Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GERRARD GUILTY!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Quite right that's always been the case because it has it's roots in the French "effroi", meaning dread or terror. So you only have to make someone affraid to commit affray.

If that is the case summons the Charlton management...... 'I dread the forthcoming season' having been terrorised the past three seasons.......
  • Options
    And Amy got off as well!
  • Options
    Jury in Liverpool let someone off shocker, no wonder there is now a expression for a "scouse jury"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Quite right that's always been the case because it has it's roots in the French "effroi", meaning dread or terror. So you only have to make someone affraid to commit affray.
    The French word 'effroi' actually comes from the English word 'effoff'...

Example of use: 'If you think you can convict me, a superstar footballer, of affray in my hometown city you can effoff....'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Quite right that's always been the case because it has it's roots in the French "effroi", meaning dread or terror. So you only have to make someone affraid to commit affray.
    The French word 'effroi' actually comes from the English word 'effoff'... Example of use: 'If you think you can convict me, a superstar footballer, of affray in my hometown city you can effoff....'

You had already made up your mind before the trial that he was guilty....what an intelligent fella you are.....and even when he's found not guilty he's STILL guilty in your eyes....mate people like you amaze me.
    He was found not guilty.............. get over it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]And Amy got off as well!

It was a London Jury....bound to get off!
  • Options
    Even tho he admitted it ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]You had already made up your mind before the trial that he was guilty....what an intelligent fella you are.....and even when he's found not guilty he's STILL guilty in your eyes....mate people like you amaze me.
    He was found not guilty.............. get over it.
    Before the trial I thought Gerrard was probably just another victim of 'You're famous so I'll make a few quid out of a trumped up incident...' Unfortunately it happens to famous people all the time, I actually felt sorry for him...The clue that led me to suspect he might have done it though was when he told the court he actually 'did it', and when the video of him clearly punching seven buckets of shiite out of the bloke confirmed his story I thought to meself, 'Allo, this Gerrard bloke's telling the truth afterall, he did do it...'I don't usually have a problem with the British justice system but every now and then we get cases where the verdict clearly becomes a travesty of true justice, I, and quite a few others on here might well agree, think this case was one of those travesties...
  • Options
    Celeb 'tinted specs' SoundAsa£, me old mate? Stevie G is a scally - brilliant footballer - but a scally.

He was found "not guilty" because of who he is. End of! 'Shit happens' and life goes on.
  • Options
    IMO it's made a mockery of the system.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This whole "scouse jury" argument just doesn't stand up. If he was guilty and the decision was only made for footballing reasons, surely there would have been at least one Evertonian on the jury who would have only been too glad to go against the grain. But there wasn't - it was unanimous.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Celeb 'tinted specs' SoundAsa£, me old mate? Stevie G is a scally - brilliant footballer - but a scally.

He was found "not guilty" because of who he is. End of! 'Shit happens' and life goes on.

Celeb tinted specs Chaz...how little you know me pal...Jeezuz.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Celeb 'tinted specs' SoundAsa£, me old mate? Stevie G is a scally - brilliant footballer - but a scally.

Celeb tinted specs Chaz...how little you know me pal...Jeezuz...I've worked for more celebs than you've had hot dinners I should think!

Yeah I bet !!
    Name 753 !
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    My dad was involved in the Ken Dodd trial years ago. The Inland Revenue wanted the trial to take place outside of Liverpool for obvious reasons. It was held in Liverpool and he was found not guilty, much to the dismay of the Revenue who were extremely confident with the case and this reminds me of that. I don't know the ins outs of the Gerrard case but I do know having travelled pretty far and wide in England that the people in Liverpool are amongst the most parochial that I've come across and that the famous scouse sense of humour is a total fallacy. There was no chance that he would be found guilty in a crown court in Liverpool even if there were Evertonians on the jury. I can't explain it, you have to understand how they view things up there and it's different to us. They think that Michael Shields should be set free despite being found guilty in a court of law but that they had no culpable role at Hillsborough and I find it all a bit much. I probably would rather be a Palace fan than one of them. (Maybe I've gone too far now and have had too many Black Sheep (I mean the beer not the real thing!))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Low_Ears[/cite]My dad was involved in the Ken Dodd trial years ago. The Inland Revenue wanted the trial to take place outside of Liverpool for obvious reasons. It was held in Liverpool and he was found not guilty, much to the dismay of the Revenue who were extremely confident with the case and this reminds me of that. I don't know the ins outs of the Gerrard case but I do know having travelled pretty far and wide in England that the people in Liverpool are amongst the most parochial that I've come across and that the famous scouse sense of humour is a total fallacy. There was no chance that he would be found guilty in a crown court in Liverpool even if there were Evertonians on the jury. I can't explain it, you have to understand how they view things up there and it's different to us. They think that Michael Shields should be set free despite being found guilty in a court of law but that they had no culpable role at Hillsborough and I find it all a bit much. I probably would rather be a Palace fan than one of them. (Maybe I've gone too far now and have had too many Black Sheep (I mean the beer not the real thing!))

Ken Dodd got off???!?!?!

Did he!!?!.....................
  • Options
    No....(giggle)...........

Dodd he !
  • Options
    SoundAsa£ : Clearly don't mix in the same circles as you (would I want to yes/no?). I do however know a bit about how the legal systems works and have spent a lot of time in Liverpool. SG was never going to be convicted by a Liverpool jury as I have stated previously (even with Evertonians on the jury). There is an anti-authority (especially anti police) mind set in most 'grassroots' Merseysiders. When the chips are down they will 'look after their own'.

Low_Ears post is on the right lines, although a bit over the top, as the same sort of things happen in other UK cities. Personally, I have always enjoyed my time in Liverpool and found plenty of scouse humour and friendship. Certainly around me being a Charlton fan! I would certainly rather be a scouser than a Palace fan!

Another question. Who would you bet on. Gerrard or Barton in a rumble? Over two legs. First, in the Street outside McDonald's in Church St, Liverpool. Return leg in a poncey bar in Southport?
  • Options
    Bear in mind that Gerrard could afford and no doubt employed the best legal representaion that you could buy.

Liverpool was planning a week of feeling sorry for themselves but this has been cancelled after his acquittal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Another question. Who would you bet on. Gerrard or Barton in a rumble? Over two legs. First, in the Street outside McDonald's in Church St, Liverpool. Return leg in a poncey bar in Southport?
    Depends on what the rules are. Anything goes? Barton.
  • Options
    I reckon Barton could take Gerrard plus his mates by himself.