Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GERRARD GUILTY!!!

Comments

• Options
    Since when has there been justice in the legal system......
    If he is found guilty, he will appeal.... slick QC will get a suspended at worst. When I met Gerrard he seemed like a decent bloke,signed autographs and was very down to earth.. but then he had not been drinking.

I 'understand' the bloke he hit was an 'arsehole,' .......not that excuses it but cannot see Gerrard being public enemy No 1.....

I am biased I rate him as the best England player today, what was he suppossed to do get his 'minders' to sort the bloke out.....

Check out if the 'victim' has a history of this type of thing.........
  • Options
    6 months with timeout to play for England..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]The fact is most people who did this wouldn't go to prison. So the Judge has two options (if he is found guilty as he should be). Punish him to the full extent of the law, making an example of him, or, like he would in any similar case, give the guy however many hours of community service is the norm.

Personally, I'd make an example of him, but priding ourselves on being the home of democracy, i'd have morale issues in simply recreating a USSR-esq show trial. If he gets six months would it stop others doing the same, yes it would. You have to weight up the greater good.

I can't think that giving him a tougher sentence would make any difference to other cases. As far as I can make out, people who act violently have at least one of the following conditions:
    - being drunk
    - being on drugs
    - having a naturally violent nature
    - being incredibly wound up about something (not necessarily the thing that sparks the violence)

If one or more of these applies, I'm sure the last thing someone would do is to think about what custodial sentence they might get. And even if they did, they'd realise that they won't be made an example of in the same way.
  • Options
    he will be found guilty ordered to pay a little bit of comp and to cover the costs, will get a susp sentance between 3 and 6 months and warned about his future behaviour
  • Options
    ole riscardo chucks in a grenade and then ***** off and let's it blow up.

come on ya can't do that LOL
  • Options
    I can't think that giving him a tougher sentence would make any difference to other cases. As far as I can make out, people who act violently have at least one of the following conditions:
    - being drunk
    - being on drugs
    - having a naturally violent nature
    - being incredibly wound up about something (not necessarily the thing that sparks the violence)

- they think they can get away with it.. the presence of cctv means people might think twice with a high profile case like this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]The fact is most people who did this wouldn't go to prison. So the Judge has two options (if he is found guilty as he should be). Punish him to the full extent of the law, making an example of him, or, like he would in any similar case, give the guy however many hours of community service is the norm.

Personally, I'd make an example of him, but priding ourselves on being the home of democracy, i'd have morale issues in simply recreating a USSR-esq show trial. If he gets six months would it stop others doing the same, yes it would. You have to weight up the greater good.

Two thing that make this post quite ridiculous....1...He's not been foung guilty 'yet'............ despite your 'as he should be' comment....2...You want arguably our best England player to go in the slammer for 6 months in the misguided hope that it would discourage others(no chance) and for such a piddling issue...Jeeezuz!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think this is worse than the Joey Barton case...

Barton's attack was his own work, Gerrard's was a gang assault...

If Gerrards mates hadn't been there to pull him off it could have been much worse...

Throw the book at him...

Don't forget the Bellamy assault on Riise with golf club either, seems like they have a 'I'm a hard basterd' culture at that club....
  • Options
    Gerrards mates pulled him off on camera....?
  • Options
    20,000 Scousers have confirmed that Gerrard was in his hotel room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Gerrards mates pulled him off on camera....?
    Gerrard was clearly being restrained by his mates and he was clearly trying to get back at the bloke...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Gerrards mates pulled him off on camera....?
    Gerrard was clearly being restrained by his mates and he was clearly trying to get back at the bloke...

twas a little pun old chap
  • Options
    quote][cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]The fact is most people who did this wouldn't go to prison. So the Judge has two options (if he is found guilty as he should be). Punish him to the full extent of the law, making an example of him, or, like he would in any similar case, give the guy however many hours of community service is the norm.

Personally, I'd make an example of him, but priding ourselves on being the home of democracy, i'd have morale issues in simply recreating a USSR-esq show trial. If he gets six months would it stop others doing the same, yes it would. You have to weight up the greater good.[/quote]

Two thing that make this post quite ridiculous....1...He's not been foung guilty 'yet'............ despite your 'as he should be' comment....2...You want arguably our best England player to go in the slammer for 6 months in the misguided hope that it would discourage others(no chance) and for such a piddling issue...Jeeezuz!

So because he is Englands our best player, it gives him and his mates a licence to give someone a kicking?

Would it be such a "piddling issue" if it was someone you knoew that was on the receiving end.

And you say that the original post was ridiculous!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]quote][cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]The fact is most people who did this wouldn't go to prison. So the Judge has two options (if he is found guilty as he should be). Punish him to the full extent of the law, making an example of him, or, like he would in any similar case, give the guy however many hours of community service is the norm.

So because he is Englands our best player, it gives him and his mates a licence to give someone a kicking?

Would it be such a "piddling issue" if it was someone you knoew that was on the receiving end.

[cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]quote][cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]The fact is most people who did this wouldn't go to prison. So the Judge has two options (if he is found guilty as he should be). Punish him to the full extent of the law, making an example of him, or, like he would in any similar case, give the guy however many hours of community service is the norm.

