Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bray v Charlton pre-season Jul 2009 - Match Thread (worth a read)

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Any updates people receive from those out there, whack em in this thread please !

Comments

• i reckon robbo on the wing and Frankie are blattered by now.
  • Addickted has had 4 pints of Guinness already and is now off to the festival.

He has texted me some photos of the ground but I have no idea how to upload them on here.

If anyone does whisper me your phone number and I will send them over.
  • OS says it remains to be seen whether O'Leary and Barrett are involved again. I guess if they are it'll be a sign that we're considering them.
  • Hope Mr & Mrs McMoist are having a lovely time. Lucky barstewards ;-)
  • I'm lead to believe Jonjo is playing the whole game tonight
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm lead to believe Jonjo is playing the whole game tonight
    Good - this one will be a good match and one I want us to win so we need our best players on show
  • Errr, just recieving the 1st report from Ireland from our Reporter Clem:
    Clem, Whats happening.................

Clem: "On the beer, absolutely chucking it down ! Updates may be lacking if the game gets called off ! Clem ".
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Addickted has had 4 pints of Guinness already and is now off to the festival.

He has texted me some photos of the ground but I have no idea how to upload them on here.

If anyone does whisper me your phone number and I will send them over.

Send em over Henry I'll have a go.
  • We have an update coming in from Ireland, Clem ?

"Have met the CAFC supporters club,Cork Branch.Only other Addicks I have seen.Currently on beer #6.
    We are outnumbering the Home fans in the Hibernian Inn".
  • Starting team:

Elliot

Richardson
    Llera
    Trialist
    Basey

Sam
    Shelvey
    Spring
    Racon
    Bailey

Fleetwood
  • Sponsored links:

• That looks a decent team.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]That looks a decent team.
    it does indeed.... wish I was at the game.
  • To me it looks like a team with the same major problem the team has had since Parkinson took over. Apart from Sam no real pace down the flanks. Bailey is much too slow to play wide midfield and Basey is much too slow to play as a full back.
  • Not sure fleets as lone striker will work - but means dicko and burton might get 2nd half (preferred strike partnership)
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]To me it looks like a team with the same major problem the team has had since Parkinson took over. Apart from Sam no real pace down the flanks. Bailey is much too slow to play wide midfield and Basey is much too slow to play as a full back.

I think if we have a team as strong as that one at the start of the season we'll be very very lucky. That team would do well in League One i think, although more pace would be nice.
  • And don't forget we'll have Semedo when he's fit again.
  • Any idea if the trialist is O'Leary again?
  • Only one striker !!! Dont like that he should be trying to build a strong partnership upfront pre-season. We cant go all next season with one forward.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Only one striker !!! Dont like that he should be trying to build a strong partnership upfront pre-season. We cant go all next season with one forward.

We might only be able to afford one striker next season!
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Only one striker !!! Dont like that he should be trying to build a strong partnership upfront pre-season. We cant go all next season with one forward.

We might only be able to afford one striker next season!

Ha ha yeah your not wrong there
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey captain
  • Latest from Clem:

"Moved bars.Probably 25 in here.The pound does not do well against the Euro.£12 for a double Vodka RedBull".
  • Clem:
    "Nothing to report other than the fact that the announcer sounds like the fair-ground announcer from the "funland" episode of "Father Ted" ".
  • "The Trialist is O'Leary again. Nothing of note otherthan the fact Elliot is wearing a Home Shirt". Clem.
  • 10 mins in Lloyd Sam with a shot into the car park.

Just noticed there's a female touch judge
  • don't touch !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]don't touch !

Ha Ha
  • Interesting fact...Bray are sponsored by Rehab Bingo
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]10 mins in Lloyd Sam with a shot into the car park.

Just noticed there's a female touch judge

Did I read that right..................................................................Lloyd Sam has been shot in the car park?!!?
  • Addickted says solid first 10 mins.

Richardson looking very good, racon disinterested, Fleets lone striker, Sam having problems with final ball.