Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum says "time for some answers"

Comments

• Options
    In which case Rothko, press that paste button!

Just to return to Dave Rudd's letter - if the letter is merely meant as a display of frustration that things aren't happening as we may have been led to believe, then fair enough. I just wouldn't sell it as demanding answers you're unlikely to get (possibly because there isn't an answer).
  • Options
    Personally, I look forward with interest to the statement being made at 7.45pm tomorrow evening and expected to last for 90 minutes, with a 15-minute interval. That may be revealing of itself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

All it all, it doesn't say anything that is not already known to most.

I disagree. The accusation that one or more directors are holding up the sale has been aired on here, and elsewhere, many times and has been given much credence by some posters.

This is the first time, to my knowledge, that a PLC director has denied it in public.

People can decide whether to believe a PLC director or not but at least it is a fresh comment on the current situation.
  • Options
    On 25 Jul 2009, at 13:00, David Sumners wrote:

> Believe me, no money from transfers or otherwise has found its way into
    > director's pockets - the flow has only ever been in the opposite direction
    > apart from a couple of salaries that are there for all to read in the annual
    > report. As for the notion that a couple of directors would block a sale to
    > avoid taking a loss- nothing could be further from the truth.
  • Options
    Interesting. The plot thickens.
  • Options
    "There is talk among fans about staging some form of protest at Tuesday night's game against Ipswich to highlight the growing frustration about the perceived lack of progress, lack of urgency and lack of communication being shown by the club."

What protest? When and where?
  • Options
    Look, this is hardly the main point but David Sumners has been posting on the Mailing List for 11 years, and the good thing about it is that people use their real names. If he wanted to post to a wider audience, he would.

You've posted it anyway Sacha, and I expect he remembers that your family name is Zarb.

I don't think the plot thickens a result of his mail at all. He's simply seeing off some rather outlandish criticism.
  • Options
    Well shit shock horror people know my name!

It's on a public email list that anyone could subscribe to, it's out there already.
  • Options
    It really doesn't mean anything at all though, does it?

If I offer to buy the club for £1, on condition of wiping out the friendly debt, the directors will turn me down and David's statement will be untrue, yet no one would think they were unreasonable.

At the other extreme, the main directors will take a loss on any conceivable scenario, because they are not going to recover the substantial loans long since converted into equity.
  • Options
    guys, try concentrating on the issues, not the individuals.

Its natural amid the current climate the risk of friction increases ten-fold, but if we all try just debating on the points and take the personal stuff out of it, we've much more chance of making progress / having a decent debate.

Please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Just to return to Dave Rudd's letter ...

Pedantic, I know, but an important detail ........ it's a Fans' Forum letter.
  • Options
    Harsh to criticise the Fans Forum.

The parameters have been defined by the Club and thus it is limited in what realistically it can achieve.

Given that constraint, which I stress is no fault of theirs, Dave, Tel et al have done an excellent job sine the inception of the Fans forum.

I suspect that they are just as, if not more given the work they have put in, frustrated as the rest of us and if the Supporters Trust is considered a realistic option after the meeting next week then they will throw their weight behind it.

This is a time for unity not petty bickering amongst factions of the now largely defunct supporters club.
  • Options
    Fan's Forum Members Letter to be even more pedantic as I wasnt consulted about its content. ;-)

Don't respond, I was being childish!
  • Options
    Well done Dave and the FF, we need to continue putting pressure on the Board and the unknown purchasers so that a conclusion is reached asap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The parameters have been defined by the Club and thus it is limited in what realistically it can achieve.

I don't think anyone is blaming the individual members of the Forum for the fact the Forum itself is useless, quite the opposite in fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Well shit shock horror people know my name!

It's on a public email list that anyone could subscribe to, it's out there already.

Where is this mailing list? I've heard of it before but don't know anything else about it.
  • Options
    Here it is.

It's been going for donkey's years, still tends to have some of the factions that Len refers to squabbling on it.
  • Options
    In all the bickering, Suzi's perceptive comment seems to have got overlooked.

She wrote : "I don't think they'll answer the questions, but I think that if they don't keep being asked they'll pretend that nothing is wrong."

The most astute remark in this whole thread. It's the job of the FF to keep asking those questions, so well done Dave Rudd et al.
  • Options
    Henry you write:

'Avoid the point as ever Seth, switch it back to the person pointing out your mistakes as ever.'

