • Why do England seem incapable of making anything easy for themselves. Bowling wide of the stumps to tail enders, this last wicked partnership could be crucial for the convicts
  • edited July 2009
    It will be interesting to see how we bat on this wicket.
  • Job done!
  • Oh dear.
  • Boycott is in fine form on TMS at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2009
    64 to avoid the follow on?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Boycott is in fine form on TMS at the moment[/quote]

Any gems you could enlighten us with?
  • Bopara out cheap again
  • edited July 2009
    We don't want to undo all the good work of this morning. Need to steady the ship in the last 2 hours of play.

Eng 67-2.
  • Blimey Bell...
  • Flipping hell why do they have to change the highlights prog on sky, been waiting for it all patiently then i turn it on at 8 as normal on sky sports one, and there is sodding scumming wet spam on some mockey mouse asia dogshit game!!

Sky you muppetts.

Not happy from beleverderderderrrererererererre or however the feck you spell it!!
  • MCS.............
    chill guy !!
    ;-)
  • And then wait for 9pm the scheduled start, to find the frigging yids v Dull city extended lowlights!! Sky sort it out you muppett chaffers!!

Anyway cricket on now, how good is Onions so far!! He could have 5 already!! And the best name also!! Cant wait to see Jimmy's efforts now, they said on TMS it was a real pukka passage of swing/fast bowling, just how i like it.
  • Tell ya what, that lil spell from Anderson was absolute top class. He is without a doubt one of the best exponents of that swinging ball in world cricket, when the ball swings for what ever reason, he is unplayable, unbelievable cricket that, i am purring here. Such a shame we couldn't of knocked off the tail a bit quicker, would of been in a great position. The pressure we can produce sometimes, is awesome, and has the Ozzies rattled, properly rattled!

People who say Test Cricket is boring need look no further than a bit of Ashes cricket. Some of the cricket in this series has been absolute top draw, some wonderful passages of play, aggressive bowling (specially by us namely freddie) great batting too, by both sides. This is surely going to be a really close series, and i still can't call it. All i do know is that with the way we have started we defo have them rattled, which is how in the past the convicts have made such a success of World cricket.

The end.
  • Totally agree wuth u mcs, I had exactly the same thing with the higlights! Any ideas on the weather tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• just spoke to a mate who's up at edgbaston , he had a dump in the cubicle next to sir ALAN CURBISHLEY at the test yesterday ... thank goodness i wasn't up there it could have got embarrassing!!

he said curbs shit stunk but i bet it doesn't!!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]just spoke to a mate who's up at edgbaston , he had a dump in the cubicle next to sir ALAN CURBISHLEY at the test yesterday ... thank goodness i wasn't up there it could have got embarrassing!!

he said curbs shit stunk but i bet it doesn't!!

Class post...............................not!
  • [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Totally agree wuth u mcs, I had exactly the same thing with the higlights! Any ideas on the weather tomorrow?

They say on cricket AM this morning that benedict has the radar for the weather forecast and says a smallish band of rain could disrupt but the arvo looks ok. FIngers crossed, as today my plans are to watch the cricket in me pants all day.
  • Theres a lot of dark cloud above Coventry at the moment which seems to be heading in the direction of Birmingham
  • No Play Today.
    ;-(
  • Morning session maybe wiped out due to soaking wet outfield.
  • Pitch Inspection @ 11am.
  • Midday start.
  • Hiya....

Just catching up..........

339-7, England lead by 76

Flintoff out for 74.
  • Great innings by Freddie, WORLD CLASS player (FAO Ketman) awesome shots awesome dude he is. Great innings by Prior and Broader too, loved the confrontaion between Broad and Mitchell Johnson, quality stuff.

Set fair this, if we can nab a couple of their boys tonight it could be close, only thing will beat us is stupid rain!