Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bray v Charlton pre-season Jul 2009 - Match Thread (worth a read)

Comments

• Options
    Clem:
    "The hi-light of the trip. Cork branch have supplied a single malt.
    Currently supping from an "I luv Bray Wanderers" mug. 3 Euros well spent".
  • Options
    Clem:
    "No changes, Fortune warming-up".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Half time. I hope there's a barp. Darrren Randolps dad has got hands like shovels
    barp? bar? harp?
  • Options
    Didn't Spike Milligan once moonlight for Bray........it would explain a lot?
  • Options
    2nd half. Basey shot out of the ground. Just noticed Barys other sponsor is 'Lifeline. Irelands no1 hangover preventer'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It was Addickted.

Texted me to say O'Leary scored off Addickted assist via Shelvey.

If Addickted is a triallist we are well and truly fecked. Although it could be that Addickted is actually the Bray equivalent of a West Stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]2nd half. Basey shot out of the ground. Just noticed Barys other sponsor is 'Lifeline. Irelands no1 hangover preventer'

Basey shot now.....Christ he's gonna kill 'em all!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]2nd half. Basey shot out of the ground. Just noticed Barys other sponsor is 'Lifeline. Irelands no1 hangover preventer'
    Was it the same bloke that shot Sam in the car park?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

One must assume so.....I hope they've got a description...there's a few police there but they are watching the game and plan to do something at full time by all accounts.
  • Options

It could be a cash-strapped Director trying to get hold of the insurance payments to help pay the lecky bill....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sailor Browneye[/cite]

It could be a cash-strapped Director trying to get hold of the insurance payments to help pay the lecky bill....
    Or maybe the club's new selection policy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It was Addickted.

Texted me to say O'Leary scored off Addickted assist via Shelvey.

If Addickted is a triallist we are well and truly fecked. Although it could be that Addickted is actually the Bray equivalent of a West Stand.

Certainly big enough the fat fecker : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

One must assume so.....I hope they've got a description...there's a few police there but they are watching the game and plan to do something at full time by all accounts.

I think shooting a few players will help to focus the rest of them for next season : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sailor Browneye[/cite]

Or maybe the club's new selection policy?

It seems an extremely effective motivational technique. Sam is shot and then scores. Basey to score before the end.
  • Options
    Wholesale changes

On stavros, tuna, llera, shelvey, fleetwood

Penalty Waggy down

Izsale misses. Pratt
  • Options
    Big round of subs

Waggy, Stav, Dicko, O'Leary, Tuna and McLeod all on.

So if O'leary is on who scored the goal? Why do the Club lie to us like this? I blame Varney!
  • Options
    McLeod missed Pen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Wholesale changes

Penalty Waggy down

Izsale misses. Pratt

Send him to the car park.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"2-0 Lloyd Sam. FAR post volley from Bailey's cross.In control, but few clear chances.
    Richardson looking solid. Fleetwood up on his own not the answer".
    Clem.

I dont think many thought Fleetwood up on his own would be the answer

Was never going to be, but Burton played Sunday, Gray is probably leaving and the midfielders need games.

I doubt we'll manage to keep all of those midfielders, but if we do, swap Burton for Spring and it's a decent team (probably Dickson for Fleetwood as well).

I have no problem with Bailey on the left - who are we going to get to play there? Very unlikely we can find a pacey, left footed winger that works hard, defends well and scores and/or creates goals consistently. What I mean is whoever we play there isn't going to be perfect, and I think Pardew's time here showed two natural wingers isn't always the best way to go.

Youga in place of Basey would be better to add a bit of pace to that side.
  • Options

Penalty Waggy down

Izsale misses. Pratt
    Mrs Pratt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Big round of subs

Waggy, Stav, Dicko, O'Leary, Tuna and McLeod all on.

So if O'leary is on who scored the goal? Why do the Club lie to us like this? I blame Varney!

It was Sammy Nelson by all accounts.
  • Options
    A few missed updates

HT - 2-0 and lots of good passing football from Charlton

47 - Another great corner from Basey and and a Bailey header just goes over. No changes at HT

60 - Richardson getting forward well and linking well with Sam, Charlton continue to play good passing football. Bray little threat as yet. Simon Greyson (Leeds) is there watching

Stavrinou, Dickson, O'Leary, McLeod, Tuna and Waggy all on (i'm taking that to mean Wagstaff and not the Geordie Smiler !)
  • Options
    Cant work out who's gone off and who's come on now
  • Options
    Clem:
    "Many Subs about to happen. Poor 2nd half.
    Bar calling.
    Stavros, Tuna, McLeod, Dickson + unknown trialist.
    Pen.
    McLeod puts it wide."
  • Options

Penalty Waggy down

Izsale misses. Pratt
    Mrs Pratt?

I think that's the name of the female lineswoman who Bart has warned us all not to touch up?
  • Options
    McLeod won tug of war with Dickson for pen. And still missed

Clark now on for Basey
  • Options
    McLeod and Dicko had a tug of war for the pen, and McClown puts it wide of the left post.

Pen was won by Waggy, who is playing right back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Pen.
    McLeod puts it wide."

a leopard(crap footballer) doesn't change his spots... one more relegation and we've found his level
  • Options
    I reckon NONE of this has happened & all the Lifers are in a Bar making it up:
    Nearly 2 games without conceeding a goal ? Yeah, Right.........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Wholesale changes

[/quote]
    stavros flatly? the little fat kid and child of britains got talent? wow we have gone down hill!