Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum says "time for some answers"

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    What will tomorrow bring I wonder?

Another defeat probably ! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]As for the mysterious David Smith, well that is an interesting development.

Bing

What do you mean by this? Did he come back on again and I missed him? Or are you referring to his appearance about two weeks ago?
  • Options
    Sorry PA, I was intrigued by your comment thats all about the possibility that he was a Director, obviously I had missed that first time around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]NLA

You're up other peoples arses!!!!!!

Dont knock it before youve tried it sailor
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Anything yet?

Don't tell me.You've been given so much information that you havn't had a chance to read it all yet,let alone post em' on here. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Anything yet?

Don't tell me.You've been given so much information that you havn't had a chance to read it all yet,let alone post em' on here. ;-)

The Club has acknowledged receipt of the e-mail which is with Richard and Derek "for consideration". As soon as we hear anything, we will post it here and on other sites.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite] This week sees the point at which we have decided not to sit and wait by the plane wreckage for help which may or may not arrive, but to act positively by striking off into the wilderness. Before we set off, it's vital to know if there is a rescue party just about to find us ..... or if it has also got itself lost in the wilderness.

I take it our rescue flair has not been seen.I've got the planes first aid kit,70 shepherds pies and some stellas.You can carry the cases Dave.Let's go before it gets dark.
  • Options
    This type of thread is the reason I try not to come on here so much any more. I'm depressed enough without watching our fanbase turn on itself. Sad, very sad.
  • Options
    Still no news.

This club is a utter joke. We are a week away from the start of the season. The Manager needs to know whats going on so he can buy or sell players - other football club managers and newspapers are quoting that uncertainties in a proposed takeover is delaying certain transfers, but still we, the fans, some are even shareholders and many are loyal season ticket holders who have followed this club home & away in all weathers are still left in the dark.

Frankly, we deserve more. If the current board can't see that then they need shooting. As every day passes with no news, even after the Fans Forum have begged and pleaded for some small nugget of news, fans & players confidence is slowly draining away. A Statement is needed NOW........no matter what is says, good or bad. All we ask for is information.

I just hope that a fire doesn't start in the boardroom as it wll take them a week to decide who is going to ring 999 and a further week to fetch a fire-extinguiser.
  • Options
    They've got a sprinkler system.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This evening the Fans' Forum received the following reply to our e-mail sent earlier this week:

Richard Murray and Derek Chappell confirmed on Friday evening that talks regarding the potential purchase of Charlton are ongoing.

The Addicks football club board chairman and plc chairman respectively issued a joint statement in response to a series of questions posed by the fans’ forum.

The duo revealed they shared fans’ frustrations, but reiterated that it was an extremely complex process and that the club’s directors were bound by confidentiality agreements.

The first question from the forum queried whether talks concerning the offer for the football club were still ongoing.

In response, the statement said: “Talks are still ongoing regarding the purchase of the football club, but due to various legal constraints and confidentiality placed upon all directors of the football club, we are unable to say more than that at this time.”

Question two: If talks are ongoing, when is a conclusion expected and when is a statement from the club anticipated?

“As fans can imagine,” read the statement, “the sale of a football club is an extremely complex process with many different components to arrive at a final offer for the transfer of the football club to a new owner, and that is why we have been unable to give any concrete timelines as to a possible completion of such a sale.

“We are in talks, but that is as much as we can say at this stage as the directors all come under a signed non disclosure agreement. We will obviously release information as things progress and we are legally instructed to do so. We are sorry we cannot be more specific.”

The final question asked whether any aspects of supporters’ events planned for the next two weeks should be influenced by any ongoing talks.

In reply, the statement said: “We all want a successful and profitable future for the club and that is what we are committed to do as directors of the club.

“We understand fans’ frustrations, but feel that any protest at this time would not be helpful in our ongoing talks.

“Discussions around a proposed supporters’ trust is something that we would not have any issues with, but obviously the existing conditions referred to will change if the club comes under new ownership or acquires new investment in the future.

“We fully understand fans’ current frustrations, which we assure supporters are shared by all directors and the executive team. We stress that we will release more information as soon as we are able to do so.

“What we can say is that we all want the club to flourish and prosper, and at the current time, talk of public protests could prove extremely harmful.”
  • Options
    I think this is good work, however, the silence remains a good thing. Our Board and the potential new Board clearly have an NDA in place until a deal is done or it's broken. The silence means the negotiations are ongoing or are awaiting events to unfold, such as a final decision by one Director.

No players leaving at this point is again a good thing. Suspect this is the new Board saying to the old, you strip this club of its assets before we gain control and deal is off. Why ins? Parky probably gets authorisation from our Board who in turn seek the nod from potential buyers. Only players that our Board can afford will of course be brought in for now, as it is their budget, however if the new Board were successful I could well imagine that they would set a new budget, which MAY stretch to the option of keeping Gray should Parky wish and Gray agree.

