Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky - change of opinion...?

Comments

• Options
    according to what i've heard they want a new man and i know who he is but sworn to secrecy
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]No Takeover = Parky stays in
    Takeover = Parky Out no question

Why? What basis do you have for that statement?

I thought this thread was about has your opinion on the Manager changed ?

Worst Charlton Manager in my Lifetime based on his results think that backs up my statement for getting rid & any prospective buyer keeping him on. If we don't get taken over we cannot afford to get rid, what is your issue with that ?
  • Options
    PS I have heard no information on any Takeover so everyone please stop whispering me, it was a Joke that has clearly Backfired on me.

Just think it really is that plain black & white if we get taken over he is gone baby !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]is there clearly anyone who could do worse than parky??
    Yes, you and Seth's flaming goat!!
  • Options
    i think its perhaps the way you worded it, as if that is gospel truth and what would happen... as opposed to what you would like to happen. i think anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think its perhaps the way you worded it, as if that is gospel truth and what would happen... as opposed to what you would like to happen. i think anyway.

That's the way I read it. "no question" seems like a statement of fact not an opinion. In my opinion that is : - )
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]PS I have heard no information on any Takeover so everyone please stop whispering me.

Not what you whispered me yesterday. You said your Dad, Rick Everett, had given you the inside info.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think its perhaps the way you worded it, as if that is gospel truth and what would happen... as opposed to what you would like to happen. i think anyway.

That's the way I read it. "no question" seems like a statement of fact not an opinion. In my opinion that is : - )
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]PS I have heard no information on any Takeover so everyone please stop whispering me.

Not what you whispered me yesterday. You said your Dad, Rick Everett, had given you the inside info.

Aaarrrgghhh
  • Options
    You're all mad I tell thee!

Parky had ample opportunity to keep us up last year with what should have been one of the best squads in the Division. He didn't and in fact has the worst record of any manager we've had.

I understand the arguement abotu not wanting further change but if things happen he has to go and give the new guy as much time as possible whilst the transfer window's still open and we are starting on a level playing field with everyone else. His record indicates that inside a month we may be already out of touch with the league leaders and sinking. Far better to do it before we get to that stage.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though and as always will give the team every support.
  • Options
    Am also becoming converted. Now i see Parky as a man who trys hard to get the best out of his players i dont feel much blame can be passed to him for last season i just think the quality was lacking on the field in all areas really. I mean there is no way we can praise anyone for our poor efforts last season all we can do is concentrate on the posotives of the pre season and start of this season. If you want to blame last season on anyone i think the players have a bit to awnser for.

However let us forget the depressions of last season and bring on the might that is Wycome because if we as fans cant be posotive about the club we luv then how can we expect posotive results and posotivity in the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Parky had ample opportunity to keep us up last year with what should have been one of the best squads in the Division.

One of the best squads in the division? Based on what? Past reputations and a bit of hype by our fans? They weren't one of the best squads in the division, it was unbalanced and players had no confidence. It took a while to get confidence back. We lacked quality up front, numbers at centre back, out wide both at full back and in midfield we had inconsistent players that thrive on confidence and in central midfield so many players we didn't know how to use them. That's not a good squad.

The feeling I get is that Parkinson isn't a manager that can come in and have an instant impact when confidence is low and nothing is going well. He might well be able to build a good squad for League One though, a completely different situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Parky had ample opportunity to keep us up last year with what should have beenone of the best squads in the Division.

One of the best squads in the division? Based on what?

Our wage bill would beg to differ with your view that our squad wasn't up to it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Our wage bill would beg to differ with your view that our squad wasn't up to it.

Because the size of a clubs wage bill is the best way to measure talent? If that was true Ambrose, Todorov, Weaver and Holland should have been among the best players in the division. Maybe they would have been 7 or 8 years ago but they clearly weren't in the last two seasons.

Pardew built that squad. Yes with that wage budget it should have been one of the best squads, but that was down to Pardew, not Parkinson.
  • Options
    Decent bloke

I think both at Colchester and Hull he's proved he's got a good eye for talent and built some decent teams (though wasn't given the chance at Hull to see it through)

There are still huge doubts about his tactical ability and motivational skills. We lost too many games from winning positions last season when he was in charge.

If he's alllowed to sign a few more players I think the talent in the team might make up for this in L1 but if we are lucky enough to get promoted then I think he would get found out again in the championship.

