Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey off to Boro?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Obviously it's not true until it's on the OS.

you keep saying that Oggy. Quite tiresome you know : -)

I suppose if you say something often enough, eventually it sinks in.

Evidently it did with me - and now I preach your mantra!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]£3.5k a week is 'only' another £182k p/a.

If we've saved £500k p/a on Hudson's wages, I think that's a reasonable sum for a high scoring midfielder who may well be our lynch pin next season - particularly if he's signed an extension which should make him more expensive for other interested parties.

I'd be amazed if Bailey is on anywhere near the figures being quoted and takeover or not we should be sorting out ourselves financially and if that means losing big earners we need to do it, no matter how painful. I would love Bailey to stay but if he is on over £10k then that's a good indication of why we're in the situation we are. Yes he's a decent player but at the end of the day we picked him up from Southend not Man U!
  • Options
    My god there's some real bollox being spouted in this thread....................someone is on a right wind-up but I wonder why?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WIZZO1952[/cite]Bailey signed a new contrct over a week ago. Club upped his money from £9000 to 12500 a week . He is not going anywhere ...FACT .....Horses mouth etc etc...[/quote]

Utter garbage. If he had signed a longer contract it would have been on the O/S, plus there is absolutely no way this Board is going to negotiate a pay increase for a player following relegation if he was on decent money to start with. If you are going to make up a rumour at least make it vaguely sensible / believeable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WIZZO1952[/cite]Bailey signed a new contrct over a week ago. Club upped his money from £9000 to 12500 a week . He is not going anywhere ...FACT .....Horses mouth etc etc...

Utter garbage. If he had signed a longer contract it would have been on the O/S, plus there is absolutely no way this Board is going to negotiate a pay increase for a player following relegation if he was on decent money to start with. If you are going to make up a rumour at least make it vaguely sensible / believeable.

Maybe they are going to do a teaser like takeover/ no take over,here is the collar of the new shirt ... now Does he sign or doesn't he!!
  • Options
    * SoundAsa£
    * CommentTime1 hour ago

# 34
    My god there's some real bollox being spouted in this thread....................someone is on a right wind-up but I wonder why?
    It's the infinite endless vacuum of space!

Oh no, wait a minute, I should be on the moon landings thread. :-)
  • Options
    If he had a relegation release clause in his contract then he could have signed a new contract removing the clause, for more money. The new contract could even terminate at the same point of the old one. This means the club gets a higher transfer fee, the player gets a slice of the higher fee (as he's not asked for the transfer) and his agent can say to Boro or whoever, "you'll have to do better than £12,500, thats what he's on at Charlton" (he wildly speculates)
  • Options
    I have a very strong feeling that report is completely wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WIZZO1952[/cite]Bailey signed a new contrct over a week ago. Club upped his money from £9000 to 12500 a week . He is not going anywhere ...FACT .....Horses mouth etc etc...

Cuckoo
  • Options
    was that a pig flying over ? Complete and utter tosh in my opinion (not the paper story but Wizzo's exclusive)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    We just got rid of Hudson because we couldn't afford his wages (reportedly 11K per week), so why or how could we pay Bailey even more now we are a league lower and without parachute payments?

Please be serious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]We just got rid of Hudson because we couldn't afford his wages (reportedly 11K per week), so why or how could we pay Bailey even more now we are a league lower and without parachute payments?

Please be serious.

I'm not saying for one minute I believe the new contract rumour but it would be far more preferable to pay Bailey big money than Hudson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]We just got rid of Hudson because we couldn't afford his wages (reportedly 11K per week), so why or how could we pay Bailey even more now we are a league lower and without parachute payments?

Please be serious.

I'm not saying for one minute I believe the new contract rumour but it would be far more preferable to pay Bailey big money than Hudson

It would indeed, if we could afford to pay it!!! But we cant.
  • Options
    the report about Boro or the new contract uncle?
  • Options
    Nicky isn't daft, he wouldn't discuss his earnings with anyone (apart from his family of course)....not even his best pals.
  • Options
    Although I'm sure many players do spout off how much they earn, I just can't see this quoted wage packet has any truth or validity in the real world.
  • Options
    It could be 'up to' that amount based on appearances perhaps but does seem pretty strange thay would increase wages by that much when people earning less got made redundant!
  • Options
    He says he wants to stay here, but money talks...
  • Options
    "Nicky isn't daft, he wouldn't discuss his earnings with anyone (apart from his family of course)....not even his best pal"

Except his agent, accountant, bank manager, any company that he has applied to for a mortgage.... etc etc
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Exiled has it spot on. It's daft to suggest that his previous moves are agent-engineered. He's a driven man, with a family who has moved to improve the quality of football he's playing and (I'd guess) his salary. Remember, he knows all about the short career when he was dumped by Fulham and drifted out of the leagues. I don't believe the choices that he's made are anything other than rationale and aren't in line with what most of us would do, in the same boat, It is insulting to imply he's being nudged into things by some shadowy money-man.

The rumour about the bumper new contract is even more infantile, made-up nonsense and not worth discussing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]the report about Boro or the new contract uncle?

I meant about Boro but i guess both really
  • Options
    He's got a parasite of an agent by all accounts, who likes to move him on at ever opportunity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He's got a parasite of an agent by all accounts, who likes to move him on at ever opportunity.

I wonder if he's got anything to do with some of the stuff we see on here?
  • Options
    Bailey's on ice while takeover talks continue taken from the SLP

CHARLTON star Nicky Bailey is a transfer target for Middlesbrough - and his Valley future rests on whether a takeover of the club is successful.
    The 25-year-old midfielder was one of the star performers for the Addicks last season - scoring an impressive 13 goals in his first campaign in the Championship following a £750,000 move to the Addicks 12 months ago.
    And the South London Press has learned that Boro, linked at the weekend with a move for the former Southend man, are keen to secure his services.
    Charlton would be expected to get at least £1.5million for Bailey, who was offered to Boro, Reading and Derby before he signed a three-year deal with the South Londoners in August.
    But the Hammersmith-born dynamo’s situation is set to be decided by the takeover talks which are continuing behind the scenes in SE7.
  • Options
    Just saw that. So we will hopefully keep him if the takeover goes through. Thought that was likely.

At least if he goes it says 'at least £1.5m', rather than the £750k originally mentioned.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Just saw that. So we will hopefully keep him if the takeover goes through. Thought that was likely.

At least if he goes it says 'at least £1.5m', rather than the £750k originally mentioned.

Confirms....(if a newspaper story can confirm anything that is) what I've thought/been saying for a couple of months or so.
  • Options
    I'd like to think the old and prospective boards might say to Boro, "if the takeover goes through we're going to keep him, but if you really want him now then £3m will do nicely"
  • Options
    Whatever happens, if we keep 2 out of him Racon and Jonjo the owners have had a blinder.
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    I would imagine our more valuable players (assets) will not be sold until we know either way if this Takeover is happening.