I have not made a 'mistake', I said that if the club respects the fans there ought to be a reply by 5pm today.
    You are not the person pointing out my mistakes 'as ever', and if your point is that what I write is ridiculous, and in order to moan in the morning, and to appear 'hard', then your speculation about my motives is wrong.
    As for personalising things, read the thread back and you will see that I did not do that, unlike you. However since you have chosen to personalise things regarding me, i have responded.
    Hope that clears things up for you.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    STOP ALL THE BICKERING PLEASE TRY REASONED DEBATING!!!

You are all entitled to opinions - BUT we ALL want our charlton back so by bitching at one another you're gonna make this even less likely!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fair enough I m also stressing about the situation the club and supporters are in, but I do not think that sending this type of mail will help in any way, shape or form. What is the point of stirring stuff up and talking about fans action.. when all we want is for the club to be taken over... don't you think that the board / consortium want to get something sorted as soon as possible ?? for both sides.
    Every 30mins I check the OS, NewsNow.co.uk and this forum in anticipation. Fine if you guys DEMANDE some sort of answer, but would you want them to say ohhh it will be signed by the end of the week and nothing happens ????

Just sit back and wait for an answer and stop all that protest rubbish... Prostesting has never done any good especially when the club might get taken over... would you want a club where fans will rebel when they don't get an answer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]STOP ALL THE BICKERING PLEASE TRY REASONED DEBATING!!!

You are all entitled to opinions - BUT we ALL want our charlton back so by bitching at one another you're gonna make this even less likely!

Well said, sir.
  • Options
    At the moment we are assuming, very possibly incorrectly, that it's the Club (and factions within the board) that is holding up the sale. Has anyone stopped to wonder if it's this mysterious consortium that is dawdling on their side of the bargain? I'm sure many of us have witnessed protracted negotiations that have been let down because the buyers want to re-negotiate some part of the deal that had already been agreed, maybe that's the case here??
  • Options
    I was only moved to write really, to second nigel w's praise of suzi's earlier post, it is a shame it got lost in the cross fire.

Well done to the FF for this and all previous contributions, they do provide an invaluable link to the club, however infrequent the club's responses are! We need to keep our voice heard and the FF do this admirably.
  • Options
    Jeeeez guys some of the bickering........it's like a bunch of bald men fighting over a comb!

FF Good luck with your letter, I hope you all get the answers you want, you are owed some openess.
  • Options
    Well Put SOS

And thanks for your kindness.
  • Options
    Complain that the FF does nothing. Complain that it is toothless. Complain that the FF is hamstrung by the Club. Complain that it writes its concerns in a well structured letter. Complain it mentions fans unrest. Complain it mentions a posible fans protest. Complain that others complain about the content. Complain that others complain about the complaints.

Bit of a common thread that this letter has served to reinforce.

When a Son of Selhurst is one of the rational posts, it should make us all worry.

I do not know the answer to our predicament but I will wager that complaining will not get us out of it.

Yes, I realise the irony
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: biged29[/cite]I was only moved to write really, to second nigel w's praise of suzi's earlier post, it is a shame it got lost in the cross fire.

Well done to the FF for this and all previous contributions, they do provide an invaluable link to the club, however infrequent the club's responses are! We need to keep our voice heard and the FF do this admirably.[/quote]

Thats good LOL

And agreed Bickering come on guys sort it out

As Curb_It would say Prats ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Harsh to criticise the Fans Forum.

The parameters have been defined by the Club and thus it is limited in what realistically it can achieve.

Given that constraint, which I stress is no fault of theirs, Dave, Tel et al have done an excellent job sine the inception of the Fans forum.

I suspect that they are just as, if not more given the work they have put in, frustrated as the rest of us and if the Supporters Trust is considered a realistic option after the meeting next week then they will throw their weight behind it.

This is a time for unity not petty bickering amongst factions of the now largely defunct supporters club.[/quote]

Well said Lenny,

Although I don't agree about the Supporters Club being defunct - its another very useful tool in box (please excuse the less than pleasant associations)

The whole club is in transition and a state of shock and numbness from the Board and admin is only human

We have a squad (albeit with many weaknesses) that will take at least a year to build into a winning team so we have to be patient

We have a manager that has been forced into a dreadful situation and hasn't moaned once. Frankly I wouldn't expect anyone to do any better with what he's been lumbered with. We should be thankful he is still taking training. As for Kins, without even a contract - top man.

We also have a body of fans that lots of clubs would be envious of - we are actually doing something now with the ST that could be the lifeline for the longterm future of the club

All in all I don't think the picture is as bleak as some are painting - although I do understand their concerns.

We all have to be patient, wait for the negotiations to finalise and then move on. I have seen these go on for years! Meanwhile we have to do our bit and show support to the players and management and make them confident so we get the best out of what we have got.

I really do not expect any major differences if and when the talks are concluded - no one has any money!