A good kicking FFS......... he wasn't even knocked down....hardly a scratch on him really...!
    I've been in dozens of tear up's in my youth far far worse than that and I certainly would never have gone running to the Old Bill over such a stupid little matter..........I'd have been ashamed.
  • Options
    If he's guilty he should go down - this doesn't seem to be a case of punching someone once or twice in self-defence as Gerrard is suggesting, but a more sustained assault which goes beyond the bounds of protecting oneself. In addition as a rolemodel judges tend to be a tad harsher in sentencing as leniency suggests that there is one rule for the rich/famous and one for the rest. The one rule for them only works with white-collar criminals who are part of the establishment.
  • Options
    that's your choice though, and under the law 'innocent' people are protected against assault. Whether this guy fits that description I'm not sure.
  • Options
    .............But not guilty of affray.
  • Options
    Not Guilty.
    As Cilla sez...."Suprise,Suprise !"
  • Options
    I still don't understand how a popular local celbrity can get a 'fair' trial in his home town.

All his mates pleaded guilty he's on camera throwing punches and is found not guilty... is he above the law?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Not Guilty

Well done to MOG for getting in first
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I still don't understand how a popular local celbrity can get a 'fair' trial in his home town.

All his mates pleaded guilty he's on camera throwing punches and is found not guilty... is he above the law?

You wern't in the court to hear all the evidence...too may folk in this thread talking about his guilt because they enjoy seeing personalities in the shyte....it makes no odds to me one way or the other to be honest, someone is innocent UNTIL proven guilty and a good few on here need to remember that....no matter how much you may not like it....It's the very cornerstone of British Justice.
    This guy, for all we know ,might have been bang out of order...I don't know I wasn't there or in the court...were any of you, how much did he contribute to his own down fall....I simply don't know? Just accept that 12 citizens who know better than us because they've been presented with the 'facts' have found him not guilty?
    I have been involved( as I'm sure a good few on here have) where I threw the first punch simply because I knew if I didn't then they would........it happens sometimes.....it looks bad on you of course but you know in your heart of hearts that you didn't have a lot of choice......all a long time ago of course but I've not forgotten a few occasions when that was the case.
  • Options
    A 10 second alcohol fueled late night brawl between young men in a UK city/town! There must be hundreds of such incidents every Friday and Saturday night! And it goes to a trial by jury! What a rediculous waste of police, legal and juror's time and effort not to mention cost.

Meanwhile violent gangs rule certain areas of Liverpool using knives and guns. And 10 year old kids playing near their homes get shot and killed as a result of gang land feuds. Or, have I missed something? Have the police in Liverpool arrested and jailed all the members of these violent gangs and so now have the time to prosecute minor disorder offences?
  • Options
    I am afraid the guy he 'allegedly assaulted'...... is a 'known trouble maker', big secret sssssssh.
    Stevie G seemed to be or as I call him 'Englands best footballer' seemed to be on trial for what he was...
    agreed an overpayed footballer.......

But then we have had a few of those at this club, and they do not have a tenth of this guy's ability!
    '
    Why do we want to destroy a guy who is a talented player who was buying people drinks, probably acting a bit 'flash' and showing off to his mates!......

Come on guys, he could afford to buy the club on his credit card!

I think people are pissed off with him, because he has an attractive wife, and has talent to play football, and is world class, and we have few of those........

No excuse for being a bore and and a bully, but he fronted the guy up, who thought he could intimidate, and did not like it when he got a 'slap'

Twenty years ago would have been settled in the car park.......
  • Options
    it was caught on cctv, and just cos of the other things you raise doesn't mean this shouldn't get justice. Had he pleaded guilty like his chums to affray i doubt it would have gone to jury, so its his fault.
  • Options
    How many of the 12 were Liverpool fans?
  • Options
    You can only judge a case on its merits. Whether Soundsasa£ has been in bigger rucks isn't relevant. Whether there are dangerous gangs in Liverpool is not relevant. Whether there are hundreds of these rows in the UK - how is that relevant to this case?? It's not!!

However the bloke did end up losing teeth and having stitches. Luckily for Gerrard that's fine by the justice system. If you're a footballer.
  • Options
    I am not one saying he should be sent downand locked up for 2 years etc but I think it is laughable when his friends have pleaded guilty to affray that he has gotten off.
    The OJ Simpson jury would be proud of this verdict.
  • Options
    The rumour mill continues. Story just received which in itself is funny, true or not ..

The reason why Steven Gerrard hit that dj is cos Steven's wife Alex is known to have had an affair with some big time villain while with Steven. It's rumoured his eldest daughter isn't his daughter but actually the villain's. The daughter is called Annnie and the dj is supposed to have played Kid Creole's "Annie I'm Not Your Daddy" five times in an hour and that's why Gerrard belted him.

Just so's you know.
  • Options
    If SoundAsa£ has been in worse rows, I think he should be banned from Charlton Life.

We don't want those type of ruffians on here do we??

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    This guy, for all we know ,might have been bang out of order...I don't know I wasn't there or in the court...were any of you, how much did he contribute to his own down fall....I simply don't know? Just accept that 12 citizens who know better than us because they've been presented with the 'facts' have found him not guilty?
    Good future defence that...

'You're bang out of order and contributing to your own downfall so me and several of me mates are gonna give you a good kicking and don't bother going to the busies coz my name's Steven Gerrard and I'm a famous....'