Given our current circumstances (and assuming any takeover isn't of stella proportions) I think he's the best man for the job now, but probably not in the long term.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    People are slowly coming around to the boards way of thinking.
    Very soon,Richard and Derek will be able to step out from their bunker.After removing their tin hats,they can finally announce that there will be no takeover( like there ever was one!) and that Parkinson always was the man to take us forward.It took some time to convince us all but in a battle of patience and wits they have finally won.

Messrs Murry and Chapple,i salute you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]People are slowly coming around to the boards way of thinking.
    Very soon,Peter and Derek will be able to step out from their bunker.After removing their tin hats,they can finally announce that there will be no takeover( like there ever was one!) and that Parkinson always was the man to take us forward.It took some time to convince us all but in a battle of patience and wits they have finally won.

Messrs Murry and Chapple,i salute you.[/quote]

Gulp. LOL.... I think.
  • Options
    Agree with Scoham on this one mainly because i dont think parky is fully to blame players had no confidence and even on paper when you compared our mangled squad with someone like Burnley or Wolves we diddnt have a hope looking at their squads over ours.
  • Options
    Sorry CA.Should have changed the Peter To Richard.

Peter V is not involved in this what so ever. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]People are slowly coming around to the boards way of thinking.
    Very soon,Peter and Derek will be able to step out from their bunker.After removing their tin hats,they can finally announce that there will be no takeover( like there ever was one!) and that Parkinson always was the man to take us forward.It took some time to convince us all but in a battle of patience and wits they have finally won.

Messrs Murry and Chapple,i salute you.

If that was true, and I guess/hope you're joking, then I think Racon, Bailey & Shelvey would have been on their way by now. Definitely something on the go but, bloody hell, it's taking it's time.
  • Options
    No Joking. Just a hunch i have.
  • Options
    For the love of God how the f**k has he been doing things right ? GIVE ME THE JOB !!! ill do nothing in the CLOSED season , keep my head down and take the cash -------jesus christ how difficult is it doing f**k all and keeping out the way ? mind you to be honest he did have all the time he was Pardews number two to polish his keeping out the way skills.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]mind you to be honest he did have all the time he was Pardews number two to polish his keeping out the way skills.

correct he had nothing whatsoever to do with pardews successful spell in charge of us , he wasn't allowed an opinion or voice he didn't coach them so it must have been a huge surprise to him when he found the players as they were cos it wasn't anything to do with him until he took charge for his brilliant spell ... still don't forget he done well at colchester
  • Options
    Don't know where i stand really but think Ketman's first post on this thread is what will happen.
  • Options
    Sooooooooooooooo he took the cash for being Pardews number two but actually did nothing ? well banked the cash. Then after doing nothing he was given the caretaker manager and after being judged on results (no crying) he was given the job. We then finish 13 points adrift. He carries on baking the cash. During the closed season he dosnt know if he has a job or not, but the cash is still being banked. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo im supposed to think he has done what ? other than bank cash for doing a F**KIN TOTAL SHIT JOB ?

you could paint a dog turd with gold leaf and tell yourself its agold bar------------------its just a lump of shit in the real world.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sooooooooooooooo he took the cash for being Pardews number two but actually did nothing ? well banked the cash. Then after doing nothing he was given the caretaker manager and after being judged on results (no crying) he was given the job. We then finish 13 points adrift. He carries on baking the cash. During the closed season he dosnt know if he has a job or not, but the cash is still being banked. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo im supposed to think he has done what ? other than bank cash for doing a F**KIN TOTAL SHIT JOB ?

you could paint a dog turd with gold leaf and tell yourself its agold bar
    its just a lump of shit in the real world.

So, just to clarify, you'd like Parky to leave? ;0)
  • Options
    I really want Parky to stay now just because it winds GH up so much and makes him post stuff like the about. I can hear the veins on his forehead popping as he types.

The best entertainment you can get on CL on a quiet summers day with no football news : - )

For "real" news on the Parky situation just whisper Ketman. Not saying everyone is going to like it but there you go.
  • Options
    No Takeover = Parky stays in

This is most likely and i like that fact but it needs to be sorted NOW end of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    it needs to be sorted NOW.

In three months,how many times has this been said?
  • Options
    so... so many

But my point is we need it to go through before the season begins!
  • Options
    Yea we need some sort of guarentee about this really
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]No Takeover = Parky stays in

I doubt this is true