Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky - change of opinion...?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think you sir could be very wrong Ketman back me up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I think you sir could be very wrong Ketman back me up!

OK but I doubt it
  • Options
    Look Ketman is Rick Everett's son, everyone knows that so he's in the know. FACT

Where as this Brunello guy?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    blah
  • Options
    OK OK OK My Dad doesnt work there but my neighbours wifes sisters cousins friends uncles boyfriends bosses ex wifes new lodgers nephew...........................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]OK OK OK My Dad doesnt work there but my neighbours wifes sisters cousins friends uncles boyfriends bosses ex wifes new lodgers nephew...........................

Well you should have said. I'm with you then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Our wage bill would beg to differ with your view that our squad wasn't up to it.

Because the size of a clubs wage bill is the best way to measure talent?

No of course is isn't. I was clearly being ironic, however, if you're telling me you looked at our playing squad this time last year and thought to yourself "That looks like a bottom half of the table team to me" (let alone bottom 3!!!), frankly I don't believe you.

As others have pointed out Parky wasn't parachuted in half way through, - he has been an integral part of our demise for the last couple of years.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]OK OK OK My Dad doesnt work there but my neighbours wifes sisters cousins friends uncles boyfriends bosses ex wifes new lodgers nephew all do...........................

Well you should have said. I'm with you then.

Sorry Brunello i didn't know that you were so well connected!

;oD
  • Options
    This has to be the most bizarre thread ever.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]As others have pointed out Parky wasn't parachuted in half way through, -he has been an integral part of our demise for the last couple of years.

Yeah sorry should have realised that. But no, this time last year I thought we'd be mid table, and I hoped for playoffs.

Although I did actually think if everything went wrong we could struggle and end up in a relegation battle. Never really thought it would happen. Might seem like I'm making that up but we had struggled since January and there was always a danger of it carrying on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]This has to be the most bizarre thread ever.

toothguy.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Our wage bill would beg to differ with your view that our squad wasn't up to it.

Because the size of a clubs wage bill is the best way to measure talent? If that was true Ambrose, Todorov, Weaver and Holland should have been among the best players in the division. Maybe they would have been 7 or 8 years ago but they clearly weren't in the last two seasons.

Pardew built that squad. Yes with that wage budget it should have been one of the best squads, but that was down to Pardew, not Parkinson.

On this basis Martin Christianson should play every week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]For the love of God how the f**k has he been doing things right ? GIVE ME THE JOB !!! ill do nothing in the CLOSED season , keep my head down and take the cash
    jesus christ how difficult is it doing f**k all and keeping out the way ? mind you to be honest he did have all the time he was Pardews number two to polish his keeping out the way skills.

You mean the 2-1 nailbiting victory over Crawley didn't get you to change your mind about our mastermind???
  • Options
    I think he's acted with dignity over the summer and is clearly working in very difficult and uncertain circumstances but in my opinion he isn't the man to take us forward. He took over a squad last season that was only three points adrift of safety and more than capable of at least staying up. We didn't, he failed. End of. Whatever happens he should go but if the takeover fails to materialise I think he will initially stay as the current Board can't afford to get rid but they will be forced to somehow act about five games in after a disasterous start.
  • Options
    No!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think he's acted with dignity over the summer and is clearly working in very difficult and uncertain circumstances but in my opinion he isn't the man to take us forward. He took over a squad last season that was only three points adrift of safety and more than capable of at least staying up. We didn't, he failed. End of. Whatever happens he should go but if the takeover fails to materialise I think he will initially stay as the current Board can't afford to get rid but they will be forced to somehow act about five games in after a disasterous start.

Dignity?
    He has kept quiet and collected his paycheck.
    Not everyone would have done that. Some would have resigned the untenable position that he finds himself him. Others would have spoken out, and likely gotten the sack.

He is doing what is best for his family; he's still getting paid.
    He is doing what is asked of him by the board.
    Whether it is a good career move, or not, we'll have to see where he goes after he leaves Charlton (which may be sooner, it may be later, but it is inevitable).
  • Options
    To be honest i've got the utmost respect to PP for the way he's handled himself during the past 12 months.

He had to put up with being a number 2 to an absolute tw*t, then, when he got sacked he had to perform the impossible in turning not-so-good, low on confidence players into a team of players capable of winning football games (never going to happen).