I wish we'd stop being so impatient. The silence is there for a reason and despite some mistakes which the man has admitted in the past in Murray I trust would have the decency to open up if he could.
  • Options
    Thanks Dave well done the fans forum, at last some news if it is still very tight lipped. Seems as though the deal is not dead and everyones trying to get the sale/investment sorted asap.

Im happy to sit and wait. Would be nice if it was done before next Sat. Up the addicks!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well done the FF for asking and well done the board for answering.

They have confirmed as much as they can at this point IMHO.

It's ongoing, there are NDAs in place. That is good news.

They didn't saywhen. I'd say that is because they can't say for sure if and when a deal will be completed.

If they said "10 days" or whatever the anticipation from fans leading up to that deadline would be great and the let down when it passed greater so better not to say IMHO even if we'd all like to know.

So we wait.
  • Options
    Well, I was right in much of what I said and knew ;), albeit timing was as bad as Burton's shot (air) at Crawley's open goal 10 days ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Well done the FF for asking and well done the board for answering.

They have confirmed as much as they can at this point IMHO.

It's ongoing, there are NDAs in place. That is good news.

They didn't when. I'd say that is because they can't say for sure if and when a deal will be completed. If they said "10 days" or whatever the anticipation from fans leading up to that deadline would be great and the let down when it passed great so better not to say IMHO even if we'd all like to know.

No real news and no facts, but still good news nevertheless.
  • Options
    Thanks Dave & the FF - good to get it confirmed that talks are ongoing at least.

Their point about a protest is well made, if indeed anyone was serious about it in the first place.
  • Options
    Shows we don't need a supporters trust the fans forum is more than capable at doing its job, the only reason fans want a supporters trust is because they are being too impatient and want to no what is happening at all times.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Shows we don't need a supporters trust the fans forum is more than capable at doing its job, the only reason fans want a supporters trust is because they are being too impatient and want to no what is happening at all times.[/quote]

Total cobblers. Charlton needs a group that represents fans, is chosen by fans and exists independently of the club. And it always did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Shows we don't need a supporters trust the fans forum is more than capable at doing its job, the only reason fans want a supporters trust is because they are being too impatient and want to no what is happening at all times.

Total cobblers. Charlton needs a group that represents fans, is chosen by fans and exists independently of the club. And it always did.
    And what do you think it will achieve that the fans forum will not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My flare was spotted.we're saved! ;-)
  • Options
    Oh dear, please read up on what an ST is for before making such comments
  • Options
    It's interesting that the Board sound very worried about the possibility of a fan protest. Surely we're a long way off any such kind of action, although i'm sure you'll get the odd few.
  • Options
    "we understand fans' frustrations,but..........."

Really ?
  • Options
    Legitimacy and credibility, for a start.

I wouldn't denigrate the work done by the people who make up the fans' forum, but frankly the fans should have been putting a rocket up the club's arse on a regular basis over the last couple of years. I just don't see that kind of sustained constructive criticism coming from a group that exists on the say-so of the board, however genuine the intentions of the people behind it.

The risk is that you just get more I'm-in-the-know cheerleading from fans who suddenly find themselves on nodding terms with directors - and to be clear that's not a pop at any of the current fans' forum - offset by wild personal attacks on individual directors based on no evidence at all. The latter simply enables all criticism to be dismissed as the work of "nutters".

By the way, the suggestion that the fans' impatience is unreasonable is so far from reality as to beggar belief.
  • Options
    The Supporters club has died as a viable independent source, I don't know who if anyone is to blame for that, but something independent should be in place.

It's nothing against the forum, the concept and the people on it are the right, but it those need a mass independent organisation to be advocates and campaigners for supporters. CASC can't do it, it needs the Trust to get it happening for supporters again
  • Options
    Airman - do you still work at the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The Supporters club has died as a viable independent source, I don't know who if anyone is to blame for that, but something independent should be in place.

It's nothing against the forum, the concept and the people on it are the right, but it those need a mass independent organisation to be advocates and campaigners for supporters. CASC can't do it, it needs the Trust to get it happening for supporters again

Total agree with this & agree totally with Airman's Comment "...the suggestion that the fans' impatience..."
    How long do we give these people.......About 4 years,9 months,'til the end of never ?
  • Options
    “Discussions around a proposed supporters’ trust is something that we would not have any issues with, but obviously the existing conditions referred to will change if the club comes under new ownership or acquires new investment in the future."

An interesting perspective. 'existing conditions' - any thoughts?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Airman - do you still work at the club?[/quote]

If I didn't I would have a great deal more to say.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Richard Murray, in particular, and I don't question the motives of directors, but the reference to the "executive team" being frustrated by the situation was a bit much for me.

I'll go away and lie down for a while.