Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

O/S statement

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]maybe the rival bid is now being considered.

"The" rival bid? Was a rival bid confirmed?

All it says is there have been a number of approaches over a period of months, and now one is being progressed.

Sounds like a decision has been made on which party will be taking over, it just needs to go through. So like Zabeel they could pull out, or it could fall through for another reason.
  • Options
    A 'number' of approaches?...one is a number, however 'approaches' is plural...the plot thickens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]A 'number' of approaches?...one is a number, however 'approaches' is plural...the plot thickens.

Didn't we already know that? More than one group have shown an interest, but now only one is left and their offer is being progressed.
  • Options
    I suppose, to be fair, they're only confirming what we know already, but what others less plugged into the mind-blowing 24/7 Charlton news and rumour cycle probably don't.

Still seems odd that they waited until the last possible moment to release that, unless something has changed between Monday and today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]unless something has changed between Monday and today.

Well it's likely it's got closer I'd imagine.
  • Options
    Controlling interest could be the answer as to why it's "some" but we'll drive each other even further round the bend trying to guess based on that statement.

"Something is happening but you don't what it is, do you Mr Jones?"
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]A 'number' of approaches?...one is a number, however 'approaches' is plural...the plot thickens.

Didn't we already know that? More than one group have shown an interest, but now only one is left and their offer is being progressed.

I don't think we actually knew anything.
  • Options
    After the Zabeel fiasco I'm absolutely amazed that after a 'number of approaches' not one iota of information has filtered through as to who the interested parties are or have been. Something not quite right here.....
  • Options
    This can't be the accouncement that David Rudd was told about can it?

I thought that was aimed at the MoS comments, or am I totally wrong?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]This can't be the accouncement that David Rudd was told about can it?

I thought that was aimed at the MoS comments, or am I totally wrong?

I don't know but my take on it is that since the Club spoke to the Forum there have been "further developments" as they say.

If we take the MoS story at face value an offer hadn't been made at that time. Now we know it has. My reading is that since Monday an offer had come in from one of the parties. Can't be sure if that is the party connected to Peter Varney.

Beyond that we just don't know but there is a prospect of something positive so I'm slightly excited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well in the MOS article it said buyers were close to be pulling out by this statment it indicates far from it.
  • Options
    I'm not gonna get excited just yet.....oh maybe just a little bit then.
  • Options
    I hope you're right Henry.

I am a bit non-plussed and can't see much to get over excited by myself - I hope I am just missing the positive subtext!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]Well in the MOS article it said buyers were close to be pulling out by this statment it indicates far from it.

Thats a very good point.
  • Options
    Now I know what a mushroom feels like.
  • Options
    Some of you need to get a grip.

It's a statement of fact, shows something is going on, and some of you really need to get a life if you want minute by minute updates (looks at Large)
  • Options
    I know somebody who works at the club who was told that that a statement would be on the this evening, and he was led to believe it would be favourable news. maybe it is?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Some of you need to get a grip.

It's a statement of fact, shows something is going on, and some of you really need to get a life if you want minute by minute updates (looks at Large)

LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    we asked for facts not hear say we have a piece of fact that something is going on and has been going on for months

most myself included have been pissed off by the silence that is now broken and we have heard somethingnow we must wait again this time i doubt it will be so long in coming
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we asked for facts not hear say we have a piece of fact that something is going on and has been going on for months

most myself included have been pissed off by the silence that is now broken and we have heard somethingnow we must wait again this time i doubt it will be so long in coming
    Exactly what i think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ellisaddick[/cite]I know somebody who works at the club who was told that that a statement would be on the this evening, and he was led to believe it would be favourable news. maybe it is?[/quote]

I think this is favourable - the Board are trying to say as much as they can without breaking any confidences.

What they are saying is confirming what we knew and telling us to be patient.
  • Options
    On reflection...I think this is the statement that they should have put out when the Q&A evening was cancelled.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]On reflection...I think this is the statement that they should have put out when the Q&A evening was cancelled.
    You can't say that because you don't no if their was a bid on the table then or if their was more than one partie interested.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]On reflection...I think this is the statement that they should have put out when the Q&A evening was cancelled.[/quote]
    You can't say that because you don't no if their was a bid on the table then or if their was more than one partie interested.[/quote]

If there was no bid on the table then why the NDA to keep schtumn?

We all knew that a bid was imminent and some confirmation at that point would have gone down better than a vague PR concerning legal advice recommending that the meeting be cancelled.
  • Options
    We've waited all summer for something to happen. Hopefully it'll be done within the next few weeks and we can move on, but if it secures the future of CAFC I don't think any of us will mind being in the dark for a few weeks more.
  • Options
    Personally by confirming something is going I think some of the papers will pick up in this and don't be suprised if the consortiums are revealed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]On reflection...I think this is the statement that they should have put out when the Q&A evening was cancelled.
    You can't say that because you don't no if their was a bid on the table then or if their was more than one partie interested.

If there was no bid on the table then why the NDA to keep schtumn?

We all knew that a bid was imminent and some confirmation at that point would have gone down better than a vague PR concerning legal advice recommending that the meeting be cancelled.

Could have been a NDA and/or an exclusivity period in place then.

in fact if there was an exclusivity period for one bidder and that ended without a bid that would explain the MoS story and leave the door open for another "party" and the OS story.

Oh, isn't this wild speculation and making stuff up fun ; - )

As Bob Marley once sang "soon come"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We've waited all summer for something to happen. Hopefully it'll be done within the next few weeks and we can move on, but if it secures the future of CAFC I don't think any of us will mind being in the dark for a few weeks more.

Good point. If there is a takeover that transforms the finances and fortunes of the club will we, in five years time when we are back in the Premiership and about to appear in a FC cup final, be saying "if only they had told us about the takeover a few weeks earlier back in 2009"
  • Options

As Bob Marley once sang "soon come"

Tosh!!

That is, Peter Tosh not Bob Marley (I think)
  • Options
    Well I'm encouraged by this. The fact that something has been acknowledged suggests to me that they are still engaged and working towards the end game.