Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum says "time for some answers"

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I would say that even if the FF now directs its own interview process, it is still not 'owned' by the supporters. The club appointed the reps, now they in turn appoint new members presumably subject to the club having the final say. It is a valid point that supporters have no direct influence in the election process and this is a weakness which could do with a closer look.

Not at all....the club had no say when I was actively involved. When recruiting you have to look to the dynamics of the group and what skills or traits they can bring to the table...thats something that voting a person on via poll or voting procedure cant possibly do...how do you suggest that can be dealt with?

Voting via who has the largest number of Charlton mates isnt going to achieve anything....as i said 400 out of 23,000 was hardly a stunning turnout was it...

While what you say about recruiting people with relevant skills and traits makes some sense, it has nothing to do with democracy or representation. It is very open to the perception that it is forum members choosing their own mates to join them - whether or not that is true.

Whether or why people vote in elections is not the point; it's the fact that they can which matters and which lends the elected party credibility.

Rick as an employee of the club you really need to pull your head in a bit mate. At every opportunity on CL where the Forum is involved you seem to pop up with an objection...maybe if people like you within the club supported the function it would be more succesful and have a bit more credibility...and just for the record, I didnt know any of the Forum members before I joined.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, Tel, but I'll take my chances.

As it happens, it's not me that has limited my involvement with the forum - or indeed you.

It was evidently felt that the relationship was better managed by people who are not Charlton supporters and who have no relevant experience.
  • Options
    Fair do's Rick :-)

Sorry that did make me chuckle....
  • Options
    I believe I mentioned at its inception, without a contested free and fair election of sorts the forum cannot achieve representative 'legitimacy', not to detract in anyway from the good and no doubt selfless work of the current incumbents.

anyway that aside I have changed my view that it was going to be a focus group only and credit to the FF for being more than that, indeed it seems to be less 'manageable' than the previous set up which is a good thing in my view, whether it has as much influence is open to debate.
  • Options
    I think if its given a fair chance and we get behind it ,it will do well