He did get near to it but the one thing that grates on me is that we were in winning positions soooo many times and ended up losing that i have my doubts as to the tactical awareness of this man.

For that reason, and that reason only, i would consider a replacement (maybe Jose (if Sven can go to Notts County then who knows?!)) but on the other hand lets get behind PP.

Confused Lifer please help.
  • Options
    as much as i want to support pp i just can't. he's rubbish. simple as that. if he was a good manager he would have been given a managers job....not pardews number two. if he was a good manager he would have kept us up because even though we were low on confidence and not playing well, we had the core of a team which was certainly good enough to stay up. they needed a good kick up the a*se and a manager which gave them all a role and made sure they stuck to it....pp's tactical awareness, his ability to close out games, his ability to motivate and get the players "up for it" is just non apparent. and when i look at the season ahead i really do worry....pretty much the first team at crawley and we certainly struggled to say the least.

i also know there isn't a ready made replacement in the wings and we don't want to become like newcastle changing our manager every two and a half weeks but i firmly stick by the fact that i believe pp is not the man for the job and never was
  • Options
    Have managed to speak to PP and a number of players in the last couple of weeks and the guy is full of fight and hoping for good news himself and the players to quote one or two are "feeling really good" and "raring to go". Last season has gone, Pardew is well gone and PP has done a really good job of getting our players' minds right in readiness for their new challenge imho. We do have some talented youngsters in Jonjo, Racon, Semedo, Sam, Youga and Dickson to name but a few and if we can hold on to Bailey, Jonjo and Fortune, plus add a few, we will be well placed to have a real good promotion fight.
  • Options
    'getting the players minds right'???!!!! What by saying his 'hands are tied' and that 'everybody can see there are gaps' and he 'needs to get five players in'....even if all of that is true (and I see it as getting your excuses in early), how does that kind of public utterances constitute getting players minds right? Parkinson signals that what we have isn't good enough, does that impact on the players we have? if I were a player I want to feel backed up, not looking over my shoulder all the time for the arrival of my replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing 4-5-1 in this division might just prove to be inspired considering the real quality of the midfield we have at present. Most teams will be set up to combat two big lumps up front and having to deal with a goalscoring quality opposition midfield might prove very difficult. That aside I would like to see a proven goalgetter coming in.
  • Options
    For those that would rather PP were out, assuming he is still here for the start of the season and the assumption is that the board have let him keep the job, what results over the 1st 10 games would persuade you that he should be kept on? I think seth based on your previous comments it would be 20 points out of 30 (I.e. 2 points per game). Would performance in the cups have any relevance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]For those that would rather PP were out, assuming he is still here for the start of the season and the assumption is that the board have let him keep the job, what results over the 1st 10 games would persuade you that he should be kept on? I think seth based on your previous comments it would be 20 points out of 30 (I.e. 2 points per game). Would performance in the cups have any relevance.

I've just had a look at the stats and in our one hundred years plus history Charlton have NEVER managed to average 2 points per game over a season (including converting the 2 points to 3 points). If we are going to set targets lets keep them realistic. My Targets would be top half after 10 games if no takeover and top 5 after 10 games if we have had money to keep and strengthen the squad.
  • Options
    Kap, two points per game would be about right. I base my hopes on winning every home game, and drawing every away game. So a sequence of, say, home win, away win, home win, away draw, away win, home draw, away draw, home win, away defeat....would lead to a tolerance of a home defeat in the next game.
    As far as cup performances are factored in, they are all about money and the gaining and losing of face, and trying fringe players....losing a cup game at home to Accrington would be a bad thing, winning a game at Brentford in order to get a tie against Arsenal would be a good thing, winning an away cup game at crystal palace would also be a good thing.
    Throughout I want to believe that the players care about the results, however that is dressed up....I always believed that gary Nelson, John Robinson cared, even if they were not the best players in the world. I want that again, we may have patches in our knees and arses hanging out of our trousers, but I want to believe the playing staff care.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Playing 4-5-1 in this division might just prove to be inspired considering the real quality of the midfield we have at present. Most teams will be set up to combat two big lumps up front and having to deal with a goalscoring quality opposition midfield might prove very difficult. That aside I would like to see a proven goalgetter coming in.

You Guru you